• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Single stage press upgrade

Nice work!

How difficult was it to tap the threads?
That large size in cast iron must have taken quite a bit of torque to turn that tap?
My experience working in a machine shop, the big ones usually tap pretty easily with a sharp tap and some lube. Cast iron taps pretty easily, it kind of flakes apart like powder.

UuuZzz wooined it!

Cool so many older presses go to rot in the corner if a shed because of the older thread styles

This guy seems like the type on a fixed income not actually a skinflint

With access to the tooling and machines, I'd say he is someone who enjoys the challenge of the job.

I can easily afford locking rings for my dies but I did a cad model and printed out a bunch of rings because I enjoy the work.
Same goes for many of the designs I have out on Thingiverse - would have been cheaper/faster to just buy instead of making the parts

With access to the tooling and machines, I'd say he is someone who enjoys the challenge of the job.

I can easily afford locking rings for my dies but I did a cad model and printed out a bunch of rings because I enjoy the work.
Same goes for many of the designs I have out on Thingiverse - would have been cheaper/faster to just buy instead of making the parts

My comment was a rare opportunity to bust the ops 🥜. He is a personal friend. Also very talented

Back
Top Bottom