• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

single stack 9mm options

garyz

NES Member
looking for options for a single stack 9mm pistol
shield and 1911 first options that came to mind
what else is out there?

thx
garyz

sw m&p shield 9
Sig p938
Kimber micro 9
kimber solo
glock 43
Sig p225/p6
walther ccp
springfield xd-s
ruger lc9/lc9s
kahr pm9
baretta nano
Walther pps
kahr cw9
sccy cpx-2

ok the glock 43 is le only
guess i should have asked for mass compliant only
is the walther ccp or the kahr ok in mass?
thx
garyz

Last edited:
ok the glock 43 is le only
guess i should have asked for mass compliant only
is the walther ccp or the kahr ok in mass?
thx
garyz

Not accurate. All listed guns are fine for you to purchase and own. Remember, compliance is only about what a dealer can sell and has nothing to do with what you can buy or own.

The only "pistols" you cant own are ones the run afoul of the AWB. That falls back to

C) a semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a
detachable magazine and has at least 2 of--
``(i) an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol
outside of the pistol grip;
``(ii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel
extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;
``(iii) a shroud that is attached to, or partially or
completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter
to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being
burned;
``(iv) a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the
pistol is unloaded; and
``(v) a semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm
None of the guns I have seen listed in this thread so far are assault weapons so they are all "MA compliant" for you as the purchaser. Decide what you want and then go find one.

Try a older gen SW
I like my SW 39-2 and even though I have small hands the 4013 double stack feels nice and points well for me. If I found 3rd gen 5900 or 3900 for the deal I got on the 4013 I would have snagged one.

The Shield 9mm and G43 are the best options in my opinion.

Pic #1 is the Shield w/TLR-6

Pic #2 is a Ted Cori custom IWB holster

Pic #3 shows the size/width comparison for the Full Size M&P9 vs Shield 9mm vs Bodyguard 380

IMG_0324.jpg IMG_0345.jpg IMG_0219.jpg

Ruger LC9s. The S means striker. Much better gun than the hammer fired LC9. The LC9s is similar to the Shield, but without S&W's low build quality. And unlike the Shield, no one makes a trigger kit for it because it's got a great, buttery trigger.

need to start looking to see whats around and what fits my hand
If hand fit is important to you (and you look like a big guy in your picture), then G43 and Kahr might be too small for you. Shield or LC9s will fit better and are excellent choices.

went to local shop yesterday handled the lsc9 w/ the extened mag felt good
i have the shield, i like it, just have to get used to it,
just trying to see what options for a full size, as i have the canik, i really do not like
the fit of the gun into my hand. actually takes a chunk out of my thumb when i shoot it.
have to try to find and older sw i like the look of the older sw's
still looking thx for the info and options

Is the Sig 225 A1 legal in the state? Great gun if you can find it. I'd also recommend the Ruger 1911 9mm and Walther PPS - earlier version.

The Sig P-239 maybe an an easier option to find in 9 mm then a Sig P-225

Both the p225 and p239 are on the EOPS list so pretty much any dealer can/will sell you one. First distributer I looked at had more P225s in stock than P239s. 2nd distributer about the same. 3rd distributer again, more p225s than p239s

I would say no real difference in availability. Should you want a p225, go into your LGS and ask them to get one for you.

Back
Top Bottom