• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Single or double hook AK trigger group for WASR?

So I am looking to do a few minor upgrades to my WASR-10 to help with the trigger slap and maybe some of the other things that come along with this gun. When looking at the trigger groups on this site:

http://www.gunaccessories.com/AK47-MAK90/SpareParts.asp

I found they had single and double hook trigger groups. Does it matter which one I buy? They seem to be the same according to their descriptions except for that fact. Also if anyone has any reccomendations on other ways I can improve my WASR to help make it an even more fun shooter than it already is let me know. I'm thinking that a recoil buffer could be another good addition.

So I am looking to do a few minor upgrades to my WASR-10 to help with the trigger slap and maybe some of the other things that come along with this gun. When looking at the trigger groups on this site:

Also if anyone has any reccomendations on other ways I can improve my WASR to help make it an even more fun shooter than it already is let me know. I'm thinking that a recoil buffer could be another good addition.

My WASR-10 from Four Seasons came with a TAPCO trigger group that is smooth and crisp. I added a recoil buffer, a 4x scope mounted so I can still use the iron sights, a compensator, and a Vickers sling.

The WASR barrel came with a cap welded over the threads. A gunsmith cut the weld, threaded on the compensator that I supplied and rewelded it so it remains MA legal.

A great shooter out to 200 yards. Took it deer hunting this year in NYS.

Regards,

Bob

Last edited:
I've got a single hook in my WASR-10.

The double hook is WAY over rated. The RomAK 3 "Dragunov" has a single hook trigger (Romanian, not an AK trigger, not TAPCO either), and is absolutely the nicest military trigger I've ever used. If single works there, it'll work in an AK.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I actually do already have a muzzle break on it that came with the gun when I purchased it. Also does anyone know is the installation of the trigger group pretty straight forward?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom