• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Single Hook vs. Double Hook Trigger for Saiga

I'm getting different opinions about single stage vs. double stage. Anyone have any feedback and what the pros and cons are? My original Saiga conversion has a single hook. Is one "better" than the other?

Thanks

drock02, no idea of the difference other than what I read on that webpage. My SAR-1 has a single cut-out, so single hook is all that will work with that gun.

I think that the Tapco page for Saigas tell you that you can't use double-hook on them . . . but I'm unsure what happens when folks do the conversions. Perhaps someone knowledgeable will jump in and help us all learn something?

One of my Saiga's (not a conversion) has a double. The one I'm going to convert I'll be using a single. Just wasn't sure if I should swap out the other with a single as well.

I've never seen a Saiga with a cut out for a double hook. Do you have a pic of the inside of the receiver?

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

So, correction- I double checked and do have a single hook not a double like I was told on the phone. But, I still don't know the difference performance wise between the two. Is this some kind of secret??? HAHA

Don't really know if there is a real difference and there is no secret. People have preferences on both sides. A single hook may be easier to tune than a double. If you had two rifles side by side and didn't know which was a single or the double you probably could not tell them apart when you fired them.

AFAIK the only reason a double hook was ever used was for security in knowing you had 2 in case one failed. I've never had a problem with a single hook FCG though.

I used single hooks on both of my saiga conversions if I recall correctly the double hook requires modifications to work in saiga particularly the widening of the trigger slot

Back
Top Bottom