Single action revolvers not compliant? Good God!

Here is an old GCAB agenda:

The "Functional Design Equivalents” are what @Len-2A Training is referring to.
I designed and supervised a product safety lab for DEC for many years. We didn't test every color, SKU, different sales configuration (computers), etc. If the differences didn't change any safety aspects, it was design equivalents. Gun mfrs are to stupid to do the same thing. Sad.

Four Seasons has the TALO version of the Ruger Wranger that's in the barkeeper configuration and on the list.

View: https://twitter.com/fsguns/status/1471934267961794571

View: https://twitter.com/fsguns/status/1471934567258988552

Very nice, but I meant if I see it in the case. I’m not looking for one, so I can resist them online.

But when it’s so cheap and looking so sexy in the case that you just know it moans when you load it that you just can’t resist.

I’ve so far been able to resist the Heritage revolvers. But if I EVER see a birds head barkeeper I don’t think I have the willpower. Lol
That safety though... 🤪

I ordered one of those Rough Rider single action revolvers because they seem like fun and they are $119. But it got cancelled because apparently they aren't Mass compliant. How the hell could a 22 revolver not be Mass compliant? What could be wrong with owning a 22 revolver? Maybe the same thing that could go wrong with the guns used by every Police officer in the State? Geez, I hate this state. What's wrong with these people?
Hahahaha! Crazy, ain't it? Before we got our LTCs I'd anticipated buying a Ruger Bearcat for the missus because I thought the grip would be perfect for her. Oops. Mrs. Gun Runner gave me a private class at no charge about how the roster works. The missus is pretty happy with the nearly-new Wrangler I bought from a smooth-talker here on NES. She doesn't notice any difference between it and the Single Six I bought for myself. Haha--she will when I stick the magnum cylinder in the Single Six.
I want the 16” barrel rough rider…just because of how ridiculous it looks.
View attachment 555371
What would a gunsmith charge to shorten that barrel?
Yes, that's the ticket. Is that true though? I was going by only one review I read.
Wrangler is LR only. Heritage does sell a .22 magnum cylinder for $30 which, according to the rep I spoke with on the phone, can be used in any of their .22s. Mine cycles just as smoothly as the original LR cylinder.
SA guns fire without touching the trigger; just ask the idiot, Alec Baldwin!
Well, they can. Happened to the missus yesterday. We'd each shot a couple cylinders out of a new Heritage carbine. She loaded the fifth cylinder, took aim, pulled back the hammer, and the SOB dropped before she touched the trigger. The hammer is not engaging the trigger at all. What a piece of crap. She says she now believes Alec Baldwin.

LGS usually would tell you 'no, those are illegal in MA to purchase. Fear not though! Let me turn your attention to our finest selection of our M&P line, with the MA special safe triggers'

LGS usually would tell you 'no, those are illegal in MA to purchase. Fear not though! Let me turn your attention to our finest selection of our M&P line, with the MA special safe triggers'
Four Seasons….

• Has “a frame, barrel, cylinder, slide or breechblock that is composed of: 1) any metal having a melting point of less than 900 degrees Fahrenheit; 2) any metal having an ultimate tensile strength of less than 55,000 pounds per square inch; or 3) any powdered metal having a density of less than 7.5 grams per cubic centimeter.” This requirement does not apply to any make and model of handgun that passes, in new condition, specific firing tests;4
  • Is prone to accidental discharge as measured by drop testing;5
There are companies manufacturing revolvers exceeding these standards, some even exceeding over 3x the pressure of max loads and they are not "MA approved".

It is simple, it is not due to quality, it is beccause the companies say "f*ck you" to MA and move on.

For companies to not submit, my guess is some don't out of principle, and others probably dont do it because (my guess) MA requirements and maybe fees are absurd and it is not worth it for whatever they would sell. I dont know what are the requirements on the manufacturers side or how much they need to pay, but it must be a pain in the a**.

Last edited:
I ordered one of those Rough Rider single action revolvers because they seem like fun and they are $119. But it got cancelled because apparently they aren't Mass compliant. How the hell could a 22 revolver not be Mass compliant? What could be wrong with owning a 22 revolver? Maybe the same thing that could go wrong with the guns used by every Police officer in the State? Geez, I hate this state. What's wrong with these people?
Let me guess, you also didn't check with the receiving FFL if they would transfer it. 🤦‍♂️

Very nice, but I meant if I see it in the case. I’m not looking for one, so I can resist them online.

But when it’s so cheap and looking so sexy in the case that you just know it moans when you load it that you just can’t resist.

Don't happen to walk into LGS in Salem then. I mean, unless you happen to

20220105_170423.jpg

Back
Top Bottom