• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sinaloa Cartel Spanks Mexican Police

The5thDentist

NES Life Member
NES Member
Trying to find non shitty videos from this incident.... most of it is all social media lard/schloque....

So Google won't show liveleak results at all anymore, huh?

Yeah it is weird, for sure. Then again liveleaks search sucks, too... although I did find this little clip...

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Fixed it for you. Name another criminal enterprise that's anywhere near as profitable as drugs are, you can't. All of this profit is the byproduct of
prohibition.

-Mike
I didn't say it wasn't but if you want legalization of all drugs be prepared for Millions of drug addicts populating our Cities and Towns. Look what "legal" opiates did to many citizens and many parts of the country, especially rural areas. It would be quite the social experiment.

I didn't say it wasn't but if you want legalization of all drugs be prepared for Millions of drug addicts populating our Cities and Towns. Look what "legal" opiates did to many citizens and many parts of the country, especially rural areas. It would be quite the social experiment.

There are already millions of them populating cities and towns.

It’s a failed experiment that we waste billions on plus it’s led to the militarizing the police.

There is no easy fix for Mexico. You cant just make all drugs legal and make the problem disappear overnight.

No matter what, there will always be addicts, you cant fix that. Make all drugs legal or make them all illegal, it wont change a thing, except that when they are illegal you cant control where they come from, what they contain and so on...

At least if something is legal, you can establish some sort of quality control.

If they legalize these drugs, don't you think the cartels would either take over the legal market, or use price undercutting, intimidation and violence to suppress it?
Either way it sounds like a win for the cartel.

If they legalize these drugs, don't you think the cartels would either take over the legal market, or use price undercutting, intimidation and violence to suppress it?
And they aren't winning now? They control everything because they have endless caah, cut into those profits and they'll feel it.

So you're telling me the opiate problem we had 15 years ago (when pills were easier to get) is worse than it is now? (where because prohibition bullshit, all the pill sniffers have now shifted to shit like Heroin and Fentanyl? ) Not sure if serious. There's a clear correlation between the hyper regulation of those opiates and the outbreak and increase in use of street-level opiates, as well as overdoses from said drugs. The pills got overpriced so they moved to heroin, fent, etc.

Prohibition is easily responsible for most of the drug problems the world faces it just ends up making every problem worse, and doesn't do a damned thing to
keep people off drugs or treat addiction. We already went through this bullshit with alcohol trying to "control" that, and it failed.

-Mike

"So you're telling me the opiate problem we had 15 years ago (when pills were easier to get) is worse than it is now? (where because prohibition bullshit, all the pill sniffers have now shifted to shit like Heroin and Fentanyl? ) Not sure if serious."
I don't know if it's worse now but Alcohol and Opiates are apples and oranges. I can drink beer or smoke a joint at night and go to work and function as a responsible employee etc. Being addicted to Opiates/hard drugs usually makes you a non-functional person and dependent on your drug. I've known quite a few addicts of both alcohol and drugs, which is worse is an individual opinion.

And they aren't winning now? They control everything because they have endless caah, cut into those profits and they'll feel it.

Yup, either way they win. Though, maybe to a lesser degree with a legal market.
A cut in profits will hurt.
It will also intensify the cycle of violence that already occurs.
The cartels will attempt to either control/destroy a legal market, or be destroyed by the fight, but it is sure to be ugly.

There is no easy fix for Mexico. You cant just make all drugs legal and make the problem disappear overnight.

It won't fix anything overnight but illegal narcotics is unique in the respect that it's probably one of the highest profit margin products in the world. Name me something else that can continually be produced, that only costs $1000 to buy in one place, that you can sell for $30,000 merely by moving it somewhere, with the only value add after the $1000 being "got it past a few prohibitive layers". Not too many products like that. I don't even think the DeBeers family gets to that level. The level of profit ensures that there will be lots of bad people wanting to feed at the trough along the way. Even if the US legalized most of this shit they would still sell plenty of it to other countries too dumb to do so, or perhaps move into other markets, like selling dirt farmers kidneys to chinese nationals or something like that... but even that would probably still have a worse profit margin than something like Heroin.

-Mike

To add to the point of cash crops....

The World’s Most Valuable Cash Crop

A family member works for dupont... started talking about corn and i tried to tell him that there is more money bring made on mj and coke on a fraction of actual land space than corn. These graphs help to illustrate.
The only cold hard way to stop "drugs" would seem to be to eliminate demand. And thet does not appear likely.

Last edited:
Yup, either way they win. Though, maybe to a lesser degree with a legal market.
A cut in profits will hurt.
It will also intensify the cycle of violence that already occurs.
The cartels will attempt to either control/destroy a legal market, or be destroyed by the fight, but it is sure to be ugly.

Wouldn't last long- the high profit margins are basically "the action that is the juice". What are they going to do, attack heavily guarded pharma facilities in
america? [laugh] Yeah, good luck with that. If what you say is correct, how come the cartels aren't bombing american weed dispensaries, etc? Although that's not as profitable as harder drugs, the legal weed trade is still likely making big cuts into their profits.

The only cold hard way to stop "drugs" would seem to be to eliminate demand. And thet does not appear likely.

Yes, and blowing money on prohibition does zero to do anything regarding demand, so there's that...

Further, honestly, most of the rest of us here don't give a shit so much about "stopping drugs" but rather we're more concerned about the side costs, which include billions of wasted taxpayer dollars, as well as lots of dead taxpayers including cops and joe average citizen alike. The prohibition based "war on drugs" going away would be a win on many fronts that have very little to do with people abusing the drugs themselves.

-Mike

Portugal decriminalized all drugs in 2001...a wiki blurb on the subject:

There is little reliable information about drug use, injecting behaviour or addiction treatment in Portugal before 2001, when general population surveys commenced. Before that, there were the indicators on lifetime prevalence amongst youth, collected as part of the European School Survey Project on Alcohol and Other Drugs (ESPAD), and some other (less reliable) data available through the EMCDDA.[18]

Thorough studies on how the various efforts have been implemented were not conducted. Thus, a causal effect between strategy efforts and these developments cannot be firmly established.[12] There are, however, statistical indicators that suggest the following correlations between the drug strategy and the following developments, from July 2001 up to 2007:

• Increased uptake of treatment (roughly 60% increase as of 2012.)[12]
  • Reduction in new HIV diagnoses amongst drug users by 17%[19] and a general drop of 90% in drug-related HIV infection
  • Reduction in drug related deaths, although this reduction has decreased in later years. The number of drug related deaths is now almost on the same level as before the drug strategy was implemented.[12][19] However, this may be accounted for by improvement in measurement practices, which includes a doubling of toxicological autopsies now being performed, meaning that more drugs related deaths are likely to be recorded.[20]
  • Reported lifetime use of "all illicit drugs" increased from 7.8% to 12%, lifetime use of cannabis increased from 7.6% to 11.7%, cocaine use more than doubled, from 0.9% to 1.9%, ecstasy nearly doubled from 0.7% to 1.3%, and heroin increased from 0.7% to 1.1%[19] It has been proposed[by whom?] that this effect may have been related to the candor of interviewees, who may have been inclined to answer more truthfully due to a reduction in the stigma associated with drug use.[20] However, during the same period, the use of heroin and cannabis also increased in Spain and Italy, where drugs for personal use was decriminalised many years earlier than in Portugal [20][21] while the use of Cannabis and heroin decreased in the rest of Western Europe.[22][23] The increase in drug use observed among adults in Portugal was not greater than that seen in nearby countries that did not change their drug laws.[24]
  • Possibly unrelated, homicide rate increased from 1.13 per 100 000 in 2000 to 1.76 in 2007, then decreased to 0.96 in 2015 [25][26][27]
  • Drug use among adolescents (13-15 yrs) and "problematic" users declined.[20]
  • Drug-related criminal justice workloads decreased.[20]
  • Decreased street value of most illicit drugs, some significantly
  • The number of drug related deaths has reduced from 131 in 2001 to 20 in 2008.[28] As of 2012, Portugal's drug death toll sat at 3 per million, in comparison to the EU average of 17.3 per million.
It's interesting about the time I DEROS'ed from VN mid-1968, smoking heroin was just starting to be 'in vogue'. I've heard most of the users quit stone cold after they returned home

. I'm told by friends who work in the VA, heroin abuse, post Afghanistan, is an ongoing epidemic . I do know from my 20 years of research post Vietnam a lot of high level (pardon the pun) US military actors were making a fortune in the trade.

Wouldn't last long- the high profit margins are basically "the action that is the juice". What are they going to do, attack heavily guarded pharma facilities in
america? [laugh] Yeah, good luck with that. If what you say is correct, how come the cartels aren't bombing american weed dispensaries, etc? Although that's not as profitable as harder drugs, the legal weed trade is still likely making big cuts into their profits.

Yes, and blowing money on prohibition does zero to do anything regarding demand, so there's that...

Further, honestly, most of the rest of us here don't give a shit so much about "stopping drugs" but rather we're more concerned about the side costs, which include billions of wasted taxpayer dollars, as well as lots of dead taxpayers including cops and joe average citizen alike. The prohibition based "war on drugs" going away would be a win on many fronts that have very little to do with people abusing the drugs themselves.

-Mike

I posted the graph was to add to your point of the high profit margin of illegal narcotics and why someone will always grow them instead of something like corn or rice.

I dunno about cartels attacking American facilities, that is unlikely. But obviously their products are in demand all over the world.

I agree with you with regards to spending/wasting taxpayer dollars.

At least with legalization only the users are paying the tax... in theory. You can't say that about alcohol or cigarettes though.

I am a less rules guy anyways, so legalize away. It may get nasty for a bit with less prohibition, but the end result may be the decrease in demand necessary to curb the problem.

US demand is a lot of money to the cartels. If that demand were to go away, the cartels would go with it

Back
Top Bottom