Simplified MA Compliant List?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a little trouble deciding on and researching a new handgun to purchase. Thought an M&P .22 might go well with the new Shield but it's not gonna happen I don't think. The state's online list is a joke. I'm can't even determine if the the Baretta 92fs compact INOX is allowed. Is there a rapid reference for the most prominent gun makers and their models and variants?

Having a little trouble deciding on and researching a new handgun to purchase. Thought an M&P .22 might go well with the new Shield but it's not gonna happen I don't think. The state's online list is a joke. I'm can't even determine if the the Baretta 92fs compact INOX is allowed. Is there a rapid reference for the most prominent gun makers and their models and variants?

You do know that the AG and EOPS regulations only apply to what an FFL dealer can transfer to you, right? You are "allowed" to own pretty much whatever the hell you want, it's just that it may be a little difficult to find something that doesn't pass the stringent requirements of both those .gov entities.

You do know that the AG and EOPS regulations only apply to what an FFL dealer can transfer to you, right? You are "allowed" to own pretty much whatever the hell you want, it's just that it may be a little difficult to find something that doesn't pass the stringent requirements of both those .gov entities.
Absolutely true. The problem is that not all of us can afford to pay double or greater for the guns that we would prefer to own over those that EOPS and evil Marcia allow MA dealers to sell to us.

For the OP, I would suggest going to the FSGuns website and other prominent dealer websites to see what they have in stock or anticipate getting in for sale. For better or worse, that is probably the poor man's best starting point.

Absolutely true. The problem is that not all of us can afford to pay double or greater for the guns that we would prefer to own over those that EOPS and evil Marcia allow MA dealers to sell to us.

For the OP, I would suggest going to the FSGuns website and other prominent dealer websites to see what they have in stock or anticipate getting in for sale. For better or worse, that is probably the poor man's best starting point.

This is exactly what I do. I also will visit Bud's website to get details on a gun. This works so long as you know the gun you are looking at is MA compliant. It isn't unless it says it is.

It's already been said, but you can buy whatever gun you want. If a dealer is selling a brand new Glock 19 Gen4 or a Kimber 1911, give the man your money and walk out with your mouth shut. The restriction is on FFLs, not the person buying. If you're looking to do an out of state purchase, find out if the receiving FFL will do the transfer.

I found this one on the list. Is this what you're talking about?

Beretta
92FS Compact Inox
9mm

Most handguns are de-facto possession legal in MA, so wipe that out of your head. The problem is dealer transfers.

Any "what dealers can transfer" list doesn't exist, and any attempt to make one would be a waste of time, because not every dealer is identical- their "what we will transfer" thing is very different. Many are excessively conservative to the point of being obnoxious.

Use a telephone. Talk to dealers you like. Ask them if they can get XYZ. Take notes.

-Mike

The Beretta 92FS compact INOX is on the approved roster list...hard to find one, though.

http://www.mass.gov/eopss/docs/chsb/firearms/approvedfirearmsroster05-2013amended.pdf

This is exactly what I do. I also will visit Bud's website to get details on a gun. This works so long as you know the gun you are looking at is MA compliant. It isn't unless it says it is.

Relying on Pud's to determine whether something is MA compliant or not? [rofl] You mean the same Puds that has woefully inconsistent policies in terms of determining what stuff they will send into MA?

-Mike

Glocks are also on the list, so what? Stop looking at the list, it means diddly squat.

I'm aware of that, Bro. I own Glocks. The man, MoAmmoPlease, stated that he couldn't find out if the Beretta 92FS INOX was on the list. I answered it for him. Don't get your panty's all bunched up over nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom