Silver City Firearms Taunton

LOL...

Jamie (snowjoker) is stepping up and running our Hi-Point carbine GP. The shop is a nice space, but empty due to the redonkulous back orders on guns/ammo. I am stoked to have another shop local to me.

Jon

Stopped in Friday afternoon and grabbed some ammo. Located on RT138 in Taunton, right over the Raynham line, a little past the old Big Milk Bottle. Looks like a nice place, great potential. Had a stripped Del-Ton lower for $119. Excited to see this place be successful.

Stopped in Friday afternoon and grabbed some ammo. Located on RT138 in Taunton, right over the Raynham line, a little past the old Big Milk Bottle. Looks like a nice place, great potential. Had a stripped Del-Ton lower for $119. Excited to see this place be successful.

I did as well, I was hoping they still had the Ruger MK III that was on their web site [sad2]. at least I got box 0f 22LR, 9, & 556.

You're a Tauntonian not a Tauntonite
You could be a Tauntaun:

star-wars-tauntaun.jpg

Got the Ruger MKIII today and a box of 22 to go with it. Great experience, friendly service. Definitely will look forward to future purchases there.

LOL...

Jamie (snowjoker) is stepping up and running our Hi-Point carbine GP. The shop is a nice space, but empty due to the redonkulous back orders on guns/ammo. I am stoked to have another shop local to me.

Jon

Anybody heading to this shop, buyer beware!!!

The group buy mentioned above still hasn't delivered over half the rifles paid for (going on 16 months now) due to a "distributor back up". During the past 16 months, updates from Jamie/Silver City have been sparse, his PM box is full, and calls to the shop get a frequent "he's unavailable" response. He also hasn't logged in to NES since April, meaning no updates, and has even let his membership lapse so he can't even access the group buy thread.

In addition, about 2 months ago, some people got store credit rather than wait longer. At least one person is still waiting for for their Group Buy replacement gun due to, you guessed it, "distributor delays". The few people he promised refunds to are still waiting for them, while the rest of us are pondering taking legal action.

I'm sure he's a nice guy and I realize that a NES Group Buy is different than his regular shop business.

For the time being though, I would highly recommend only purchasing items that he has in stock and you can take home same day.

I was one of the people stuck in the Hi Point Group Buy, I finally went down and took him up on the offer to work out a deal. I ended up leaving very happy with a brand new M&P Shield. Overall it was a great experience and the other people working at the shop were all both knowledgeable and nice. I feel bad about the negative rep the shop is getting because of the failed group buy, it was a place I would definitely visit again.

I was one of the people stuck in the Hi Point Group Buy, I finally went down and took him up on the offer to work out a deal. I ended up leaving very happy with a brand new M&P Shield. Overall it was a great experience and the other people working at the shop were all both knowledgeable and nice. I feel bad about the negative rep the shop is getting because of the failed group buy, it was a place I would definitely visit again.
I'm glad someone finally posted something positive about Jamie and Silver City. I'm sure that he regrets having anything to do with the horrendous Hi-Point GB just as much as the GB participants who have been left endlessly waiting. Yes, it's a small shop and yes, his inventory and clout do not match the big boys. But I'd still encourage any GB participant who can do so to take a trip down there and deal with Jamie in person. With a little give and take, my guess is that most will be able to come to a mutually satisfactory, if not perfect, solution.

I also went down to the store as a result of the group buy. As mentioned, Jamie is very nice and is willing to make a deal to "cash" people out of the GB. He gave me a good price on a 10/22 rather than making me wait it out further. I would still have concerns about ordering through the shop (hi-point accessories never came in and were clearly designated as outside the group buy), but otherwise he's a very nice guy, it's a nice little shop, and is worth a visit.

Back
Top Bottom