• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Silver City Firearms closed

Too bad to see shops close. Guy sounds like he wasn't the best, but that's just one less place to buy firearms/ammo. A good shop in Taunton would be profitable though. Or even further up 138 in Raynham south of 495.

Too bad to see shops close. Guy sounds like he wasn't the best, but that's just one less place to buy firearms/ammo. A good shop in Taunton would be profitable though. Or even further up 138 in Raynham south of 495.

That is basically where scf was, just on the taunton side of the border.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

New opportunity presents itself to potentially someone of integrity. As a consumer failure is a good thing.

Went to the shop a bunch of times before I was able to see him and get my money. He was never available by phone and didn't returned calls. Guys who live far from the shop lost out on their $$.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

God I hope not.

Not happening anyways the demographics of the armpit don't really support it. That's why most shops in that region don't pan out so hot. With a couple of exceptions, I also haven't seen one that had a particularly good location... that doesn't help either, because "foreigners" don't really want to go into the pit, so you gotta be on the edges of it instead of in the thick of it.

-Mike

Not happening anyways the demographics of the armpit don't really support it. That's why most shops in that region don't pan out so hot. With a couple of exceptions, I also haven't seen one that had a particularly good location... that doesn't help either, because "foreigners" don't really want to go into the pit, so you gotta be on the edges of it instead of in the thick of it.

-Mike

I bet a shop located just off RT24 in the Bridgewater area would do great if it was properly managed and had some money behind it. The problems with the shops around here, most are comfortable just making a living.

Last edited:
Correct. If the "armpit" of Massachusetts could support a Four Seasons high-volume/low prices style gun shop, there would already be one there. [thinking]

I'm thinking it would have to be somewhere along or near Rte 1 just south of Rte 128.

Correct. If the "armpit" of Massachusetts could support a Four Seasons high-volume/low prices style gun shop, there would already be one there. [thinking]

I'm thinking it would have to be somewhere along or near Rte 1 just south of Rte 128.

With that thinking there would be one on Rt.1 now. The south east of mass can support a big store, Four Seasons gets plenty of us now.

With that thinking there would be one on Rt.1 now. The south east of mass can support a big store, Four Seasons gets plenty of us now.

Hartman Arms, while not exactly close to 128, is certainly not that far off and is still oN Rte 1. With the right approach, they could easily become that shop, in my opinion.

I have a good friend that has 3 rifles on consignment at silver city. He cant get a call back and has been leaving messages for a few days. Anyone have advice on what he should do next?

I have a good friend that has 3 rifles on consignment at silver city. He cant get a call back and has been leaving messages for a few days. Anyone have advice on what he should do next?

I thought someone said that his phone was disconnected?

At any rate, leave one more message (by phone, Email or smoke signal) that if no response in 5 days that he'll file a stolen gun report with the Taunton PD and pursue civil action in court. That might elicit a response and if it doesn't, he shouldn't be nice about it . . . follow-thru.

I thought someone said that his phone was disconnected?

At any rate, leave one more message (by phone, Email or smoke signal) that if no response in 5 days that he'll file a stolen gun report with the Taunton PD and pursue civil action in court. That might elicit a response and if it doesn't, he shouldn't be nice about it . . . follow-thru.

This. I would consider them stolen already, but the truth of the matter is, one more call to leave a message (if you can leave one) is worth doing

Rt 1 is bad, thinking more like 495/1 or 495/24 connector areas like within 2 min of either. The foreigners would drive down for that. Not so much if its in the weeds through 900 stoplights in one of those armpit towns.

-Mike

Stolen guns don't go over well with the fuzz. Sounds like this dude has screwed over enough people, stolen your guns, and needs a special visit from the blue shirts.

Rt 1 is bad, thinking more like 495/1 or 495/24 connector areas like within 2 min of either. The foreigners would drive down for that. Not so much if its in the weeds through 900 stoplights in one of those armpit towns.

-Mike
Gartman is essentially 495/1.

- - - Updated - - -

From my googling it seems like his FFL expired on 1 Dec 2015.

well, considering Gartman did truck tail and split town.....which do you think I was talking about?[rolleyes]

Huh, sorry this doesn't make sense to me? The original owner of Gartman's passed away, Jim Shepperd is managing it for them. He owned but sold Zero Hour Arms a few years ago.

I think he meant didn't.

yup, "didn't tuck tail and split town", meaning the store is still open. stupid iPhone auto correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Huh, sorry this doesn't make sense to me? The original owner of Gartman's passed away, Jim Shepperd is managing it for them. He owned but sold Zero Hour Arms a few years ago.

see my reply above. Also, Gartman's prior history doesn't matter. The point is, out of the two stores I have mentioned in this thread, only one is open, and it aint SCF. (SCF = Silver City Forearms, in case I have to explain)

-Mike

Gartman is 3 miles south of Bass Pro and closer than that to 495. Happened to be in there tonight when a member of the Patriots came by, think expensive taste. I think the team could support the place by itself lol.

-Mike

Bridgewater close to 24 on rt 104 or in the Scotland industrial park would be great. Close to 24, 495, and 44 from the east.

Last edited:
I'd rather have one good option to purchase firearms in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts than having to deal with scumbags that steal from their customers and fail to deliver on their promises.

I hope he gets caught with the firearms he failed to returned and does jail time.

Too bad the Rat is the rat. North Attleboro is at the junctions of rt 95/1/1a/495 and 295

Keep us posted as to the outcome. I would love to hear about Jamies misery, he porked alot of people. Glad I got out when I did.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope he gets caught with the firearms he failed to returned and does jail time.

Yep

Back
Top Bottom