• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Silver City Firearms closed

Some chatter on a FB page about people trying to visit there the past few days and the shop is closed, empty and phone disconnected.

Last edited:
Is this the same shop that still owe NERsers rifles and or refunds from years ago?. I have never bn there but i have heard mix reviews about the place

Yup, that shop....a lot of gift certificates, pending orders and promises he's walking out on too according to a few people unaware of his past hiccups. Going to be some really unhappy people.

Hate to hear people closing buisness but if all these rumors are true about there buisness practices, I'm not shocked. I've been in there one time... With zero hour and now maybe silver city, there's def a buisness opertunity out there

Hate to hear people closing buisness but if all these rumors are true about there buisness practices, I'm not shocked. I've been in there one time... With zero hour and now maybe silver city, there's def a buisness opertunity out there

Unfortunately, not rumors. There is a shitshow thread in the group buy section that did not end well.

Yeah,. someone who left a lot of people high and dry on a hipoint group buy (my shocked face) although some were nippleheads and never bothered to try to get SOMETHING back from the guy while they could. (or at least there used to be, honestly past a certain point I stopped keeping track of that whole dumpster fire GB. )

-Mike

Last edited:
I was part of that 2+yr group buy. Hopefully he didn't screw too many on his way out. Guess I can change my signature now.

Yup, that shop....a lot of gift certificates, pending orders and promises he's walking out on too according to a few people unaware of his past hiccups. Going to be some really unhappy people.

There were ways to deal with that, but I'm guessing that most on NES didn't/wouldn't do what needed to be done to get their money back instead of excuses.

Yeah,. someone who left a lot of people high and dry on a hipoint group buy (my shocked face) although some were nippleheads and never bothered to try to get SOMETHING back from the guy while they could. (or at least there used to be, honestly past a certain point I stopped keeping track of that whole dumpster fire GB. )

-Mike

Yup.

Well the new shop in fall river just opened last week (troy city tactical) plus the 2 in westport (village sports and ??The reloading one???) on rt 6 and FTS on new Bedford....there are options just a little further south...

Well the new shop in fall river just opened last week (troy city tactical) plus the 2 in westport (village sports and ??The reloading one???) on rt 6 and FTS on new Bedford....there are options just a little further south...

Shooting Supply. Great shop and not just for reloading. Gun inventory increasing and tons of ammo too.

This Silver City guy just keeps delivering. LMAO

- - - Updated - - -

IBTL

wasn't the owner an NESer?

Was snowjoker his NES name? Jamie something or other.

Last edited:
I know some on here had a bad experience with these guys but for me they were close, had reasonably priced transfers and were open Sundays. That had value for me. Last time I was in their inventory had shrunk from minimal to non-existant. Didn't look good.

From his "J's Bait" Facebook page dated April 26th:

"As some of you may already know, J's Bait is closing this coming Friday April 29th. It was a tough decision, but one we needed to make at this time. We will be having a closing sale Wednesday, Thursday and Friday with 30% off all our Salt Water Tackle and 50% off all our Fresh Water Tackle! Also, we have some remaining frozen Squid, Clams and Mackerel. We will sell off the remainder of that off at $1.50 per one pound container, which normally sell for $3.75 or $4.50 per container so stock up now and keep it frozen until you need it! Thank you for your patronage over the years and have a good summer! We will miss all of you! J's Bait signing off..."

Good riddance. Jamie is a lying P.O.S. Finally walked in and walked out with something I had to sell to get my money. Terrible businessman, and someone that can lie to your face is also a terrible person.

Wow! I've never had any bad dealings with him. He was a pretty good asset to me, especially with finger printing, but it seems from the hate people have that I may haps just got really lucky. I even see a "Silver City Sucks" signature. Too bad to hear this and Zero Hour is gone as well. I had a lot of memories there.

To be honest, I had already moved over to my friends at AJ's Firearms in Acushnet anyway and done some Four Season traveling.

I was part of the group buy clusterF. I did end up going down to the shop and working out an alternate deal over a year after he collected for the group buy.

I actually had to go down there a few times to actually catch him in the store. I swear that I would call to see if he'd be there the next day, get a "yes", and the he'd have someone else come in. This happened 2-3 times. Eventually I just asked "when is Jamie normally in" and just showed up randomly at one of those times and lo and behold he was there.

The store wasn't that great when I was there and obviously my dealings with the owner left me a bit sour, so no big loss on the store vanishing.

Once I dropped off my shotgun to be cleaned. It took three weeks to get it back. Three weeks. I never went back.

Wow! I've never had any bad dealings with him. He was a pretty good asset to me, especially with finger printing, but it seems from the hate people have that I may haps just got really lucky. I even see a "Silver City Sucks" signature. Too bad to hear this and Zero Hour is gone as well. I had a lot of memories there.

To be honest, I had already moved over to my friends at AJ's Firearms in Acushnet anyway and done some Four Season traveling.

I just bought my first handgun from AJ in Acushnet, he was great and I felt his prices were very compliable to internet pricing!

Never knew the guy or ever shopped there, but his byline gives you a clue.

silver_city_logo_resize.jpg

"Because Not Everyone Is Nice" [rofl]

Thats like investing with some one called "Mad(e)Off"

there was some FB chatter about him starting NRA training, same logo and everything, and then he took that down too. the apologists still showed up on FB hoping all is well with the guy and relaying his story about how his lease was not renewed....i am surprised he lasted this long....

Back
Top Bottom