Votes: 0 0.0%
  • wear boots

• ride a motorcycle

• Total voters

dwarven1

Lonely Mountain Arms
OK, so I was out this weekend working on the bike and the back of my neck got sunburned... thus making me a real redneck. :) So I got to wondering - since we are all gun owners here - how many other stereotypes do we fit?
(Ignore the poll... I was hoping it could let respondents choose multiple responses... but it can't. Derek, can you delete it? It won't let me...)

So...

Do you own a pickup truck? (no)
Listen to country & western? (yes)
wear boots? (yes)
Motorcycle? (Yes!)

Ok, owning a motorcycle is not usually associated with owning a gun... although many of my bike riding friends do. Oddly enough, my friends who ride AND shoot are a higher percentage than my shooting friends who ride. There's something strange there... If you ride, you're more likely to shoot, but if you shoot, you're less likely to ride? I'll have to ask my friends who do both which came first, the bike or the gun.

Like I said... just an exercise in silliness.

Ross

Bad poll. I can only choose 1. I can hit 3 of them right now and I used to own a truck.... and I will again.

Do you own a pickup truck? Not any more.
Listen to country & western? Hell Yeah!
wear boots? Yup
Motorcycle? Yes. And I ride to the range with my rifle sometimes.

Let's see here...

Own a pickup truck? --Nope
Listen to country & western? --Nope (just about everything else though)
wear boots? --Yep, but not because I need them for work
Motorcycle? --Oh yeah! Hence the boots

I too got sunburned this weekend while I was out doing a Quobbin reservoir ride with a bunch of VTX owners. 60 bikes on that ride. It was a sight to behold!

Own a pickup truck? Nope, but the more I'm around them, the more I like them.
Listen to country & western? Nope
wear boots? Depends on the boots
Motorcycle? I used to ride Off Road

I too burnt my neck this weekend, working with my buddies pickup moving and stacking railroad ties.

Not fair...
You should have made it a multiple choice.

Own a pickup truck? Yes, as a matter of fact I traded in my 97 Dodge ram for an 05 Ram on Monday... And YES it's got a Hemi
Listen to country & western? Sometimes, my woman loves it
wear boots? Yes
Motorcycle? Yes again, although I used to race Moto-X I am now on my second Harley!

Adam

You know those You might be a redneck if.....Well lets just say alot apply to us. I love country music, we have a pickup in the yard (sons,bright canary yellow) spare vehicles don't ask, and various parts to vehicles and people that we 4-wheel with can usually find spare parts here. Glenn's built up tracker, oh yeah and frames of vehicles hidden in various parts of the property. :)

Pick up, yup
C&W Music, yup (NASCAR!!!!!!!!!)
Boots, yup,
Mow-Tor-Cicle, nope That went away when I got married [cry] No moto-X but lots of enduros and Turkey Runs and many trips to the moto-X nationals, Southwick, MA-Unadilla, NY

I own a pickup (a Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4) AND I listen to both kinds of music...Country and Western..

Motorcycle...

And not one of those lame-@$$ hardleys.....

Me in turn 6 on the racetrack, Loudon....

20041005a022l.jpg

How about not fitting any stereotype?

I'm a woman who drives a sedan, listens to punk rock, only wears boots if they're "funky" and has never even been on a motorcycle... I did tool around on my friend's scooter a couple of times, though.

However, I have a Ruger, a S&W, a Glock and an AR-15 in my closet (and it's a damn shame there isn't a longer list-I have more room in my closet.)

Go figure.

Just sold my sportster to a friend on Tuesday, owned that one for 11 years so I'm kind of freakin out with no scoot. 03 F-150, not much country, and God bless Red Wing boots. Hows that?

Fascinating... I'm seeing some themes here. FYI, SiameseRat, I'm a man who drives a station wagon - by choice. (I ride a Beemer, so I don't need a pickup truck. [twisted] ) So you're not the only one without a pickup.

I included that because it's a stereotypical image - y'know, the redneck with the pickup truck? Although, at the IDPA shoots at Riverside, there ARE a lot of trucks there... seems to be some truth in the matter.

Ross

I usually tell people I'm a liberal's worst night mare. I'm a gun toting, cigar smoking, SUV owning female who votes. I also wear boots and like C&W.

:D

Lynne said:
I usually tell people I'm a liberal's worst night mare. I'm a gun toting, cigar smoking, SUV owning female who votes. I also wear boots and like C&W.

Sounds like my wife, other than the C&W part, and she only smoke cigars once in a while. My kind of lady, both of you.

Lynne said:

Ya had me up until you mentioned the cigars... I've tried them a few times, liked them while I was smoking them... and spent 3 days trying to get the aftertaste out of my mouth. Yick. You don't have a sister who doesn't smoke, do you? :)

Just kidding... I'm married. Now, if you can teach my wife to shoot... and VOTE! I'd be mighty obliged. (Hey, I finally got her to register 3-4 years ago... now I just have to get her to the polls.

Ross

dwarven1 said:
Now, if you can teach my wife to shoot... and VOTE! I'd be mighty obliged. (Hey, I finally got her to register 3-4 years ago... now I just have to get her to the polls.

Ross

Mine was trained the HARD way, by Uncle Sam.

My daughter was raised that way. Funny, since her answers would've been No, Yes, Yes, Yes. She has an SUV, not a pick-up. She rides a BMW K75S and pulls a trailer with it! No slouch as a rider, either. Typical DeadHorse (DeadHorse MC that is). That apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Truck? Nope.
Country & Western? Not really. Well, maybe some Bob Wells and the Texas Playboys. And Willie.
Boots? Only my Sorels in the snow.
Motorcycle? Nope.

Better add "chew tobackey" to that poll. :)

Nickle said:
Lynne said:

Sounds like my wife, other than the C&W part, and she only smoke cigars once in a while. My kind of lady, both of you.

[oops] aw gosh.... :D

dwarven1 said:
Lynne said:

Ya had me up until you mentioned the cigars... I've tried them a few times, liked them while I was smoking them... and spent 3 days trying to get the aftertaste out of my mouth. Yick.

Then you weren't smoking the good ones luv. :D

Lynne said:

Entirely possible! This was at a conference where a vendor was wining and dining us (literally!), so the cigars that they were giving out may well have been barn-floor sweepings, for all I know. Maybe I'll try to hit a smoke shop when I'm in Vancouver next week for a Cuban. :D

On another subject entirely, Lynne - do you know of a reenactment this weekend in Central Mass, like around Leominster or Fitchburg? A lodge brother mentioned to me that there might be one, but he didn't have details. And I'm still trying to find a reenactor unit that reenacts the 66th NY Volunteers...

Ross

I have an 85 f350 , and a "project " CJ-7 in the yard.

I wear jump boots, Maine hunting shoes, and Cowboy boots. Ever since they started making Sneakers ugly I
quit.

Every radio in the house and vehicles is tuned to C&W stations , and I went tosee Big 'n Rich last week in N.H.

And I have 4 handguns , two shotguns and a rifle.

And 3 dogs

and my house is full of almost finished improvemnet projects.

dwarven1 said:
Lynne said:

Entirely possible! This was at a conference where a vendor was wining and dining us (literally!), so the cigars that they were giving out may well have been barn-floor sweepings, for all I know. Maybe I'll try to hit a smoke shop when I'm in Vancouver next week for a Cuban. :D

On another subject entirely, Lynne - do you know of a reenactment this weekend in Central Mass, like around Leominster or Fitchburg? A lodge brother mentioned to me that there might be one, but he didn't have details. And I'm still trying to find a reenactor unit that reenacts the 66th NY Volunteers...

Ross

Get a Macanudo - a mild one. Cubans are overrated and you can get cigars that are made with tobacco grown from Cuban seed, only they're made in South America.

RE: Reenactment - there's one in Boylston this Sat. & Sun. Our unit will be there, but Ed and I won't be. He's marching in a parade on Sunday with his 18th century gang. After seeing the weather report tonight - I'm glad I'm not in wool this weekend. Can't help you with the 66th hun - I'm a Confederate. :D

Back
Top Bottom