• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Silly Poll II (for rehabilitated ex-liberals)

What stereotype do you (regrettably) fit?

• Still a Democrat, but pissed that party taken over by commies, moonbats and outer-space aliens

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Used to believe that "common sense gun laws" actually meant "common sense gun laws".

• Would now rather cop to a false charge of some crime than admit that you actually, at one time, vote

• Once believed that it was good to live in Massachusetts because it was a "progressive" state.

• Currently despise living in Massachusetts because it is a "progressive" state.

• Was so brainwashed, actually believed that 2nd Amendment applied to National Guard.

• Total voters
Ross, love your poll. However, some us who were born, raised, and indoctrinated inside the 128 loop have taken years to get our heads straight. It has been a long, painful journey, with many embarrassing memories.

For those who can identify, I provide an alternate "Poll for Former Moonbats".

I chose "used to be a Democrat" (preparing to duck) although I never actually registered for anything other than independent. I personally believe that the differences between Democrats and Republicans are getting less and less distinct primarily because the members of both parties have become so damn corrupt over the years. This is not meant to offend anyone on the board or to be construed as an attack on the ideals of one party or another, it's just my belief that only the tiniest portion of "representatives" actually aspire to live up to their party's true ideals.

Once I came to the conclusion that neither party was ever going to represent my views or the wishes of the people and, instead, only the views/wishes of those who give them the most cash/perks, I started investigating the beliefs of third parties. The closest to my views is Libertarianism, but I have political opinions that stray into the realm of both the traditional Democrats and Republicans.

I can't really classify myself as being in one party or another, so I've been registered independent every since I first enrolled. But since I did call myself a Democrat back in college, this seemed the most honest answer to the poll :)

Well... I actually needed a spot for "used to be a Democrat until I had a friend gunned down in "gun-free" NYC and got out from under Mommy's influence and started thinking for myself".

My mother is a stereotypical liberal... which is strange, since she's pretty intelligent! But she thinks that the Democrats are God's Gift to the USA and hates Republicans... and will vote Democratic even if she despises the Democratic candidate in any given election! Good grief, if I like a Democrat, I'll vote for him! If I like a Republican, then the Republican gets my vote. And if they're both corrupt, I'll look for whoever else I can find that I like.

As for my sister... she makes my mother look conservative. When she found out that that I owned guns, I got a 30 minute lecture on how owning guns was "opening myself up to the path of violence".

Hmm... I own guns, a sword, a couple dozen knives, studied ju juitsu, shot archery, fought in the SCA for 15 years or so... and in all that time, I've never even hit anyone in anger, much less shot someone. So much for the Liberal Mantra that guns cause crime.

I'll get off my soapbox now... [oops]

Ross

I used to be a Democrat. Then I got out of puberty, into the real world, and learned to think for myself.

I read this on another shooting site: "I tried to become a liberal, really I did... I just could'nt get my head up my ass far enough" With that said I have never had a liberal bone in my body when I was young I recognized Ronald Reagan for what he was. The world is ready for another person like him.

I know this may sound very hard to believe, but I used to be a liberal in my misguided youth. I even belonged to and demonstrated with the "Clamshell Alliance". I think I had my epiphany when I saw how much money was taken out of my pay check when I started earning a decent living. Thank all that's holy I finally removed my head from where the sun don't shine.

I think that one of Winston Churchill's greatest lines was to the effect that anyone who isn't a liberal before the age of 20 has no heart, and anyone who isn't a conservative by the age of 40 has no brain. (The other two are that there is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without effect; and his reply to the woman who scolded him for being drunk - "Yes. But you, madam,
are ugly, and I shall be sober in the morning.")

Ken

Did the still, but pissed that they are all aliens answer. Mainly because it was so damn funny.

And...because I'm still registered as a Democrat. <ducking>

I almost always now vote for Republicans, but there are still some Democrats that I put a check in their box. I grew up in a very Republican home, and I still went Democrat when I was younger. But then, I was all into saving the planet and cleaning up all the oil spills from the Exxon Valdez. Even then, those people would look at you funny when you said that you owned guns. Or that you supported Bush and the troops during the Gulf War. People thought that I was confused, because I had my own set of views and didn't follow the majority. I thought that I could support the people fighting, and still believe in keeping the earth clean. I never saw it as black and white. I don't think things have changed much. Maybe I'm wrong.

I've seen way too many people that were blinded by being Democrats. This last election a lot of people couldn't see that he was a big flip flopper. Couldn't make up his mind and would changes it whenever he saw that the other guy's beliefs were getting more play. All of a sudden he was saying that from the start. These people would have voted for an old potato if it was albe to run against Bush. These people really pissed me off. And I think it was those people with that attitude that helped Kerry lose, so I can only thank them for that. I'll stop now...sorry.

Anyway, I'm an Environmental Engineer by schooling, so I still believe in recycling, and keeping our planet clean. I just think that the majority of the people in power (or want to be in power) are now Delusional Non Committal Wackos. So I find myself more and more falling onto the Republican side of the fence. Maybe I should change my registration declaration. But I think it's more who you vote for, not what you're registered as...

he first presidential election I was old enough to vote in was 1980, and Regan was the man, I have voted republican ever since.
I went to Boston schools( graduated in 1980), so I had already seen first hand the disasterous social policys of the democratic party.
The only democrat I ever voted for was city counciler Dapper Oneil. He made a call that got me my first LTC. Getting a ltc in Boston then was just as difficult then as it is now, so A phone call from city hall was needed.

My freshman and sophomore years of college probably represented the nadir (Nader?) of my immersion in left-wing politics. Conspiracies by conservatives? The inherent evil of our own government? The righteousness of the UN? I bought into it all.

But I had already started a long, gradual movement rightward by my senior year, probably due to two factors: I had seen enough idiocy and hypocrisy on the left that I started to question everything, and I covered the police beat for the college newspaper (nobody else wanted it!) and discovered that the cops made a hell of a lot more sense when they talked than the so-called "campus leaders".

Like an ex-smoker, I'm probably more passionate about my views now than some life-long convervatives, because I feel like I know the left up-close and personal, and truly LOATHE their philosophies and tactics.

Back
Top Bottom