SigSauer P250

debating purchasing a SIG P250 .45 full size. any one have any specific experience with these? online reviews ive found seemed to go from one end of the spectrum to the other.

debating purchasing a SIG P250 .45 full size. any one have any specific experience with these? online reviews ive found seemed to go from one end of the spectrum to the other.

My experience is just as you said, one extreme to the other. I love my P250 in .45 so much that I bought the 9mm conversion so I could afford to shoot it more. 3 others tried it. The first said thanks but it isn't that special so he went back to his glock 30, the next said where did you get this I need one and I was there when he picked his up at M&M Plymouth Bay Outfitters and the last tried it and said I hate double action take this away, he had an M&P 45.

I always thought that since I shoot revolvers in double action the long trigger isn't a problem for me especially since I don't think it is as heavy as my 642. As always, YMMV. It seems to be a gun you should try for yourself.

A friend of mines Police Department adopted these guns ,in speaking with him last week his exact words were: The guns a total piece of shit and we are looking at M&P 45's and Glock 21's. My friend stated thst they have had to send sevaral 250's back and that its not the officers, because as soon as another weapons put in thier hands the issues dissapear. My friend never wanted to adopt the 250's,but was overuled when he vioced his objections.

Last edited:
Kid Presentable;2525770 the p250 was also mentioned several times in the "Most unreliable gun you've shot" thread[/QUOTE said:
I guess I get the folks who have problems with the double action trigger, but unreliable? I have the P250 in .45 and 9mm and have shot blazer aluminum case, tulammo steel case, and whatever remington, federal or winchester is cheapest at Wallyworld this week. They all go bang when I press the switch and if there is one left in the mag it loads itself just as if it was planned that way. Never a problem. I suppose I might have just gotten a lucky one but I have no complaints

I guess I get the folks who have problems with the double action trigger, but unreliable? I have the P250 in .45 and 9mm and have shot blazer aluminum case, tulammo steel case, and whatever remington, federal or winchester is cheapest at Wallyworld this week. They all go bang when I press the switch and if there is one left in the mag it loads itself just as if it was planned that way. Never a problem. I suppose I might have just gotten a lucky one but I have no complaints

You aren't alone. They are fine.

Thread revival.

I've been looking for a compact .45 and found one today in a Sig 250c. NICS was down so I left empty handed and able to second guess the purchase. Some of the threads I've found on NES are about 50/50 love/hate. The YousTubes seems to like it but a lot of reviewers tend to like everything. Yes, I know the p320 is out there, but I haven't seen one and barring another hiccup with NICS I can have my hands on a p250 tomorrow.

Aaaaanyway, for you lovers and haters of the p250, do you still love or hate it? Anything I should look out for? Should I just keep looking?

I owned a 250c in .40 for about 6 months. I really tried to love it, and I did, but not enough to keep it. I put a thousand rounds through it, trying to get close to par with what I can do with other pistols. The trigger is very smooth, but long, and I wasn't able to get quick follow up shots. For a DAO pistol, the trigger couldn't be better. Just not for me though.
Nothing really to look out for IMO. It seemed to be pretty bullet proof in design.
Hopefully this helps.

Relatively new shooter here. Familiar with striker guns. No experience with DA/SA semis.
Bought a .45 250C a few months back.
Put 500-1000 rounds of mixed brand fmj through it. Cheapest walmart special mostly. Not a single problem.
Only fired one box of jhp through it so far (WWB 230 grain jhp), had 5 problems (double feed, failure to eject) in one box of 50. Havent pinpointed the answer yet. Could be ammo (seemed hot), could be mag (all occurred with same mag), could be gun. Picked up a few boxes of HST to try soon.

Overall I like the gun. Paid $400 new for it, with night sights, 2 mags, holster etc.
Trigger really tests the fundamentals. It is smooth, but long, reset is alllll the way out. Took a few sessions before I could shoot it as accurately as a striker gun. Like the previous listener mentioned, the DAO trigger isnt built for speed.
I like the build quality. It seems at least as well put together as an M&P or Glock.
I like the simplicity of the gun. DAO, basic straightforward controls (other than the giant takedown lever), just pull and shoot. Would consider getting a .40 subcompact conversion, but they are damn expensive for some stupid reason (350-400 for slide, NS, 1 mag, frame).
Kindof chunky to IWB, feels thicker than a G19. But I dress like a yuppy so YMMV. I think of it as house/woods/range gun.

Last edited:
I personally think the modular design is a really under rated system. I am a P320 owner and really really like the entire gun as a whole and I think sig did an excellent job with not only the simplicity of each independent mechanism but how it was executed using MIM parts. I personally have not shot a P250 but have handled them at LGS and I did not nor have I ever cared for DAO triggers.

As others have said its not a bad gun. I have shot both the 250 and 250c. Again decent guns and not bad for the money. In all honesty though I actually prefer the ruger sr9/40c models and the full sized SR45 when looking at somewhat similar priced guns and somewhat similar sized frames.

I also have/had a bunch of glocks. Currently have a g43 and a g40 mos. Have had a g17, g19, g21, g26, g27, etc. All good guns as well. I find that as long as its reliable and has proven to be reliable over time it really comes down to trigger feel and how it fits in your hand. The 250 and 250c were not guns that I was dying to shoot again.

Well I picked it up this morning, cleaned it up and then took the motorcycle out for a warm November ride with a quick stop at the range. I ran a little over 100 rounds through it and it shoots very nicely. I had a few light strikes on my hard primer reloads that I had labeled "1911 ONLY". I thought maybe being hammer fired it would be okay but those primers are resilient. Overall I'm satisfied with it and now I need to pick up some more mags and a holster to round out the purchase.

Doesn't the MA model have a very heavy trigger vs the 6lbs free state pull?

yes.

i owned a free state P250 chambered in 45acp. it actually had a very nice DA trigger. smooth and not too heavy. i compared it to a "MA-model" P250 in 9mm with what felt like trigger for a gorilla's hand. no thank you. awful. i ultimately sold the free state P250 but for a DAO it was a pretty solid choice.

Doesn't the MA model have a very heavy trigger vs the 6lbs free state pull?

I'd heard that, too. This one must be from out of state because the trigger is very nice. Yeah, it's a long DA trigger but it's light and smooth like I hate my coffee.

There seems to be a lot of hate for this model but so far I'm liking it. To each his own, I guess.

ETA: To be honest if there was a 320 sitting next to it, I would have snatched that up in a heartbeat. Every shop I visited said they haven't seen one yet and have no idea when they might.

Last edited:
I picked up the P320 a few times and thought the trigger was a little too light, for MY carry piece. Seemed like a nice range trigger. And no, I'm not saying the P250 has the be all end all trigger or any such thing. Just pretty good for a DA.
If you ever pick up the P320, you can always share mags, holsters, frames with the P250.
Congrats btw

Back
Top Bottom