Sig's 239. To get or not to get.

Chris said:
I've had my 239 for years and love it. I too hated the factory grips, but the Hogue grips really do this gun justice.

Yea, the first thing I am gonna change on it are the grips.

ANOTHER POSSIBLE OPTION...

Not sure if this has been OK'd yet by the MASS Grand Poobah (AG), but the new Sig P229 SAS looks pretty neat:

http://www.sigarms.com/products/classiccompactsize-models.asp?product_id=250

Assuming it's not "safe" yet for us Massachusetts owners, I would definitely recommend the 239. I've had mine for a couple of years now, and it has been absolutely reliable and incredibly accurate. I switch off between several guns for concealed carry, depending on the weather, how I'm dressed, etc. The 239 is always in the line-up.

I also like carrying the Walther P99 (9 mm) and S&W 642 (38 spl +p), but there's something about having a .40 caliber in a nice, small package.

Good Luck!

Yea, I saw that new SAS 239. I asked Four Seasons in Woburn the other day about it and they were not aware of it being available in MA so I doubt it will since it has to be approved first..

Ohh well.

There aren't many edges on a regular 229, nothing that will catch anyway, and you could get a hammer from the new action DAK style sig that doesn't stick out past the slide.......that would be sweet, and thats what's on that SAS. I love them wood grips though. BTW Derek I shot a Sig GSR .45.....a little finicky but it was making hitting the steels easy!

OOOOO Who had one of those?

photos_gsr-1911.jpg

GSR is not sold in MA. There were extensive discussions of them on the sig forums. It sounded as though there have been some teething pains. Dunno if they've got everything squared away by now.

I also have the 239 in 9mm with Hogue grips and am very attached to it. It was my very first gun purchase way back when and although I want to buy one in .40 so I have the option to swap barrels, I will never get rid of Ziggy.

Being my size, it's a bit on the heavy side for me to carry for my backup weapon, but compact enough for me to use for off duty. I've never had any quality issues with it, and would highly recommend it!

I've shot the P239 in .40 before, and prefer the S&W 4013. It's pretty much the same sice, the grip feels more natural (to me anyway) and the trigger is smoother and lighter.

But, everything I said is only my personal opinion. The P239 is an excellet pistol.

Back
Top Bottom