Sig's 239. To get or not to get.

Brent

NES Member
I currently own a Sig P226 40 cal which I also use to conceal. I find it a bit to big to carry and am looking at something smaller.

I had looked at the 229's and the 239's both 40 cal and am leaning to the 239 since it is more compact. Has anyone had any experience with the 239's? Pro's con's?

Any insight would be great!

I don't have any first hand experience with the 239 however it was also one of my recent choices when I was looking for a more concielable firearm.

I opted for the Glock 23 because it felt better in my hand and was a bit cheaper overall.

The Sig's grip just didn't feel right for the size of hand gun that it is.

If you want to stick with Sig this is your obvious choice as the smaller frame, however if you want to look elsewhere you could also look at the Glock 23, XD 40, or the CZ 75

TonyD said:
Just hang on to the 226. When you grow up you'll be able to carry it just fine. [wink]

owned.gif

TonyD said:
Just hang on to the 226. When you grow up you'll be able to carry it just fine. [wink]

Sigh... no trolling

BTW I kaaaahhhh Icked your ass in Nascar. Was it umm, me finishing 1st and you still on lap 7 on a 25 lap course?

TonyD said:

Heh, I have no issues with it and can conceal it fine with darker clothes, but lighter clothes you can really make out the impression and such. Which is why I am looking for something more slimmer and smaller but the same caliber range.

derek said:
Is the XD 40 legal in MA? It's a cool sidearm so I'm guessing no.

IDK I apologize for that, I didn't even think about it.

I'm from New Hampshire, the only lists we have up here are the personal ones of the guns we want, now, or later.... :D

but anyway, it should be shouldn't it it has the loaded chamber indicator, IDK what else that great state of mass requires..... [shock]

Derek

Yeah the XD-40 in not legal. By the way does anyone know when Tom Reilly is up for office again. I am saving one doller everyday to contribute to the person he is running against. I can't seem to find out when he is up election again.

Brent said:
TonyD said:

Heh, I have no issues with it and can conceal it fine with darker clothes, but lighter clothes you can really make out the impression and such. Which is why I am looking for something more slimmer and smaller but the same caliber range.

Try a different holster, carry location or clothing and see if that doesn't help first.

Tony said:
Brent said:

plus it's fun to buy guns right [lol]

Re: Derek

Ham Slam said:
Yeah the XD-40 in not legal. By the way does anyone know when Tom Reilly is up for office again. I am saving one doller everyday to contribute to the person he is running against. I can't seem to find out when he is up election again.

Bad news, he's up for election as Gov and he stands a damn good chance of winning that seat. Since we are a single-party state, the Reps almost never have a viable candidate. Strong rumor that Romney (RINO) will be running for President, so Reilly becomes a shoe-in for Governor!

And we thought it might be getting better? [evil]

The 239 is fine. I've got one in .40 and another in 9mm. Like all Sigs, the double action trigger is a bit long and heavy. Single action trigger is ok. It's got the typical Sig wonky control layout (slide stop is rear-most lever).

The gun does feel a bit top-heavy and the high bore axis does give it a bit more aggressive muzzle rise. Like most Sigs, it is quite accurate.

If you like Sigs, you'll like the 239. If you don't like crunchentickers...

Get a Glock 19 or a HK compact. Oh, that's right, none of you people up there are trust worthy enough to own those. Your AG says so. [roll]

TonyD said:
Get a Glock 19 or a HK compact. Oh, that's right, none of you people up there are trust worthy enough to own those. Your AG says so. [roll]

I like the Glock 19, bought one for the wife. She didn't like it a whole lot, so, I let her think it's still hers.

Good thing VT has "reasonable gun laws".

Hmmm, sounds like an idea.

A steel shoot when we all get together later.

I just love a challenge, even if I'll get my butt handed to me. I'll have fun, though, and maybe even improve my pistol shooting. That won't take much, even if I do manage to qualify with the M9 (I just hate Beretta's).

crazyneddie said:
239 ????? answer is YES
or a 245
I want to shoot them though!
When you guys coming back down to RI to womp me in a steel shoot again?

After Camp Perry. [wink] I'm going to build me a nice match .45 to shoot knots at 50 meters. :D

Back
Top Bottom