• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Signs and Symptoms of Non-Serious Sellers

Boghog1

NES Member
I hate to say it, but I've had a number of non-serious sellers making a few ads I've seen posted here in the classified section and on GB over the past few months. I understand getting as much as you can for an item....but sometimes there are prices that make no sense or are just plain stupid. Here are a few warning signs I've learned over the past few months for folks that take up a ton of time and never really sell anything:

1. Price for used work out pos is more than it would cost through a dealer for new

2. Numerous bumps spanning decades

3. tries to sell accessories that were included when new as extras

I hate to say it, but I've had a number of non-serious sellers making a few ads I've seen posted here in the classified section and on GB over the past few months. I understand getting as much as you can for an item....but sometimes there are prices that make no sense or are just plain stupid. Here are a few warning signs I've learned over the past few months for folks that take up a ton of time and never really sell anything:

1. Price for used work out pos is more than it would cost through a dealer for new

I've been planning on making a guide for the classifieds with do's, don'ts and best practices. I've had to deal with some inconsiderate behavior lately and I'm about to start handing out neutral to bad feedback to people.

I've probably lost about $400 in the past 2 months due to people being wishy washy and losing other buyers in the meantime.

I currently have TWO sales tied up by people who decided to stop logging in to check PMs. Blah.

Tangential, but I love the "last week before it goes into the safe again if it doesn't sell!" listings, which are then edited to remove that line and get bumped five more times.

People in general love to overvalue accessories or other things, or assume they automatically add value when many of them are completely irrelevant to me. I had a seller add a Chinese flatback AK mag to the deal--that adds value. Your custom chamber flag and/or "still in the wrapper gunlock" are going to get yeeted into the basement and collect dust and provide nothing.

Hm sounds like a dealer listing

Back
Top Bottom