Significant Other LTC Training - April 7th, 10am to 4 pm.

Email sent

As of now there are NO plans . . . for breakfast, lunch, dinner or in-between.I think "go with the flow" fits best.

I think Len has the right idea lets show up and decide from there, though I am open to just about whatever we decide.

I plan on sending an email to the ladies, however, I thought I'd post this here too so you guys will know what the plan is.

First, because of the low cost for the course, I'm going to ask for some help. Donations of coffee, donuts and or danish would be gratefully appreciated for the morning. If anyone's going to bring a "Box o' Joe - please have some decaf too? [laugh] [wink]

You gentlemen will be allowed in the "classroom" until we start the course, then you'll be (gentley) booted out. [wink]

For lunch: There was talk about a pizza run. For those of you who'd like to get pizza, that's fine. We can work out a time frame to do the pizza run. For those who don't want pizza, then I suggest you bring a bagged lunch, and make sure you've got bottled water or soda. (C-ph or Len - is there a fridge to keep things cold in at the club??)

We're going to start at 10AM, so do please try to be there before that? that will allow everyone to get a coffee or something before we start. I'm planning on meeting C-pher just before 9:30 so we can get things set up.

I think that's about it for now. I'm really looking forward to meeting you guys and your SO's. It's going to be a fun day! [smile]

Lynne,

- I have no idea if C-pher can get access to the kitchen area (fridge and coffee pots). He may have to talk with someone (officer or BOD) about that.

- Since the BOD has "chained" C-pher to the picnic table with a short leash [wink] , he'll be your "go to" person for any club needs. I've never stepped foot into the kitchen, never used the water cooler (there is one in the clubroom) or the soda machine (also in the clubroom). [Since there is no indoor range, most of us just drive up, sign in the book on the outdoor range, shoot, sign out and leave. That's what Deena and I did this past Saturday . . . never stepped foot in the building.]

- Some/many of us guys will probably be buzzing off to someplace else while you are teaching, since we can't use the range and hanging out for 6 hours at the picnic tables is boring. I've prepared maps to 3 gun shops (1 being AFS which has a range) for those guys inclined to do some "exploring" of the area.

Thanks for the info Len. I figured asking for "take out" coffee would be better than having to clean pots after we're done. [wink]

There'll probably be a couple folks at the range who can do a pizza run. I think Stoneypete said he was planning on staying with C-pher??? Well, we can work that one out.

Yep, I'll work on getting us access to the Kitchen. There's a fridge in there.

There is a water cooler. It's the 5Gal bottle type. It's cold.

Pete and I will be hanging around the club. The place that we'll order Pizza from also has other food. SO if they want a sandwich or something...we can do that too. I'll try to run over there and get a take out menu or something to have on-site for people to order from as well.

Lynne, we (including myself) would be more than happy to clean the coffee pots when you're all done. Not a problem.

C-pher, don't forget to bring a few trash bags. I'll be bringing one with me. [MF&G is a "pack in, pack out" club. They do not have rubbish pickup there.]

Lynne, we (including myself) would be more than happy to clean the coffee pots when you're all done. Not a problem.

C-pher, don't forget to bring a few trash bags. I'll be bringing one with me. [MF&G is a "pack in, pack out" club. They do not have rubbish pickup there.]

I just love a man who offers to do the dishes. [laugh]

Lynne - how many people are you going to have there, all together (students, instructors, gophers, etc). 20?

Hi,

Lynne, I just saw your post looking for email addresses; sorry but we've been on vacation. I'll send it to your posted address.

What's the rally point?

-= chuck

As far as students and instructors - 19, I believe. There was still one opening. I know C's staying, but I'm not sure who else is planning on staying.

Me and Stoney. I'm pretty sure that that's it.

Len:

Do you think that you can print up some pages that say that the range is going to be closed and put them around the 50yard?

I'm working Friday Night so I can't get up there to do that.

C-pher,

Signs printed!

I doubt that I'll be there before Saturday morning to put them up however.
Thanks Len. I was thinking of doing this as it would save me from having to say it everytime a car came in. Now I don't have too.

C-pher,

Signs printed!

I doubt that I'll be there before Saturday morning to put them up however.

Thanks Len, I was only thinking of you because you said that you would help with any setup on Friday night. But I understand how busy one can be. Thanks for printing them out...

Now, we hope that people aren't shooting at 9 am. LOL!

Thanks Len, I was only thinking of you because you said that you would help with any setup on Friday night. But I understand how busy one can be. Thanks for printing them out...

Now, we hope that people aren't shooting at 9 am. LOL!

Well, I may have a conflict and that would be either Friday night or Saturday morning, so . . .

I have to serve legal notices in hand to two people (Father and Daughter . . . either that or G_d bless the old man [laugh] ) in Millis. No-one home when I tried the other night at 8PM (and RFD mailbox was full), so I'm hoping to catch both of them tonight. If not it'll either have to be Friday night or Saturday AM which can mess up my other plans (time-wise).

So if someone's on the range when we get there, I'll either staple a sign on their forehead or ass, whichever is more accessible! [wink] [laugh] [rofl] [laugh2]

Hey guys? I've got a question that might need to let others know....

With the rain and snow over the past couple days - is there any chance of it being muddy around/on/near the range and club? If yes, the ladies might want to be told not to wear the good sneakers. (the main instructor included [smile] )

Don't wear good sneakers!! [laugh]

Now we got that covered!

The parking lot is dirt, if it is wet it can be muddy.

The range is dirt IIRC (I really don't look) and I'd expect the same.

The shooting positions are covered however.

BTW: I got the guy served I needed to tonight, and his Daughter is in college up in Nova Scotia, so I'm clear Friday night if needed to help setup?

I'm also clear on Saturday to do what I had planned.

C-pher, let me know if I'm needed over there Friday night?

Only if you want to set up the flyers tonight Len. I'm working, so I'm leaving here to go to work again.. So I'm full all day. Same for tomorrow. Class, then work.

Anyway, the shooting positions are on a slab. So no worries there. The lot and range are more of a rock/clay. SO yes, you're going to get dusty/dirty. But it's not MUD like if you ripped up the back yard. You're not going to sink in it even if it was 2 inches of rain. It's pretty sturdy and almost driveway like. So don't worry about sinking in because of the rain. It's hard packed gound.

That being said. I wouldn't show up in good clothes.

Many thanks to Lynne and her great crew for doing this today. It looked like every one of the ladies had a great time.

I got to meet some NES'ers that I haven't met before. It was a little cool but that didn't dampen anyone's spirits.

LenS, Jonj, and some others went gun shop hopping. I didn't go cuz I can't trust my self not to buy something I don't need, and I also need to save my $$ for the Mrs new handgun!

thanks again to all.

+1000

Peg had a great time, and thoroughly enjoyed the discussion amongst the ladies. This was a great idea.

Thanks to Lynn and company for their intstruction.

It was great to see some of the gang and meet new faces. And yes, Len, Jon and I went hopping, but only Jon got some stuff, but Len had an eye on some major items... You'll have to check with him if he gets any of them.

As for me? Champaign test and soda water budget... [sad] Saving up for my M1 Carbine.

Looking forward to the next event!

Kudos to Mansfield F&G for giving the women this opportunity.

- Extra special thanks to Greg Cauldwell (President & owner of The Powder Keg) and Ted Oven (Secretary and owner of Northeast Trading Co) for donating the ammo for the ladies and their exceptional support of this event.

- Thanks to the Officers & BOD of Mansfield F&G for voting to allow this to happen!

Kudos to Lynne and her team of trainers: Ed, Denise, Jane and Jamie for doing a great job training the ladies and giving them an educational and fun day.

It was good meeting Pilgrim, JoeR, Livinginwatertown and others (who's usernames I don't recall) that I hadn't met before. And it is always good seeing JonJ, Barb, Jaxon, Peg, C-pher, Nicolle, etc. again.

Good job, well done!

Thank you Lynne, Ed, et al.!

Thank you Lynne, Ed, Denise, Jane, Jamie! Today's Basic Safety Training program was informative, educational and enjoyable.

Lynne, thank you for all the time you took to plan this session and sharing your safety knowledge with all attendees. Your presentation was great and handouts are very helpful for reinforcing what you told us. They will be very helpful references also. [grin]

The afternoon session was a good hands-on (no pun intended) introductory and practice for us. I applaud all of you for your encouragement and patience in helping us. I hope you will consider holding follow-up sessions if practical and possible.

It was a pleasure to see/meet everyone there and I also extend my thanks to the Mansfield Fish and Game Club for hosting this. Thank you again!

I have to tell all of you, I had a GREAT time today! The ladies all did well (gentlemen, I'm warning you all now, be prepared to be out shot [smile] ).

Thanks expecially to Jamie, Jane Conway and Denise Dupont (and my hubby Ed) for their assistance on the firing line. And Jamie too for bringing training aids for me to use. Thanks to all who brought goodies for us to munch on and Tana for the decaf.

A special thanks to Greg and Ted for the donation of the ammo. That was a HUGE help. And thanks also to MF&G for closing down the range for us to use. And to C-pher and StoneyPete for their being at the range in case we needed any help. You guys rawk too. [wink] (and thanks for letting me shoot the Ithaca, Pete. [smile] )

I do hope all the ladies enjoyed themselves and got something out of the course. It would have been a little nicer if the weather had been about 20 degrees warmer, but at least it wasn't raining or snowing. [laugh]

Jamie - thanks for thinking of this - I really did have a good time today. [grin]

but Len had an eye on some major items... You'll have to check with him if he gets any of them.

When we got back Deena asked me what I bought, I told her "nothing but I did see this neat . . . " She asked how much and then said "that's fine" . . . so I placed a call and will pick it up on Monday! [devil]

Back
Top Bottom