• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Significant Other LTC Training - April 7th, 10am to 4 pm.

While ALL of the women did a tremendous job, there was one that did a bit better than the rest. I just went through all the targets and that lady was Kelly. Derek...be very proud. [smile]

Kelly.jpg

Or be worried....one of the two. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

I'll tell you my favorite part of this whole thing...

Was seeing the women coming off the line to the parking lot where we were at talking to the ones that were finished..

I think that everyone of them were giggling and smiling showing off thier targets. And I can't remember not seeing any where they didn't do good. I think that every one of them shot in the black.

I just got a kick out them giggling like school...well...girls. They were giddy like us guys when we get to shoot something new...and fun.

Yes, Kelly was the one in the camo pants. Lynne, she must have shot a couple of targets because she has one and the one in your pic does seem to have her handwriting on it. The one she kept is much more impressive than that one. Maybe I'll get a pic of it.

Wonder what she'll think when I show her this thread....

Snowjoker, what were the 9 and 22 she shot? She did great with the 22 but she had no idea what it was other than a 22 semiauto. She did admit that she could not pull the trigger back on the revolver in DA and had to shoot in SA.

-Derek

Yes, Kelly was the one in the camo pants. Lynne, she must have shot a couple of targets because she has one and the one in your pic does seem to have her handwriting on it. The one she kept is much more impressive than that one. Maybe I'll get a pic of it.

Wonder what she'll think when I show her this thread....

Snowjoker, what were the 9 and 22 she shot? She did great with the 22 but she had no idea what it was other than a 22 semiauto. She did admit that she could not pull the trigger back on the revolver in DA and had to shoot in SA.

-Derek

The targets are the same, we doubled them up so that they shot through two sheets and they got to keep one for themselves.

The .22 is a S&W 22A Bull Barrel, the 9mm was C-phers Berretta and the Revolver was a Ruger GP100.

Ah hah.
The one she has must of got beat up a bit more.

Thanks Jamie. BTW, Kelly spoke very highly of you and thought you were a great help.

-Derek

Just wanted to let you know Lynne... You have created a monster in my wife, AND I LIKE IT!

with the whole anti gun thing due to the VT shooting, she has started to sound like me.

"If just one person was armed"

"Of course, lets blame the gun instead of the lunatic that did the killins"

"I can't wait to get my revolver"

almost brings a tear to my eye [wink]

Just found this thread (the "other thread")
3rd Annual Women's Instructional Shoot

Anyhow, I am just wondering if there will be another one of these.

The "Women On Target" class through GOAL at ASC in September is all filled up. GOAL said there is something similar in Haverhill also in September, but that is a bit far away...

Thanks.

Just found this thread (the "other thread")
3rd Annual Women's Instructional Shoot

Anyhow, I am just wondering if there will be another one of these.

The "Women On Target" class through GOAL at ASC in September is all filled up. GOAL said there is something similar in Haverhill also in September, but that is a bit far away...

Thanks.

Give the GOAL office a call -- I'm sure Nancy Snow can tell you if there are any more WoT courses scheduled.

Give the GOAL office a call -- I'm sure Nancy Snow can tell you if there are any more WoT courses scheduled.

There is a Ladies Only Firearms Clinic in Haverhill on 9.22. It's not an "official" Women on Target, but it's the same thing.

I already did and she already did. I was basically passing on that info and seeking anything else which may not be GOAL related. Thanks.

If there is enough demand, I'm sure GOAL will find a way to fit another WoT into the schedule.

Nancy said there is already a LONG waiting list. She didn't even hint at another W.O.T. class. I'm sure she would have mentioned the possibility if it was a possibility. From the sounds of it, they could have filled a second class right in Auburn, with its easy location and all.

WOT and other Women-only classes happen numerous times/year at numerous places in MA. You need to be vigilant to spot some of them, as their publicity varies from almost none to plastered everywhere.

The SAS event that Nicole listed on NES ~5 years ago is what sparked my Wife's interest. They do it once/year at BR&P.

C-pher organized one at MF&G in April (this thread).

ANYONE can organize one on their home-turf. Just pick up the ball and run with it, don't wait for others to do it for you and then notify you that it's happening!!

Back
Top Bottom