• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Significant Other LTC Training - April 7th, 10am to 4 pm.

As of right now, Mansfield is hosting an LTC Mass Firearms Safety Class to Female Significant Other members of NES.

Lynne will be teaching the class, as many women would rather have a female instructor over one that is male. Jamie has offered his help as a side kick (at no cost), but Lynne will be pretty much teaching the class.

This class will be held April 7th, rain or shine.

We're limiting the seats to 15 people.

The class is filled with the following:

1. Kelly B. (dbhn)
2. Carolyn
3. Deena S. (LenS)
4. Heather P. (matt1956)
5. Chrissie D. (Stoney Pete)
6. Kristen T. (snowjoker)
7. Stephanie P. (Ripach)
8. Nicolle (C-pher)
9. Barb (JonJ)
10. Peg (Jaxon)
11. Meg (jped)
12. Tana W. (livinglawatertown)
13. Kathy (Pilgrim)
14. Brandi (esaintboy)
15. Julia (Chuck)

The class is now filled. The open spot has been taken. Updated 4/6/07

Lynne has requested that the costs be $30 for registered NES members, $20 for paid NES members. Plus $5.00 to be paid to the range for it's use. Total of $25 and $35 per person.

This will cover the cost of materials, ammunition, hearing protection, eye protection, firearm use, cleaning supplies, Instructor Insurance, Training Aids, and gas for her to drive her SUV a billion miles from Haverhill to Mansfield, and back home again. As well as the five dollar donation to Mansfield.

Lynne deserves a HUGE thanks for this as I'm sure that she's going to be losing money doing this class. [bow]

Anyway....

It's going to be a one day class. So please bring a lunch. We do have a soda machine, but I'm not sure how stocked it's kept. So it might be good to bring a few bottles of water and/or sodas if you like.

Us Men folk need to find something else to do once we leave the girls at the class for a few reasons. The club closed down the 50 yard range as well as the clubhouse during this class. So, to just keep from causing an issue with 30+ people on the line. We're just not going to be shooting while they are in the classroom or on the range. Mansfield members can make use of the 100 yard range.

Also, this was ment for the women. So to keep them from being any more nervous than they might be, we will not be around during any portion of the class. This way we armchair quarterbacks can leave it to the pros. [smile]

Lynne, if you can think of anything. Please add to this thread.

Per Lynne's request:

For those that want to attend Mansfield - please email me with your S/O's name, an email address and a phone number along with your NES Screen name. When we get a date cast in to stone, we'll post it here - I'm hoping for the beginning of April sometime, but we'll have to wait and see. My email address is [email protected].

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to you for doing the hard up front work...it ain't always easy. When I planned/hosted the Pumpkin shoot, the planning went well but it's still a lot of work.

Thanks to Lynn for doing the work of the day.

We are looking forward to a great day for the ladies and some male bonding for the spouses !

One question....
Will firearms be provided or should we bring some for the ladies to use?

Another question...
Perhaps the other thread should be locked ???

To all involved: This is MUCH appreciated.

Another question for Lynne . . .

Would Lynne appreciate our bringing some ammo for our SOs to use so that Lynne doesn't take a financial beating on this?

I'd cetainly be willing to get some ammo. Just let us know. Can also have my wife bring own firearm but that may be too tricky, and maybe easier not too if there is already enough planned to be on hand. As with most of the others, she is not licensed yet so we'd have to drop the guns with Lynne or Jamie at the start of the day.

Lynne or C-Pher just let us know what we can do to help.

Thank you for the offer of ammo. Yes, I would sincerely appreciate anyone donating ammo for the ladies to shoot. (Please make sure it's factory ammo and not your own reloads?!?!?!)

I will let you know if I need any firearms and how many. That will be firmed up closer to the date when I definately know how many hands I'll have on the firing line. I'd rather keep it to 5 "teachers" ( 1 with 1 student at a time ), which means no more than 5 lanes shooting. That way, if there's anyone nervous, they can watch one or two go before them to see how much fun it is. [smile]

And, lastly, thank you to those of you who've thanked me for doing it, however, I think it's more important that you thank your lady for deciding to do it. She, (especially if she's hesitant) deserves more of a thank you than I do. [wink] Besides, snowjoker was the one who started it. [laugh]

OK, I'm going to pick up a brick or two from work of factory .22.

Lynne, please let us know what calibers that you plan on having on hand so we would know what to donate.

Thanks C. I plan on doing .22's, .38's and 9mm. I'd rather have the ladies enjoy what they're shooting and then you hubbys/BF's/etc. can let them shoot the .40s and larger later. [laugh]

I don't mind bringing Ammo for the wife just let me know caliber, how much, and any brand pref/dislike in advance. I dont own a single pistol that small so any extra ammo I bring someone else can leave with.

Once again thanks to snowjoker, lynne, and C-pher you guys/girl are awesome.[grin]

Okay folks - we reached our 15 limit. The 15 is the number the club put on how many we could have. For those of you not on the list that emailed me, sorry guys. Maybe we can do another one at some point, but for now registration's closed. What I can do is put you on a back up list - if anyone already signed up can't come, or changes their mind - PLEASE let me know ASAP so I can let one waiting for a spot know that they're in??

Also, I noticed there was a small "oops" in the price which I corrected. It's $20 for Paid NES Members and $30 for registered NES members - PLUS $5 for the range for letting us shoot.

C-pher is meeting with the board on Wed. the 28th - hopefully after that meeting we'll have a date set in stone so you can make your plans.

We should have a date set in stone by Wednesday night for you guys. C-pher...after you get the go ahead from the board, could you list it here? Thank you, dear one. [smile]

Yep, I planned on posting what I find out tonight when I get home.

Along with any details and restrictions that are placed on us during the class. (eg. guest shooting, non-students hanging around, members mandatory hanging around, etc...)

OK, the board approved the class for April 7th.

They also overruled me on having half of the 50 yard range closed during the class. They voted and made the decision to have the WHOLE 50 yard range as well as the clubhouse closed on that Saturday. They said that they didn't want any of the women to feel worried about having others shooting next to them.

So Lynne, the range is yours. The 100 yard range will still be open during the class.

Stoney Pete and I will be on-site during the whole class. So, we're not going to be able to go out on the outings with the other husbands. We won't be around during any of the class time or shooting, but we will be on-site.

Also, we should extend a HUGE thank you to Greg Cauldwell of The Powder Keg in Mansfield and Ted Oven of Northeast Trading in North Attleboro. Both have offered to donate ammunition to the class.

Also, I was asked to extend the offer of Mansfield Fish and Game to Lynne to teach this class again if ever needed. And, they also asked if you would be willing to teach this class to the Member's wives if there was an interest.

So, if you ever want to put this class on again, Mansfield would love to have you teach this class here at a later date.

Lynne, thanks again for offering to put this class on for all these wonderful women.

As we all know, the Mom's are the ones that are going to approve what sports their children are going to get into. The more women that we have shooting, the better the chances that the next generation of shooters will come along.

Great job C-pher, as I told you when we spoke a few hours ago.

As I stated before, the club is made up of great folks and are really supportive. [smile]

I'll make myself available if Lynne needs it, or disappear if that is her desire.

10-4 sounds like a short class however, I thought most were 8-10 hours.

10-4 sounds like a short class however, I thought most were 8-10 hours.

I'm just going on what Lynne said during the class. I'm sure that if she wants people there at 9am, then that would be fine. That makes it 8 hours...

ETA: Do we want to meet a little early for breakfast? Then I can just guide people that don't know how to get to the club, to the club? Just a thought.

Last edited:
That's awesome news C-pher. If you see any of the board members before the class, please pass on my thanks for their generosity and open arms. I would also be willing to teach the wives of members of the club - and we can talk about that later.

Also, thank you to Greg and Ted for the ammo donation! For those that offered ammo, please still bring it. Just in case the ladies are having a ball and want to shoot more than what I'm going to require, we want to make sure that there's enough ammo for them.

As far as the "short" hours go - Len, I'm planning on doing the Home Firearm Safety Course (which only requires about 4 hours) with some Basic Pistol course info thrown in for good measure, and a half hour for lunch. [smile]

Yes, awesome news! Lynne, as I said, I will bring my .22 and .38/.357 but I will leave the .40 at home. I have 3 sets of hearing protection and glasses as well.

Yes, awesome news! Lynne, as I said, I will bring my .22 and .38/.357 but I will leave the .40 at home. I have 3 sets of hearing protection and glasses as well.

Thanks hun - and thanks for reminding me... For those of you who've signed your ladies up - could you please let them borrow your eyes and ears? I have some but not enough to do the whole class. Since I teach out of my home, that means I limit the number to 4 students max (space constraints, ya know) so I don't have a ton of them. Between snow and me, we'll have extras in case anyone forgets them, but it would be a big help. [smile]

C-pher you are the man! You and I will bring pistols for when the ladies are in class and we'll bring Rifles to shoot at 100 yards when the ladies are shooting.

Wow! 8 hours at the range. :)

C-pher you are the man! You and I will bring pistols for when the ladies are in class and we'll bring Rifles to shoot at 100 yards when the ladies are shooting.

Wow! 8 hours at the range. :)

Whoa there big fella. We closed the 50 yard range down for the ladies for the day. We can't be an exception. We have to police the 50 so if we have people show up, we can let them know that it's closed.

Wouldn't be nice to tell someone that the range is closed and then have us shooting.

Range is closed for the day until 4 pm. That means us also. Sorry bud, I wanted to shoot as well.

WE might want to bring out a game of Monolopy or something to play on the pick-a-nick tables.
But we can shoot at the 100 when they come out...

Thanks hun - and thanks for reminding me... For those of you who've signed your ladies up - could you please let them borrow your eyes and ears? I have some but not enough to do the whole class. Since I teach out of my home, that means I limit the number to 4 students max (space constraints, ya know) so I don't have a ton of them. Between snow and me, we'll have extras in case anyone forgets them, but it would be a big help. [smile]

My eyes are script...

But I have a few pairs of Hearing Protection for the Wife...

I think that we need ears and not those foam plugs as well. Some people just don't know how to put those in correctly. ANd I would hate to see them flinching because of the noise...

But that's me...

I'll bring my electronics for the wife, and my extra muffs for the class.

I'll have to pick up some eyes for the wife to bring to the class. Hell, she should have her own now anyway after this class. [smile]

First, a BIG thanks to Lynne, C-pher, snowjoker, Mansfield Fish and Game, Greg and Ted and everyone else involved for making this thing happen. I'm almost as excited as Tana is. Of course, this summer when I can’t find my girl, guns or ammo because they’re all at the range without me, I may feel differently. She’s already talking about “taking all the girls to the range” this summer. Makeovers and 9mms - Lord, I think we’re creating a monster.

With that said, has it been officially decided what the lesser sex will be doing while the ladies are shooting? I’d be all for anything that involves burping, cigar smoking or scratching my nether regions (all things I’m not allowed to do around Tana). Is there another range in that area? Maybe we could do a large caliber show-and-tell if the girls have all our small stuff.

Speaking of which, I’d be happy to send any extra guns or ammo needed along with Tana. Lynne, just let us know how you want to work out the details. Hopefully she’ll have her own eye and ears by then.

I also like the idea of meeting for breakfast beforehand; it may help smooth out some of the jitters, and I’d love to get a chance to meet everyone.

Otherwise, please keep us posted. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom