• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sights

DavidC77

NES Life Member
NES Member
Howdy All

I have a Colt Trooper MK III 6" blued with the adjustable rear sight and blade front. Now from a rest it shoots the 10's out all day long. Standing (bullseye style) it's hard to see the sights. It hits OK but it's high right, I'm left handed. Yes I could adjust it but than the rest shooting would be off.

I wanted to maybe change out the front and rear sight with maybe the fiber optic style. To make it easyer on my almost 50 year old way too well used eyes (welding / cutting will do that to ya).

Doe's anyone no of a good set for a Colt trooper ???

Fiber optics are indeed nice. IF you can't find any, try the TruGlo paint set. It is a marked improvement over nail polish.

Works well on sights, too........

Your best bet will be to get a gunsmith to cut your existing sight and install the fiber optic rod. I have not seen production fiber optic front sights for Colt.

Check the Brownell on line catalog.

Regards,

Ya I'm going to try Brownell's site and see what they have.

I have some "glow in the dark paint" that I use on my bow sight pins, I'm going to try and paint the rear u slot and put a little on the front ramp 1st and see how that works, worth a try, and it's free which is allways good [smile] .

Found some !!! One of the guys on the Colt Forum said he used sights from Millett that are just what I'm looking for, and he loves them, plus there made for the Trooper.

YIP EEEEEEEEEE (doesn't take much to make me happy [smile] ).

Thanks All

David

Found some !!! One of the guys on the Colt Forum said he used sights from Millett that are just what I'm looking for, and he loves them, plus there made for the Trooper.

YIP EEEEEEEEEE (doesn't take much to make me happy [smile] ).

Thanks All

David

Brownell sells Millet, but that does not solve the front sight problem. Good luck

try ssk they have 2 front sight that might be usable one is flourescent green and the other is HOT PINK(eewww)
IIRC the mill the front sight off cut a slot in the remainder of the sight and double pin the new sight in place. type in SSK and it should bring you to there sight

What a bummer, I looked up those sights at work here, I wanted to check something on the gun so I waited till I got home. I went to order them from Midway and the front sight was out of stock. Gezzz a sight for a 30 or so year old gun, who would have thought they would have sold out of them in a few hours, ARGGGGG.

I have to wait a week or so now till they restock, they wouldn't even take my order and hold the rear sight till the front one came in, they said they have to ship what they have in stock, that they can't hold it. I asked him about shipping and he said oh ya it will be two shipping costs. If Midway wasn't $35 cheaper than the other places I looked at I would order them somewhere else. ARGGGGGG.

The ones I found are Millett's. The rear is a nice adjustable white outline and the front is a painted (floresent orange) ramp.

I called Millett because I really didn't want to buy them from Mass hating Midway. The guy at Millett said to call one of his bigger supplyers, Lock Stock & Barrel http://lockstock.com, so I did. I told him about Midway and asked if he would meet Midways lower price and he said yes. Nice to see a good company and one that will ship to us.

It's your eyes

David,

I'm a little older than you, and I have a hard time with iron sights on a handgun for Bullseye shooting these days.

Do you wear glasses? Have you had your eyes checked. You might need prescription glasses to focus on both the sight and target.

Sure, a bigger front sight might help, but when you rest your gun you are probably closer to the sights than when you shoot offhand. It sounds like contacts or glasses could really help.

Na the eyes are OK, they are not the best after all the years of what I have done to them but there OK.

It's more that the sight on the gun has a small notch in the rear sight and both F&R are solid black. They just don't "POP OUT" at ya like my 1911 with the 3 dots.

I shoot the gun fine, I had real nice groups going with it, it's just that I want the sight to pop out at me, that's why I going with the rear white out line and orange front blade, that should tighten my group up real nice.

Back
Top Bottom