Sight installation tool?

I'd like to replace sights on my 1911s, a Glock 21, and possibly a Beretta 92fs. Does anyone know of a decent sight removal/installation tool(s) that's pretty easy to use? Thanks for any info.

Jr

MGW makes a nice tool but each tool is specific to one manufacturer. There is one out there in the area of a hundred plus but the manufacturer escapses me at the moment.

If this is a one shot deal, it might be worth the cost to let a smith do the swap.

MGW makes a nice tool but each tool is specific to one manufacturer. There is one out there in the area of a hundred plus but the manufacturer escapses me at the moment.

If this is a one shot deal, it might be worth the cost to let a smith do the swap.

If you are talking about the MGW "sight pusher" for rear sight removal and windage adjustments, one model will fit several guns. I bought one for the 1911 which will also fit the S&W 5906, 6906, 1006 and 4506. It will also work on the 9mm/40 Glocks. The tool is actually quite versatile. I belive they go for about $50. The same work can be done carefully with a brass punch.

Thanks everyone. I'm going to order the MGW 1911 pusher since I have a bunch of 1911s I'd like to work on. If it works for Glocks too, then even better :)

Thanks again
Jr

MGW's tools for the Glock and SIG rule! I have one for each and they work very well. The only thing with the SIG tool is that it won't do the SIG Pro pistols.

Joe R.

does the MGW pusher work for the big GLOCK slides (G20, G21, G29, G30)?

There are several models. the 1911 model I have works on the small frame Glocks, but I don't know about the 21. Brownells lists an MGW "Glock" pusher. This would seem to indicate that one tool can do both large and small frame slides. I would call Brownells tech support to find out what tool will work.

does the MGW pusher work for the big GLOCK slides (G20, G21, G29, G30)?

Yes it does. I got mine from Custom Glock Racing. I did order the model for the tall sights like the Heinie and Dawson and it works great. I've never used it on my 17 but it did work on my buddys 22. Great tool!

Joe R.

Back
Top Bottom