Sig365 or Springfield hellcat?

slap shot

NES Member
Haven’t seen this thread I don’t think.
11 rounds versus 10. Firing pin drag versus no issue. Sig fanboys vs grip zone. I own neither but still carrying a shield so I’m the target demographic. Love to hear the opinions of NES. All taken with a grain of salt lol

My buddy has a 365 sas, and says there is no firing pin drag, and really likes the new sites or lack of, and sold his g43... but time will tell if he made a mistake

Please, tell me the shield is not a .40?

I have no good info on those guns.
I can tell you the Shield s*cks, it is good to see you are replacing it.

I still haven't found anything as good as the old PPS.

I have a MA 365 as well and love it. I've put around 1000 rounds through it so far without a single hiccup. If I lived in a free state, I'd probably have the XL and SAS by now, but will have to wait to see if either make it to MA or not. But we may end up moving before that happens, so I hope to have the Hellcat as an option as well. Note, that I'm already a Hellcat fan:

full

Frank

I carry a 365 in the summer and I think it's great. I've only fired the Hellcat and it seems like a very good gun based on that limited experience. If I had to choose one I'd pick the 365 because I like the trigger and sights better (again based on limited experience with the Hellcat).

I have a MA 365 as well and love it. I've put around 1000 rounds through it so far without a single hiccup. If I lived in a free state, I'd probably have the XL and SAS by now, but will have to wait to see if either make it to MA or not. But we may end up moving before that happens, so I hope to have the Hellcat as an option as well. Note, that I'm already a Hellcat fan:

full

Frank
That’s the only hellcat I want lol

Haven’t seen this thread I don’t think.
11 rounds versus 10. Firing pin drag versus no issue. Sig fanboys vs grip zone. I own neither but still carrying a shield so I’m the target demographic. Love to hear the opinions of NES. All taken with a grain of salt lol

I have some bad news for you, there is no grip zone on the Hellcat. Interesting to note also, I saw the Hellcat the other day at my LGS here in Philadelphia, the rep had a little table set up. There were two mags on the table, an 11 and a 13 round. I have no idea if they also make a 10 but it wasn’t there. It’s not an issue here in PA but I know some states have mag limits.

Please, tell me the shield is not a .40?

I have no good info on those guns.
I can tell you the Shield s*cks, it is good to see you are replacing it.

I still haven't found anything as good as the old PPS.

i actually love the shield after Dave Santurri did the trigger. It’s a 9 and I’ve had it a while. I’ve owned and shot the newer PPS, gen 2 and 5 g19 and still like the shield.

i actually love the shield after Dave Santurri did the trigger. It’s a 9 and I’ve had it a while. I’ve owned and shot the newer PPS, gen 2 and 5 g19 and still like the shield.
The older PPS with the paddle mag release on the side of the trigger guard. That's the one I'm referring to, and the one I have been carrying for over 5 years and will continue to carry for a while.

I didnt shoot the new PPS because I dont understand why they changed the mag release. The old PPS has the perfect mag release for a CCW.

I always go to grab my Free State Shield, it’s been 100% for 7 years

I love my free state shield too, but my wife has been addicted to this “crime junky” podcast and has now recently been checking to make sure I’m carrying when we’re out and about. She’s shot the shield before and liked it, so gonna try to push her to carry that (and take some classes) and then I get to get a new gun! We call that a win-win

I was all set to switch my Kahr PM9 for the 365 to get the extra rounds for carry. However, I was not happy with the balance of the 365 and decided to stay with the PM9. I also like the flexibility of carry options with the size of the PM9. Haven't held the Hellcat yet, but looking forward to giving it a try.

Got to see the 365 SAS at Sig and that’s the one you want. Wasn’t aware of it until @nhrealtor was fondling.
This is a real pocket, hideout gun. Nothing to snag on when having to draw it. With that said, giving it 10 rounds makes it heavy. I have a keltec p32 that I can put in my shirt pocket. I can barely feel it there. It is nice having 10 rounds.

The older PPS with the paddle mag release on the side of the trigger guard. That's the one I'm referring to, and the one I have been carrying for over 5 years and will continue to carry for a while.

I didnt shoot the new PPS because I dont understand why they changed the mag release. The old PPS has the perfect mag release for a CCW.

my nephew has that one in 40. Every time I shoot it I bleed from somewhere, but I do like to shoot it.

The 365 SAS is a cool concept, although no one much cared for Meprolight Bullseyes sights befroe Sig frenched them into the slide. For me the determining factor is the ability to add a red dot to the Hellcat. At this point with no hands on Hellcat, I'd have ti choose Hellcat over 365/sas, but it's more hands on to determine 365xl vs Hellcat

Personally: Don't care, not buying either. I already have a G43 and a 48, not spending more cash over a few extra rounds or saving a mm or two of space.

The hype train proposition though is probably different for someone starting out or not having a gun in this size class, though or someone who doesn't even own a defensive gun yet.

-Mike

I have an SAS in the shop, I carry a regular p365 w/o safety. I like the p365 alot. Haven't had a chance to mess with a hellcat. Might buy one for giggles and see what's up with it.

There is a good comparo review of the two on firearmblog today. They seem pretty close, but I've never loved the feel of Springfields.

For the sas there is, and that is what he is talking about

He mentioned the XL you just didn't quote that part.

Also I wish Sig would release a 10 round extended mag for the regular 365, cause the grip is a little short. There's only imperfect aftermarket options so far. I prefer the G43x for that reason.

Back
Top Bottom