Sig365 or Springfield hellcat?

9E98E5F3-1022-41D6-A757-031F792421E6.jpeg
He mentioned the XL you just didn't quote that part.

Also I wish Sig would release a 10 round extended mag for the regular 365, cause the grip is a little short. There's only imperfect aftermarket options so far. I prefer the G43x for that reason.
I am glad we have some common ground, I too prefer the 43x for the same reasons. Also he never said anything about the XL I have included a screen shot of what he wrote too

View attachment 309551
I am glad we have some common ground, I too prefer the 43x for the same reasons. Also he never said anything about the XL I have included a screen shot of what he wrote too

Oh yeah pinefd made a similar post mentioning the XL, my bad. I'm not holding my breath for a 10 round version of the Sig extended mag. The P225-A1 still has only an 8 rounder when it would be easy to make a 10 rounder.

Oh yeah pinefd made a similar post mentioning the XL, my bad. I'm not holding my breath for a 10 round version of the Sig extended mag. The P225-A1 still has only an 8 rounder when it would be easy to make a 10 rounder.
No problem. I had a 365 for a short time. I did not like how small the grip was at all, the 43x is perfect, and does not have the quality control issues that Sig has lol

I handled a 356XL today. I love the feel, the barrel length, the capacity, and the night sights.

The salesman (who qualified this by saying he hates Taurus, except for their revolvers) pulled his personal Taurus G2C out of his range bag, and said it's his "gym gun" and his pocket pistol. It will go in his coat pocket when the weather gets cold. He's a respected instructor, and said he likes the trigger on the Taurus better than the 365XL.

The shop owner nodded approvingly, and it's worth saying: they had the Sig for sale then and there. They didn't have a Taurus in stock.

At under $239 street price, it's an interesting choice.

Meh... I'm gonna wait for Ruger to come out with their P365 clone, the SR666 Hell Cannon "Soul Taker" Lipseys model with the red anodized skeleton trigger and flame camo dip finish.

What are the odds that an SAS slide will be an exact fit for the existing 365? Are there any other changes “under the hood” that would affect compatibility?

Last edited:
I have a free state P365. I also have a gen 1 Shield upgraded with Apex and 8+1 Magguts. I actually prefer the Shield, despite being 2rnds down. Feels less snappy to me, which might just be a weight issue where the Shield is a tiny bit heavier. My Shield also has primer drag, BTW. I have a feeling you're always going to see a little bit of it with subcompacts.

People are saying this race is so close between the P365 & Hellcat that is just boils down to preference of ergonomics. Hickock45 pointed out the Hellcat is ever so slightly meatier in the grip, so that might be better for people with larger hands. Although, he also pointed out that he perceived more recoil impulse from the Hellcat, so go figure. There is also the RMR readiness of the more expensive Hellcat to consider if you might go RMR in the future. Definitely cheaper than an after market cut to a Sig.

Don't know why anyone would dislike the shield, it's a solid pistol, very reliable.
Anyway, why limit yourself, buy one of each, you could buy one of each version for the cost of what some guns sell for in this state.

Not to derail, but couldn't one conceivably epoxy a mag block into the P365 XL magazine and permanently make it 10 rounds? I realize there is a certain level of comfort one would need to have legally speaking, but just throwing it out there. The XL looks like a winner.

Signed,
Incredibly Biased Sig Fan

Back
Top Bottom