• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig SRD22X Rimfire Suppressor Close-up **UPDATED**

After a "short" 9 month wait, my Sig Sauer SRD22X silencer finally showed up on Thursday, and I thought I'd treat it to a photo spread, mostly for those who might not have seen silencer "guts" lately.

First, the basics. The SRD22X utilizes a Grade 9 Titanium outer tube with seven (7) 17-4 stainless steel "M" baffles. It's approved for .22LR, .17HMR/.17 Mach II, .22 Magnum, and 5.7mm (from a rifle only). It's a 1" diameter tube (at the ends), and 5.8" long. The specs say 5.1 oz, but as we will see, mine was a hair more.

To reduce weight, the tube is turned down between the ends, giving it a distinct "dogbone" shape. GEDC0047.JPG

Mine weighs 5.5 oz on the super-expensive HF scale.

GEDC0051.JPG
The rear endcap is welded in place

GEDC0048.JPG
But the front endcap is user-removable for servicing (cleaning) the can.

GEDC0049.JPG
They include an endcap wrench (plastic!) and an adapter if you want to stick it on a M9x.75 threaded barrel.

GEDC0052.JPG
Pull off the endcap and you can dump out 7 stainless "M" baffles. (Note: the fouling on this new can may or may not have come from someone testing it in the backyard just to see if everything worked. I'll have to look into that...)

GEDC0053.JPG
The "M" shape means the baffle is fully enclosed, and there's less of a path for the carbon/gunk to get between the baffle and tube, making it easier to remove the baffle stack.

GEDC0055.JPG
The baffles are "clipped" in the cone, which increases turbulence and works the gas more, making the can more efficient.

GEDC0056.JPG
Sig claims to have thinned out the baffles, to keep them strong but light (17-4 stainless), and they are pretty light.

GEDC0057.JPG

Overall, it's a very light can, made of all stainless and Ti materials. Usually, at this weight, you get a 17-4 blast baffle, and 7075-T6 Aluminum baffles (which is fine, too). It feels like nothing on the end of my M&P 22 Compact and 22/45 Lite hosts. I like the strength of the can, and the ease of cleaning stainless baffles compared to Al.

Now I just need to get it to the (actual) range...

UPDATE: Finally go to the range yesterday (a gorgeous day it was) to compare the Sig SRD22X vs my XCaliber Genesis, and my Silencerco Spectre II.

All video was shot with a GoPro Hero 5 Session, so no super-sensitive mikes or db meters. I was looking more for a comparison of the cans. All three seemed to be pretty close to my (unprotected) ears. Sequence was SRD22X vs Genesis, SRD22X vs Spectre II, Genesis vs Spectre II, and then the SRD22X on a Ruger MKII for comparison.

Great can; quiet and light.

Last edited:
Nice toy! Now you need to find a rifle in 5.7!! Does the PS 90 count as a rifle in terms of the limitations of the can?? I think you need one to test out.

Back
Top Bottom