• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig SP2022: why doesn't everyone have one of these???

They are ISSUED the Sigpro. They are at liberty to purchase any other handgun and use it on duty. Lots of them go the revolver route in .357. Still doesn't change the fact that the SIGpro is their official sidearm. Now, remind me, why are you trying to get on my nerves here, and what's your point?

They are ISSUED the Sigpro. They are at liberty to purchase any other handgun and use it on duty. Lots of them go the revolver route in .357. Still doesn't change the fact that the SIGpro is their official sidearm. Now, remind me, why are you trying to get on my nerves here, and what's your point?

Your words
The 2022 is good enough as a duty sidearm for one of the world's to anti terror units. I guess it should be good enough for everybody.

The fact is many of the elite service members choose something different, so the idea that it is "good enough for everybody" doesn't hold water. Ironically more photos show GIGN members using glocks than Sig's yet those are somehow beneath you
Not sure what your nerves have to do with it.... Is the Internet bro, relax

Last edited:
It's pretty funny watching dudes get all riled up about their preferences in guns. I don't understand the emotional attachment.

Been mulling over picking one up. People on this forum are easily butt hurt! Whats the going rate lately on the SP2022? Seems like they've been dropping in price.

If you have modified a "pre-ban" magazine, is it still legally, under the law, a "pre-ban" magazine?

I've read the laws, but I don't know the answer to that.

Yes, although this is only using the "assuming MA obeys the BATFE mantras" on the issue. BATFE always maintained that modifying a preban mag was OK as long as you did not destroy the ability for the magazine to work in the original firearm it was intended for. So cutting extra notches, etc, is generally considered kosher.

That said if your magazines are under that kind of scrutiny you likely have FAR bigger issues to deal with than pre-ban mag BS. (none of these charges ever come on their own, there is usually an enchilada of BS attached to them. )

-Mike

Been mulling over picking one up. People on this forum are easily butt hurt! Whats the going rate lately on the SP2022? Seems like they've been dropping in price.
I've seen them as low as $350 without the night sights. Palmetto has them on sale from time to time, so does Academy.

That is understandable since you shoot a gun manufactured from recycled milk cartons

I agree Glocks are pretty ridiculous. But it's either that or various overpriced eurotrash paperweights and unicorn/nuthugger guns.

Please tell me which trigger job gets the sp2022 down to 4 lbs , eliminates the DA pull and the decor and lowers the bore axis and maybe I'll be interested.... it seems to me, many mock the idea of the M&Ps that "need" a trigger job out of the box. I agree, the m&p's sucks but at least for my needs there fixable...

I don't see a single way the SP2022 could ever fit into how I like to shoot. Doesn't make it a bad pistol, just makes it one I don't need. I have also adopted the philosophy that it's better to have a few pistols that do exactly what I want ( at whatever price is required ) than a bunch of inexpensive pistols that don't do what I want.
mine has a 4 lbs SA triggerpull right OOB.

Hm. I was at the LGS just this weekend. It was either the 2022 or the Beretta 92FS.

I went with the 92FS. Just felt better in my hands. I don't know, but for me, I hated the de-cocker on the Sig. Maybe I am used to my SW 5906 and the de-cocker on the slide.

Hm. I was at the LGS just this weekend. It was either the 2022 or the Beretta 92FS.

I went with the 92FS. Just felt better in my hands. I don't know, but for me, I hated the de-cocker on the Sig. Maybe I am used to my SW 5906 and the de-cocker on the slide.

as much as I like my SP2022, no firearm collection is complete without a 92fs.

That is understandable since you shoot a gun manufactured from recycled milk cartons

They use only virgin polymer pellets over there at Glock. :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro - typos are from the GD auto correct unless they are funny substitutions those I'll take credit for.

Chill out ...

It's pretty funny watching dudes get all riled up...

...This thread occasionally skips nearby "your Sig's so fat, it needs a hula hoop to keep it's socks up" level of discourse. [rofl]
And

...its also the size of a school bus....

drgant is correct.

sddefault.jpg

Last edited:

...This thread occasionally skips nearby "your Sig's so fat, it needs a hula hoop to keep it's socks up" level of discourse. [rofl]
And

drgant is correct.

sddefault.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Over on SigForum, the 2022 is generally considered Sig's best kept secret.

Shhhh... Don't tell the boys who insist on shooting that plastic brick with the funny grip angle. Let them continue with their spring loaded wonders and be happy.

Im at 3k rounds flawless.
gun is incredibly reliable and easy to shoot.
best value handgun i have encountered.

I had one in 9mm, the pistol was 75% reliable at best. After buying another magazine and an expensive trip back to Sig I finally sold it. I Should have bought the P-226.

It is a solid pistol, but not my cup of tea. DA/SA pistols are not everybody's thing. I don't generally mind them that much (though certainly don't like), but the one 2022 I've shot (several times), the DA trigger pull was nearly unshootable. I don't know the pull weight, but whatever it was, it was rubbish. The SA shot just fine. If it was SAO with a safety, I'd have liked it better. The DA trigger in a real situation would have just been another way to cock the hammer because I certainly wouldn't be hitting what I want with it at any distance besides muzzle touching. Maybe a bit of hyperbole, but the point is, the DA trigger blew.

Sig replaced both the extractor and ejector, the end result was the same, FTE and FTF. Spend the extra cash and get a P-226.

Too bad sig didnt give you a full replacement. Sounds like you got a lemon SP2022. When was it manufactured?

goes to show how every manufacturer puts out occasional garbage...so IMO the big question is how they treat the customers who end up w the crap guns.....if the gun still fails after repairs it should be completely replaced or else the manufacturer sucks.

i own a P226 also and honestly i find the SP2022 just as reliable. Of course the 226 is a better gun in literally every way but its also >2x the price.

Too bad sig didnt give you a full replacement. Sounds like you got a lemon SP2022. When was it manufactured?

goes to show how every manufacturer puts out occasional garbage...so IMO the big question is how they treat the customers who end up w the crap guns.....if the gun still fails after repairs it should be completely replaced or else the manufacturer sucks.

i own a P226 also and honestly i find the SP2022 just as reliable. Of course the 226 is a better gun in literally every way but its also >2x the price.

I purchased it roughly 2 years ago. And I never had a problem with any other Sig I have ever owned. P-228, P-225 and P-239, all excellent pistols. As far as customer service goes, Sig is about as bad as it gets. I lost a screw on P-225 grip and they charged me $6 bucks for the screw plus shipping.

I guess I'll test out all this hate/hype.
I'm picking up a 2022 w/ 4 mags, Sig Nite Sights, SS guide rod, and holster for $385 over the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom