• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig Sauer

Hey,

Newbie looking for info. Still awaiting my LTC, thinking of S&W M&P 9mm Shield,,,, But saw a article of a Sig Sauer P224. My Question, is this a MAss compliant firearm? Does anyone out there carry as a CCW?? If this has been asked before, I'm sorry, new to NES and still getting the kinks out. Any help would be appreciated.

Have a Safe Holiday Weekend.

Along those lines, I'm starting to think ahead (way ahead -- like, two years maybe) about getting a full-size 1911.

I really like the looks of the reverse two-tone (stainless frame, blackened slide) of the Sig TTT or STX. Looking at the roster, it just says: Sig Arms 1911-45-S .45 ACP

Will that cover "all" their 1911's? WTF is an "S" model? http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductList/pistols-1911.aspx

Similar-looking guns from Springfield Armory, Colt (Combat Elite), Wilson Combat ($$$), and a few others.

What's the nicest-looking 1911?

Last edited:
those 1911's will be difficult to find in ma, ( if you know a place that sells these do not post it)

I would love to get a springfield armory 1911 but they will not send there guns to the state for testing.

and I have no idea about the sig 1911-s model Vs any other

My best advice to the op is very simple
DO NOT buy a little tiny pocket gun for your first firearm
It WILL suck and you WILL be trying to sell it for something else less than a month after you buy it
Seriously, your first new gun should at least be a mid size frame that you can actually bring to the range and practice with and have some fun while learning.
Just look at this forum if you do not believe me
many many people buy little pocket guns on here and can't wait to get rid of them, in fact these are the first guns everyone seems to offer up as a trade on here.
Do yourself a big favor, save up and buy a real gun for your first experience

It WILL suck and you WILL be trying to sell it for something else less than a month after you buy it
Seriously, your first new gun should at least be a mid size frame that you can actually bring to the range and practice with and have some fun while learning.
many many people buy little pocket guns on here and can't wait to get rid of them, in fact these are the first guns everyone seems to offer up as a trade on here.

+1 to you sir

forget compliance BS you can get anything you want. question is how badly you want it and how long you are willing to wait till you find it.
oh, ane one more little thing - how much are you willing to over-pay for it. [laugh]

- - - Updated - - -

true every word

- - - Updated - - -

true every word
+1 from me too

Last edited:
As a general rule if you check Sigs website and explore the "specification" tab of the firearm you are interested in it will list if it is Ma and Ca compliant to purchase new.

However, I agree that you might want to become familiar with firearms with something larger like a Sig 226 or 220, maybe a Beretta 92. Whatever you do, don't buy a Glock or any other gun made by the Rubbermaid company. Yeah they work great but but... they are just... argh.. they are just stupid, ok!

Just picked up a Sig 1911RA-45-sss. Really nice, and a tack driver. I am really impressed with the quality of this 1911. I have several Kimbers and Wessons to compare it to, and have no problem getting another Sig. If you go to Sigs site, choose 1911 pistols, then choose one you like. When you look at the tabs below the pic, look at the specifications, and it tells you whether it can be had in this state or not.

+1 on the .357 Sig, but get a .40 barrel also for days at the range when you're feeling cheap

sent it....from the Evo

or you could just get the P229 9mm, that was my first gun...haven't though twice about it since. probably close to 4000 rounds through it and 0 malfunctions. cheap ammo, and pretty easy to conceal

If you can find one, I'd recommend a Sig P6. It's the old West German police version of the P225 and while earlier models will hang up with some hollowpoints (the ramp can be modified or you can replace the barrel, if you like) it's a great gun for the cost. I got mine for $300 about five years ago, and never regretted it. While its a only a single stack mag and an arguably too small 9mm, it's still build like a Sig, has the exact same mechanics as the 220/225/226/228/229, and is considerably cheaper. It'll be used, but if nothing else you'll get a great range gun that can handle +P. Hell, I still carry mine every now & then and do so happily.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I have both the SR1911 and SR9. Love them both for different reasons. Out of the box the 9 was great to shoot and accurate. Stainless Slide and grip is not as blocky as the Glock. Cheap to shoot.

SR1911 cool looking gun. In Mass with no LCI it ships with 10lb trigger. Fixed that with drop in kit. Kept old pieces in case I ever sell it. Trigger now 4.5 lbs (would not want it any lighter) and 50ft I can do a decent 8" group but expensive to shoot. Links below

http://ruger.com/products/sr9c/models.html
sr9.jpg

http://ruger.com/products/sr1911/models.html

sr1911.jpg

I have both the SR1911 and SR9. Love them both for different reasons. Out of the box the 9 was great to shoot and accurate. Stainless Slide and grip is not as blocky as the Glock. Cheap to shoot.

SR1911 cool looking gun. In Mass with no LCI it ships with 10lb trigger. Fixed that with drop in kit. Kept old pieces in case I ever sell it. Trigger now 4.5 lbs (would not want it any lighter) and 50ft I can do a decent 8" group but expensive to shoot. Links below

http://ruger.com/products/sr9c/models.html
View attachment 38709

http://ruger.com/products/sr1911/models.html

View attachment 38710

I'm planning to pick up a SR1911, and was wondering where you got the drop in trigger kit for yours?

Hey All, Thanks for your input. I was out window shopping today, and Have decided that 1st Firearm Purchase will be a S&W M&P 9mm full size. I was advised by my Awesome Teacher at Down Range Firearms in Woburn, KEEP AWAY from the 40's!! So I will, shot the M&P 45 was fine, but ammo will cost more .

Trying to decide now if the M&P 9mm will be a comfortable CCW? Still going to get the Shield 9mm also. As a first time Firearm buyer, what problems will I incure getting two firearms? The LTC is "in the mail" and can't wait to spend some $$$

Should i wait, and how long to purchase second firearm.

Thanks to you all.

You could do a P239 in .40 and get the .357 barrel for it. You could go back and forth between the calibers. I have a P239 chambered in 9mm (which I really like).

Note: A P239 in 9mm cannot be changed into a .357 or .40, so either buy the 9mm or the .357/.40 model.

Hey All, Thanks for your input. I was out window shopping today, and Have decided that 1st Firearm Purchase will be a S&W M&P 9mm full size. I was advised by my Awesome Teacher at Down Range Firearms in Woburn, KEEP AWAY from the 40's!! So I will, shot the M&P 45 was fine, but ammo will cost more .

Trying to decide now if the M&P 9mm will be a comfortable CCW? Still going to get the Shield 9mm also. As a first time Firearm buyer, what problems will I incure getting two firearms? The LTC is "in the mail" and can't wait to spend some $$$

Thanks to you all.

Buy 'em the same day if you want. Should have no problems buying a couple of firearms in one day. That's not even a big sale. A big sale is if I go in and buy 3 full auto M16's, a couple full auto AK-47's, a G18 and 16 33 round mags, 25,000 rounds of ammo and a Plasma weapon in the 40 watt range.

On the flip side that Vario said , I had the opposite results with sig bought a sig1911 target had fit and finish, burrs in the mag well sent it back they said it was in spec they didn't even remove the burrs, I got rid of it and got a S&W 1911ta e series and it is perfect !

Thanks to you all.

i carry a full size M&P9 using a crossbreed holster. it is big and takes some tome to get use to. I'm currently looking at a little smaller frame guns.( I cant stand compact guns they just dont feel right. I miss my Glock 19) goodluck with whater ever you buy. just make sure it fits comfortable in your hand.

Thanks to you all.

Why not split the difference? Instead of getting the full-size 9mm and the shield, get the M&P9c. Small enough for comfortable CCW, yet large enough not to punish yourself at the range.

Back
Top Bottom