• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig Sauer Shipping

Knob Creek

NES Member
Ordered some items from Sig Store on 9/4. I know from my last job that UPS Ground within New England is one day. Sig uses FedHex Smart Post".
My package went from NH to CT then to Northapmton, Ma. Then yesterday handed off to USPS for expected delivery today. So over a week for delivery.

Sig Shipping Policy:

"-SmartPost for $9.95. If the order meets or exceeds $100 (after any eligible discounts are applied) then shipping is free. Please allow 7-12 business days for delivery. SmartPost delivers Monday – Saturday. No Sunday deliveries. This method uses USPS for final delivery.
-FedEx Ground for ammunition and CO2 cartridges for airguns for $9.95 (adult signature required)
-2-Day for $24.95. Same-day shipping for orders placed before noon Eastern. Weekend orders ship on the next business day.
-Standard Overnight for $34.95. Same-day shipping for orders placed before noon Eastern."

anyplace i buy from, smartpost is the free shipping option. i'll select it if i'm not in a hurry.

Yep. I ordered some razors earlier this year from Harry's. Harry's is in CT. They used to just ship USPS.

Now they have this 3rd party company that pre-ships and repackages to ship. . . via USPS.

My razors went from roughly Hartford to someplace in upstate NY. . . . for 4 days of sitting there. Then they got routed 2-3 places before they showed up at my local PO and got delivered. Something that used to take overnight now took 8 days.

I complained. There are a ton of these 3rd party people who are trying to game the shipping systems for customers. I've had similar trouble with. . . I think Ass Pro too. Something I ordered fishing related earlier this year. Pretty sure it was Ass Pro. Went from MO to nowhere for 3 days. Then started moving again.

As far as Harry's is concerned, they lost $ on me over $4 or so in shipping costs net-to-them. Because Tar-Jay has Harry's razors. I'll just buy them there and not direct - cutting their profits down by a factor of 4 or 5 or so. Not a smart strategy on their part.

Back
Top Bottom