• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig Sauer Pistol Cases

Just got a new Sig Sauer pistol and noticed that the black case is missing the rubber liner in the lid. Not a real problem as the pistol was held in place by the instruction manual and stuff that the pistol comes with. Without the stuff in there is too much clearance so when holding the case you can feel the pistol bobbing inside a bit.

So I rang Sig to ask for the liner which they forgot to include. The guy at Sig says they are changing to cardboard boxes and they ran out of liners with their remaining cases. Looks like I will have to cut out some foam and install it myself.

So what goes? Sigs are not cheap and this is not what I would expect from a $800-900 product.

wow thats' sucks but that is how all big companies are doing it if they save $1.00 per box it can add up but yet they don't drop the price go figure.Let's hope they don't start doind that to there products

Just got a new Sig Sauer pistol and noticed that the black case is missing the rubber liner in the lid. Not a real problem as the pistol was held in place by the instruction manual and stuff that the pistol comes with. Without the stuff in there is too much clearance so when holding the case you can feel the pistol bobbing inside a bit.

So I rang Sig to ask for the liner which they forgot to include. The guy at Sig says they are changing to cardboard boxes and they ran out of liners with their remaining cases. Looks like I will have to cut out some foam and install it myself.

So what goes? Sigs are not cheap and this is not what I would expect from a $800-900 product.

Don't feel too bad, for many years lots of high end colts came in a weak cardboard box with styrofoam inserts. [rofl]

I'd rather see them chinse out on the box than take away the 2nd mag or bump the price up. Especially WRT Sig, where most of their newer guns are way too expensive to begin with anyways. They are still selling P series guns for like 900 bucks now that used to cost 700ish in 2004.

-Mike

Like drgrant said, at least they didn't yank the 2nd mag. Again. Yet.

I really like Sigs, but cutting corners like this doesn't give you the warm and fuzzies. By comparison, I called Springfield to purchase replacement foam to put a totally different pistol into a spare case I had. They would have none of it. Instead, they insisted on sending me the foam I wanted for free, even though I have never purchased a Springfield new.

Don't feel too bad, for many years lots of high end colts came in a weak cardboard box with styrofoam inserts. [rofl]

I'd rather see them chinse out on the box than take away the 2nd mag or bump the price up. Especially WRT Sig, where most of their newer guns are way too expensive to begin with anyways. They are still selling P series guns for like 900 bucks now that used to cost 700ish in 2004.

-Mike

My M1A came in a cardboard box with no foam inserts.

The plastic cases are pretty annoying anyway, when your storing the weapons in a safe the boxes just pile up. I'd rather see a decrease in cost or extra mag than the plastic case.

-Mike

Your P series gun was sold at a 1,000% mark-up. Sig spending an extra $0.50 on an injection molded plastic box is like a fart in a tornado. They are pinching pennies in every way humanly possible to make as much of a profit as possible.

MIM, for example, is a good reason why newer pistols aren't nearly the same feel and quality as they once were. Yes, it's a cheap way of making parts, but does it result in a better pistol? It's done because the company makes more money. Cheap ass parts + high ass price = hundreds of millions in profits. Who wins? They do.

I think we all agree that the case is a minor issue compared with losing a second mag. How long will it be before that happens, and then how long will it be before there are no mags supplied and they become optional extras?

Your P series gun was sold at a 1,000% mark-up. Sig spending an extra $0.50 on an injection molded plastic box is like a fart in a tornado. They are pinching pennies in every way humanly possible to make as much of a profit as possible.

MIM, for example, is a good reason why newer pistols aren't nearly the same feel and quality as they once were. Yes, it's a cheap way of making parts, but does it result in a better pistol? It's done because the company makes more money. Cheap ass parts + high ass price = hundreds of millions in profits. Who wins? They do.

Huh? So you think it cost $80 bucks to make a Sig? Last year Sig's total sales was about $160 million and they employ 400 people. I am just not seeing these hundreds of millions in profits that you are. Colt has been on the brink of closing it's doors on several occasions, but is climbing back now.

Either I am wrong or you should start your own firearms manufacturing company selling guns with 1000% mark ups and millions in profits

I got my self the target 1911 and its got the plastic case, but i wonder if the liner is in it, i hadent noticed it and cant see it yet because its wating for me at gun shop till my licence comes in( going on 10 weeks now) im intrigued on wether it in there but its not a big deal. I got alot of foam at the house i can make somthing if needed.

Huh? So you think it cost $80 bucks to make a Sig? Last year Sig's total sales was about $160 million and they employ 400 people. I am just not seeing these hundreds of millions in profits that you are. Colt has been on the brink of closing it's doors on several occasions, but is climbing back now.

Either I am wrong or you should start your own firearms manufacturing company selling guns with 1000% mark ups and millions in profits

Pretty much.

Back
Top Bottom