sig sauer p226

What are the difference's between a mass compliant one and a free state. I would like to buy one but im having a hard time buying another pistol that is altered, especially since ill be moving in a year.

Aside from the capacity of the included magazines I believe the only difference is the loaded chamber indicator on the MA compliant version

It's the same everywhere. Being a double/single action pistol the initial pull is ~10lbs. In single action it's ~4.5lbs.

This is OK for a MA gun.

Other than the magazines and the loaded chamber indicator, nothing. Yes, the 10 rounders suck but pre bans are not hard to come by. Also, once you love you can just buy standard capacity.

Also, the 10 lb trigger deal is the most commonly misunderstood regulation concerning handguns in Massachusetts. It only applies to guns without an external safety. In this case it doesn't matter because all Sig triggers are 10.5-12 lbs out of the box in DA mode (before break in/without mods) so its irrelevant. Single action pull is anywhere from 6.5 pounds down to under 3 depending again on model and modifications.

The Sig 2269/229 is a great buy because the gun really isn't neutered for Massachusetts the way many others are...

Now if you want one in FDE or Equinox that's another game...

I like the LCI. Before a holster for a new day I check my mag and check ym LCI. If given the option, I'd absolutely take it.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

The Ruger SR9 is the same gun nationwide, other than the mags.

S&W M&P is nice other than the trigger, which is easily fixed. Again hi cap mags available if you leave MA.

- - - Updated - - -

HK P30

I'd go for the 226. If it's good enough for the navy SEALs, it should be good enough for you. The LCI is not necessarily a bad thing at all. My 2022 has one, and it gives some "comfort" . To me, anyway.

I have a P226 and have never noticed the LCI. It's unobtrusive and I don't use it.

It is a fine pistol.

The double/single action setup requires a little training and probably sacrifices a little first shot accuracy. I think it's a very safe design, though, and with no risk of forgetting to deactivate a manual safety.

To me, my P226 has the smoothest DA trigger pull of any MA "compliant" handgun I've tried. When it's done right, a 10 lb. trigger pull is not a detriment.

The lci is just a small notch cut in the barrel that let's you see brass. You wouldn't even notice it unless looking for it. It's not one of those stupid lci's on some guns where a big red tab pops out.

Not all P226s have LCIs. You can get one in MA and it will be compliant. I believe if it doesn't have the "pop-up" LCI then it has the "m@sshole" barrel. One could look down through the little notch. If you see brass, then it's loaded.

Free state versions have neither.

Not all P226s have LCIs. You can get one in MA and it will be compliant. I believe if it doesn't have the "pop-up" LCI then it has the "m@sshole" barrel. One could look down through the little notch. If you see brass, then it's loaded.

Free state versions have neither.

The caliber x change kits don't have the LCI.

I don't think the SRT is a MA compliance thing just a preference of the dealer ordering. SRT is a must have on a SIG IMO. Although some people don't like them...

Another difference is the Short Reset Trigger

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro - typos are from the GD auto correct unless they are funny substitutions those I'll take credit for.

I don't think the SRT is a MA compliance thing just a preference of the dealer ordering. SRT is a must have on a SIG IMO. Although some people don't like them..

out of the box SRT's are not MA ok. but $50 bucks and 10 min later it is done.

Funny my p226 had an SRT right from the dealer - four seasons. :) the short reset trigger has nothing to do with MA compliance BS.

out of the box SRT's are not MA ok. but $50 bucks and 10 min later it is done.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

The SIG 226 is a great gun, I own a couple, BUT the S&W 5906 is a better gun out of the box, and a lot cheaper. I would check out a 5906 before I dropped a lot of money on a SIG.

Back
Top Bottom