• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig Sauer Match 1/26

I attended the "action pistol" match at the Sig Sauer academy this past Saturday. The the match did not conform with either IDPA nor USPSA rules specifically but was a little closer to USPSA IMO.

Three stages for 20 bucks. One stage was a multi string (5 I think) police qualification stage that was on the indoor range. The second was a small "run-n-gun" stage with six uspsa targets, a steel plate tree and a steel plate rack. The third stage was an all steel stage with two pepper poppers and a plate rack (three runs for a total time).

Like I said, it was not a sanctioned match but I have to say, I had a great time. A casual environment, it was just a fun day shooting this one with some great people and a multitude of different equipment.

I would recommend their next one if they do another.

Last edited:
Whitey627,
You need to post these before the fact so more of us can enjoy them.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Where s the academy?

http://www.sigsauer.com/EducationTraining/

<thread-hijack>So, has the Sigarms Academy staff turned over once again? After Bank Miller left, the cadre turned over almost completely. They brought in a new director. That new director seems to be out and now George is in charge. Anyone know what the story is?</thread-hijack>

Last edited:
JK-

My apologies [sad2] - It was a last minute decision to attend.

I will make sure to post any more even if it is last minute. As you know, the more that attend the better the match is and the more likely locations are to host another.

http://www.sigsauer.com/EducationTraining/

<thread-hijack>So, has the Sigarms Academy staff turned over once again? After Bank Miller left, the cadre turned over almost completely. They brought in a new director. That new director seems to be ought and now George is in charge. Anyone know what the story is?</thread-hijack>

I am not sure what the story is as comparied to the history of the academy. They have remodled the place and are looking to host more shooting events than just training and classes. This was a pretty good step in the right direction IMO.

George and his staff are certainly dedicated to shooting and training and they all love to shoot. All the staff shot the match as a squad at the end of the day when all of the shooters were finished. I know they had a great time doing it too (boy I thought some of us were bad at harassing each other at the USPSA matches [wink]).

In all seriousness, they did a great job providing a safe environment with stages that were fun to shoot for all ability levels. Each of the RO's (sig's trainers) seemed to enjoy running the stages and helping any of the new shooters.

Plus they had prizes that were awarded on the lewis system so more than just the top three won something- A Sig Tac Jacket, knives, and hats.

Second overall... I won a cool Sig Tac knife. [smile]

There was one stage with two poppers and a plate rack - three runs for a total time. Two were very fast for me and then on the third I tried to go a little faster and... you know it goes. I lost the "edge." That choke cost me. But its all in good fun!

I'm working on JB to get the results posted on the Sig site. I am not sure how much "pull" he has in that area. I think they just e-mailed them to the competitors who provided an e-mail.

when did Bank Miller leave he was a great guy.

Bank has been gone for several years. He went to ActionTarget. http://www.actiontarget.com/index_acd.html

I took a couple classes at Sigarms Academy a number of years ago. I thought John Peterson was a step above the rest of the instructors. I would take another class from John Peterson. I'm less interested in taking additional classes from the other instructors who were there at the time. There are a couple new instructors that I have not met, so I have no opinion about them. YMMV.

Last edited:
The SIG staff supported our clubs and Pioneer Sportsman's Charity Shoot for the benefit of the NH Chaplain's Emergency Relief Fund last November. This year they have told us that they will be out again to support the matches in August. They were a great bunch of people to shoot with and see the toys they bring.

Back
Top Bottom