Sig Sauer Legion P226 - Love it!!!

As a P320 owner I think it's "on the edge" of being too heavy, but it still breaks cleaner than a lot of random P series DA/SA guns I've fired. I should have been more clear... most of the stock AL/steel framed P series triggers are "meh" unless you get lucky and get a nice one.

-Mike

I think it's the clean aspect and short reset that makes me like it, breaks in nice too. I've never shot other Sig's but the 320 makes me consider it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's the clean aspect and short reset that makes me like it, breaks in nice too. I've never shot other Sig's but the 320 makes me consider it!

The P320 trigger slap is slightly annoying but it's not horrendous. It doesn't affect shootability of the gun at all. I only ended up with a small blister that went away pretty quickly. Supposedly the adverse trigger fixes that issue...

The P320 trigger slap is slightly annoying but it's not horrendous. It doesn't affect shootability of the gun at all. I only ended up with a small blister that went away pretty quickly. Supposedly the adverse trigger fixes that issue...
do the new 320's come with the adverse trigger? or do you have to order it ?

do the new 320's come with the adverse trigger? or do you have to order it ?

It's not stock, from what I understand. It's a part you can get that just is swapped out for the regular one. It was originally concieved to keep gunk from going into the trigger hole, but it has the side effect of killing the trigger slap.

-Mike

I own a 320 as well. The trigger bothers my finger a little. Was thinking of changing it out to the Apex trigger.

- - - Updated - - -

Surprised you were not beheaded on NES for posting love for/ purchasing a Legion- No obligatory "you dont need the trigger or the sights or the serrations or the undercut or the beavertail or the grey coating- spend the money on ammo and practice, practice." That said, AWESOME!

I must admit, when I first heard of the Legion series, I was put off by the seemingly exclusive advertising ploy- the "members only" challenge coin coupled with the tacti-cool, scruffy "operator" mug shot on the website.

Fast forward a few months: Was at my local gun shop last week and spoke with the owner- him and I were both looking at new Sigs at the same time. He went with a Tacops, and I went with the X5. He asked if I had seen the new Legion pistols- I explained my opinion (above) and he said- you have to hold this thing and feel the trigger....Well, I'll be damned- I have added the P226 SAO to my short list of "must buy" guns. The trigger is MAGICAL. I dont think I could fit a piece of paper between the trigger and the wall when it resets..Feels just like my Wilson- better than the X5 but doesnt have "race gun" written all over it...Love the xray sights, undercut, beavertail- feels amazing in your hand. After leaving the shop, I was just pissed because now I know I will own one.....

Congrats!!!! I know I will buy the 226 DAO in 9, but still do not like the advertising strategy associated with these pistols- Im sure Sig does, though!

Thank you! The SAO is pretty sweet. Fired one at the range.

Found this yesterday but my damn brother bought it before I had the chance. [rofl]

I just hope he lets me shoot it.

20160408_170356_1.jpg

Last edited:
Of course it isn't, but nobody should care.

-Mike

Nobody talks about this in public otherwise NOBODY gets a legion. [laugh]

-Mike

This is the reason why we care if it's not on the MA approved list. If it's not readily sold in MA gun shops and people can't talk about it publicly, a lot of us don't know how to go about getting a gun like the Legion. Not everybody is in the know of how to bypass MA's terrible laws.

There are lots of people like me who are fairly new to firearms and are learning everything on their own. I don't have a network of gun experts to go to for info.

Without publicly naming specifics, would I just try to privately talk to FFLs in MA who would be willing to transfer this gun to me? Then go out and buy it online via gunbroker or something?

Thanks for any info

This is the reason why we care if it's not on the MA approved list. If it's not readily sold in MA gun shops and people can't talk about it publicly, a lot of us don't know how to go about getting a gun like the Legion. Not everybody is in the know of how to bypass MA's terrible laws.

There are lots of people like me who are fairly new to firearms and are learning everything on their own. I don't have a network of gun experts to go to for info.

Without publicly naming specifics, would I just try to privately talk to FFLs in MA who would be willing to transfer this gun to me? Then go out and buy it online via gunbroker or something?

Thanks for any info

Hell of a first post right here...

You need to get out more, socialize with other gun owners, then you won't have a problem getting what you want. Take up some form of competitive shooting like IDPA, USPSA, steel challenge, etc, and get to know some people. In little time you will have only minor annoyances in getting what you want.

-Mike

Thanks for any info

Legions are rare to begin with, that could be why you don't see them in MA stores. Try asking a few FFLs if they can order one, you'll find out quick if it's simply a supply issue or it's something to do with Mass gun laws.

Technically it's just a P226, should be no problem to transfer.

Legions are rare to begin with, that could be why you don't see them in MA stores. Try asking a few FFLs if they can order one, you'll find out quick if it's simply a supply issue or it's something to do with Mass gun laws.

Technically it's just a P226, should be no problem to transfer.

LOL, except that it doesn't have the CMR940 faggotry on it like the hood notch, etc. But yeah, in terms of a rug-sweep job, it's just a P226, on paper. [rofl]

-Mike

What's the word around town regarding the availability of Legions in MA? I was gonna start calling lgs to see what's going on with each of them, but I figured I ask here first. Thanks

What's the word around town regarding the availability of Legions in MA? I was gonna start calling lgs to see what's going on with each of them, but I figured I ask here first. Thanks

Never happening.

-Mike

Have both and find I like shooting the Legion 229 a bit more than the Legion 226. Can't quite say why, but the slightly shorter grip just works for me. Also the 229 can easily be carried with the right holster and decent belt.

Have both and find I like shooting the Legion 229 a bit more than the Legion 226. Can't quite say why, but the slightly shorter grip just works for me. Also the 229 can easily be carried with the right holster and decent belt.

i also prefer shooting the P229. it's mostly due to balance. less nose heavy. i find the P229 points more naturally.

WRT legion series, I just don't get the appeal. i'm not willing to drop another 400+ $$ on marketing. now the P220 10mm that's a different story.

i'm not willing to drop another 400+ $$ on marketing
I wouldn't spend $400+ on marketing either. The whole Legion Members Only vibe is ridiculous. However I'll happily spend $200 more to get the G10 grips, Gray Guns adjustable trigger, X-Ray night sights, X frame style trigger guard undercut, low-profile slide release and decocker, and the PVD coating which seems to be holding up well. It's the way all 220, 226 and 229 should come stock. The foam Legion case is absolutely useless. I'd rather they throw in a 4th magazine or credit for the online store instead.

I think you get a lot for the money, it's just priced high cause it's new - in time it'll probably drop to $1000 or less and be a better buy.

But I really need more long guns and less handguns, need to lay off the Legion!

This, though I find the 226 makes shooting good pretty damn easy. I have added the 229 to my EDC. I find most people see the legion as marketing hype and maybe it is. But I had a 229 scorpion that I sold after a month of having my 229 legion. The grip, trigger and sights for me made it feel altogether different. Is it worth $400? To me yes, when I compared a the 226 elite to the 226 legion and the 229 scorpion to the 229 legion.

The private club thing is not my bag either.

Back
Top Bottom