• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig Sauer Academy Class

I will be attending Sigs Pistol Skill builder course tomorrow. Hopefully its as fun as it sounds. I took a basic safety course to get the LTC but nothing like this before. Will post a nice review. Also to every one that wonders why i am still up at 2am i work over nights and usually sleep from about 4 till 10pm so with that and me excited about the course i am on here!!

enjoy. post a review if possible. who was the instructor? i have taken atleast a dozen of their courses and have yet to be disappointed. First class training in NH, cant beat it.

I've been to a few courses also. MJM is right on. The instructors are top notch, you won't be disappointed.

Skill builder

The class was very well run. We started with about 25mins of lecture on basic safety of the range and its rules. There were 9 of us all together and asked us all about what are background is to get a feel of what we wanted to work on and why we were there. We had one LE in the group. The class was not really for beginners. you should have had time at a range and basic hand gun skills. I few of us never worked from a holster and we did some drills on drawing from it before we moved on to more advanced topics such as drawing and moving to cover and later moving while drawing and firing on multiple attackers and so on. At the end we practice on a moving target that was setup on a automated zip line controlled my the instructor. We were only allowed to shoot when it was moving and he would stop and start it randomly. All in all a very professionally run course.

The instructor was Todd Horn.
He holds a BS in Criminal justice and has over 24 years of LE experience. Including time as a Patrol man, Detective, Field Training Officer and a SWAT Team Leader.
a very friendly and personable person who seems to love to teach. Had a good sense of humor when trying to relate everything he taught us to real world situation. He taught a very practical class meaning he wanted to teach real situation that would arise either on the job or in daily life. How to find and use cover. Using your opposite hand and how to draw and reload with that hand or with one hand in general. Overall a solid A.

Last edited:
I took a rifle skill builder at Sig...It was awesome...all shooting tons of fun and very helpful. Also hoping to take the two day defensive rifle course next week...their courses make me want to shoot more and more just wish i could afford the ammo to go everyday. just make sure to bring extra ammo more than even their requirments say

Well I was going to go next week, but then I found a deal on the EBR chassis I wanted for my M14. I suppose I will have to try to catch that class at an other time.

I took a pistol speed shooting class and an orientation to rifle and carbine and both were excellent classes with great instructors! Worth the money!

I took a rifle skill builder at Sig...It was awesome...all shooting tons of fun and very helpful. Also hoping to take the two day defensive rifle course next week...their courses make me want to shoot more and more just wish i could afford the ammo to go everyday. just make sure to bring extra ammo more than even their requirments say

Were we in the same class together.

Hahahah Yes! Todd is the best he does have a great sense of humor and helped those that needed extra help and wasn't scared to yell at someone and download them...
I have taken 3 classes there and they all have been great, Definately the best in the New England Area.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom