• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig Rose - Sig and Lena Miculek encouraging women

Screen Shot 2023-02-19 at 17.55.46.png

I support the heck out of this. Lena and Sig are encouraging women to get into shooting, seemingly targeting defensive carry.

IDK if your wife is comfortable handling firearms, but mine isn't and takes the stance of "why do I need to do that when you have it under control?" Sig released something marketed to women as a package and I think they nailed it. They're bundling a shitty plastic lockbox and dummy rounds with a p365 at a $200-300 premium, but I think it's worth it because my wife finally said "yeah, sure". The standardization also means videos/the facebook "community" can teach her basics without expecting her to be a gun nerd.

Sorry if I'm doing Sig's marketing job for them, but this configuration means I'm buying a .380 for my wife with her being interested in going to the range. Anyone else see this? What's your take?

WTF is the price? I hate when it's hidden. Probably at least twice what the new Ruger Security-380 is (which also holds 10 rounds and is geared to weak wrists)

I've read the comments on the Sig board about the new 365 in 380, way too many complaints for me.

WTF is the price? I hate when it's hidden. Probably at least twice what the new Ruger Security-380 is (which also holds 10 rounds and is geared to weak wrists)
I think MSRP $800 for the .380 bundle, MSRP $980 for the 9mm (has compensator) bundle.

A cheap gun that your wife will touch 0 times is worth $0.

My take is I don’t like the convergence. Makes Sig less in my estimation.

Less than what? Lol it's marketing. Gun companies wanna sell stuff. So? Sig lost that HK "level of eliteness" luster it had years ago if that's what you're referring to, they can't really go down much further LOL.

This is the kind of product mashup that most shops won't stock anyways but at some point somebody will want it.....

In my estimation Sig has done far worse than that I mean they already had like those little colt mustang clones (938? Whatever it is) with rainbow slides etc. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

A curated product thats targeted towards new women shooters is frankly not the worst thing that they could ever do.

Are those rose gold accents though?

Yes, the accents are rose gold. In speaking with my wife (turns out she's actually pretty smart and has thoughts of her own, which was like...wow, I thought you only made babies), while all-black-functionality-only-setups are pragmatic, they made her feel like they weren't for her or she needed to understand the specific functions (e.g. front pic rail or hammer). The more she felt like she needed to invest, the more she felt it wasn't worth the time exchange.

My wife loves her P365. Basic black, bought with no bundle and no special colors. The “Marketing” that got her to take the plunge was that her friend is now shooting, so suddenly it’s more interesting.

Whatever it takes.

The target demographic is not women. It’s men who think their wives might like it so they buy it for them.
Hey hun, I bought you a gun that comes with a picture of another woman. I know this other woman because I follow her.

With the way some people here talk about women, that will be a fun conversation.

The target demographic is not women. It’s men who think their wives might like it so they buy it for them.

Lol, maybe, but in the past 2-3 years I've seen way more women making their own "gun decisions" than ever before. They might get a dude to pay for it sometimes, but they usually are the ones doing the selection.

The shit that I used to see that made my blood boil 10-15 yrs ago seems to be making a hasty departrue.. (and thank god, because all it really did was scare women away from shooting).

The setup made my wife say "okay" to her first gun. Money comes from my job, but she raises our babies, so it's not at all about the money. If I had my say, she'd be fury roading an underfolder in the diaper bag, but as it turns out, women aren't just men with different sexual organs.

In this case it is (IMO) actually pandering to men.

"Honey, look, it's pink.. I bought it for you!!!!"

Thankfully this kind of faggotry is on the decline, at least based on what ive seen from both sides of the counter. More women are shopping for, and picking thier own damn guns. Some of them will like stuff like this, otherwise either don't care or it doesn't matter.

It like the pink fishing pole, and pink bowling ball, and pink golf clubs collecting dust in the basement..if there is little interest before, making it pink won’t sell it..

WTF is the price? I hate when it's hidden.

MSRP doesnt matter anyways, what really matters is what the street price/MAP ends up being, which eventually once it starts to come out will
be realized on gunbroker being near the low average BIN price. Or whatever puds sells it for if they list a price.

Probably at least twice what the new Ruger Security-380 is (which also holds 10 rounds and is geared to weak wrists)

I've read the comments on the Sig board about the new 365 in 380, way too many complaints for me.

You might be the exception, but BasicallyNobody(TM) cross shops Ruger and Sig at the same time, unless they're one of those guys or ladies thats stacking guns once a month just for the hell of it. Or they're a heavy skinflint and theyre doing a false comparison gig against the Sig product to make themselves feel more assured about buying something cheaper. The ruger max pro 9 whatever is an overall decent gun but it basically isn't even allowed to smell sig's farts on the 365 in terms of the sales.

Some chicks like bling, so why not? Mine got this one recently, too much cash for me for what it is, but she buys her own guns.
It is a pretty sexy gun though.
89D4EC7F-855F-4EE8-B929-DF5844FBCF0F.jpeg

Not a bad idea to have "Rose" branded stuff, training videos, and a FB group dedicated to it. I like the sub-branding is a hair more than just a rose gold accents on a gun. They should have a Rose 9mm MPX. 🤔

Thankfully this kind of faggotry is on the decline, at least based on what ive seen from both sides of the counter. More women are shopping for, and picking thier own damn guns. Some of them will like stuff like this, otherwise either don't care or it doesn't matter.
Importantly, my wife said "no" to even the idea of her own gun before this. I'm not saying that zero women pick their own config, but most don't. I expect my badass wife to quickly advance from the soft recoil of 380 to 9mm, but I'm happy this opened the door. The Rose 9mm has a comp because 9mm is too much for most women to have fun shooting.

Importantly, my wife said "no" to even the idea of her own gun before this. I'm not saying that zero women pick their own config, but most don't. I expect my badass wife to quickly advance from the soft recoil of 380 to 9mm, but I'm happy this opened the door. The Rose 9mm has a comp because 9mm is too much for most women to have fun shooting.

There is definitely a landing zone for this kind of thing at one corner. For example a ton of women end up with things like Shield EZ 380s and 9s on the smith side, because of the safeties, because of the easy loading etc. Even in demoing the dry gun to many of them, many are less intimidated by that setup.

There is definitely a landing zone for this kind of thing at one corner. For example a ton of women end up with things like Shield EZ 380s and 9s on the smith side, because of the safeties, because of the easy loading etc. Even in demoing the dry gun to many of them, many are less intimidated by that setup.
+1.

I think for my wife, there's something to be said about it being woman backed; it's not like me guessing what she can handle for a benchpress. We also never "made time" for dummy rounds in a Shield. Sig made this approachable to women who think guns are too severe or involved.

So, you've READ about the 365/380. Well, I've found it to be reliable and accurate, easy to carry and for me a great little summer carry gun. Also, I will highly recommend it to women because of the easier racking of the slide and low recoil.

My wife wanted a snub nose 38. She wanted a revolver over a semiauto for reliability and limited controls. I got her a Ruger LCR because she liked the weight. I told her to get a heavier gun to help with the recoil, but she liked the LCR. She shot it once. She won’t shoot it again.

Back
Top Bottom