Sig P938

CrackPot

NES Member
I could be in love... of all the 380ACPs I tried, I ended up with the P238 because of its trigger. A version in 9mm! I was in Bluenorthern this morning and he showed it to me on the 2012 pricelist he just got from SIG.

9MM slightly larger than P238, 6 or 7 round mags, ambi safety. List prices below, so clearly much lower in practice...

The models are:
938-9-RG-AMBI
P938 ROSEWOOD, Black Nitron Finish, SLITE Night Sights, Rosewood Grips, Ambi Safety
$795.00

938-9-BG-AMBI
P938 BLACKWOOD, Two-Tone, SLITE Night Sights, Blackwood Grips, Ambi Safety
$809.00

938-9-XTM-AMBI
P938 EXTREME, Black Nitron Finish, SLITE Night Sights, Hogue Extreme G10 Grips, Ambi Safety, 7rd Magazine
$823.00

938-9-EQ-AMBI
P938 EQUINOX, Two-Tone Polished Nitron Finish, TRUGLO / SIGLITE Night Sights, Blackwood Grips, Ambi Safety
$823.00

938-9-SAS-AMBI
P938 SAS, Two-Tone, Dehorning, SLITE Night Sights, Brown Goncalo Checkered Wood Grips, Ambi Safety
$838.00

Interesting. I'm adding it to my firearm list. My lonely P238 need a bigger brother. [wink]

Sent from my iPhone 5.

Last edited:
Anyone have pictures??

I have just become a Sig fanboi in a big way (just bought a P239 from an NES member).

I love the P239, but wish there were something a little bit lighter and slimmer.

Anyone have pictures??

I have just become a Sig fanboi in a big way (just bought a P239 from an NES member).

I love the P239, but wish there were something a little bit lighter and slimmer.

Can't find any picture via google. Many online retailer already listed the item on the website, just no photo. [hmmm]

They also have a compact double-stack coming out. Presumably to compete with the G26. It's called the P224.

Yup (and the M&P9c). Though with an MSRP >$1k, I think I'd probably pass.

SIG_P224_photo.jpg

ETA: I just noticed the absent decocker. DAO/DAK?

I really like the looks of the P238 and the P938 is a good concept IMO, my question for those of you who have the P238, what concerns about quality control have you had, given the fact that Sig seems to be having issues in that area?

thanks for your input,

mark056

My fiance and I each have a P238. Great little guns. Had one faulty spring Sig replaced and they hate Lellier and Ballot ammo. No problems with JHP or winchester white box.

Two new guns, great, two more reasons to leave MA.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk

I've never had any quality issues with Sigs but mine are older. I just purchased a new 522 and that's been great. I did hear that you have to swap the spring out on the 238 after every 1500 rounds and it actually says that in the manual. I will say that for 1000 I'll stick with my glock 27. 550 brand new works a lot better for me :)

Yup (and the M&P9c). Though with an MSRP >$1k, I think I'd probably pass.

SIG_P224_photo.jpg

ETA: I just noticed the absent decocker. DAO/DAK?

Nice looking! E2 grips as well. Sig needs to learn how to get their prices down to a reasonable level.

If it's a MA model, it's will have to be DAO with a crappy trigger pull.

I was interested in a p238, but it was just too much of a pain to get my finger in the trigger guard. After I witnessed a local shop sending 8 brand new, just recieved p238's BACK to sig due to poor build quality, finish and trigger issues Im glad I passed

The P224 looks very cool, but $1k msrp???? WTF?!

I was interested in a p238, but it was just too much of a pain to get my finger in the trigger guard. After I witnessed a local shop sending 8 brand new, just recieved p238's BACK to sig due to poor build quality, finish and trigger issues Im glad I passed

The P224 looks very cool, but $1k msrp???? WTF?!

Have there been a lot of issues with Sig quality?

Have there been a lot of issues with Sig quality?

Depends on who you ask..... I had interest in the in the p238 but it was not a good fit for my hand, as well as variance in build quality in the ones I handled. The Full size sigs I dont think Ive ever heard to many proble,s with, but I just dont like the design. I typically like striker/dao plastic pistols.....

I read in "guns and weapons" that the 224 was gonna be released with the DAK trigger but was eventually gonna get a DA/SA trigger, which if it is true, then I think its worth the weight, it also mentioned updates the were making to their 556. Sadly there was nothing on the 938.[sad2]

Back
Top Bottom