• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig P938

I carry mine when I cant carry my 1911. You can pry it from my dead, cold...

Really no different than shooting the P238. Same size, no noticeable difference in recoil. But I am not small and have very large hands, so that may be why going 380 to 9mm is not a noticeable difference in handling.

lol, I know they are not illegal to own, but a dealer can't sell them unless they are MA compliant right? I know you can transfer them, but they are pretty new so I would think the likelihood of someone moving to MA that owns one is low. I just really like the gun but don't know how to get one other than transfers. I am still pretty green with this stuff so go easy on me! ;)

lol, I know they are not illegal to own, but a dealer can't sell them unless they are MA compliant right? I know you can transfer them, but they are pretty new so I would think the likelihood of someone moving to MA that owns one is low. I just really like the gun but don't know how to get one other than transfers. I am still pretty green with this stuff so go easy on me! ;)

No offense just pointing something out, but you've been a registered user since 2011 and have 2 posts. While the majority of people on here are happy to help in many many ways, posting directions to get a pistol that hasn't been funneled through the Bu//l$h!t system Massachusetts has going wouldn't be one of them. Be patient, make friends, contribute, attend gatherings, and maybe good things will come to pass.

Sent from the Batcave, I AM BATMAN!

No offense just pointing something out, but you've been a registered user since 2011 and have 2 posts. While the majority of people on here are happy to help in many many ways, posting directions to get a pistol that hasn't been funneled through the Bu//l$h!t system Massachusetts has going wouldn't be one of them. Be patient, make friends, contribute, attend gatherings, and maybe good things will come to pass.

^THIS

I thought same thing only been in MA for a few years and took a while to get LTC been on NES for year but learned A LOT by paying attention, reading, hitting shops and making friends. Helped me with hard to find items and during this Obamaclypse ammo BS.

So this thread is seriously old lol, are Sig 938s legal to buy here yet? And not the ones the birdies drop...the ones the rest of us are interested in.

Sent from the Batcave, I AM BATMAN!

None taken. I am trying to learn. I signed up for this site a while back to be able to read some stuff on here. I guess most of my questions have been answered on this site already so I didn't really need to post much. I appreciate the advice!

Now on the approved roster, what comes next? Any idea how long it takes for the AG to add or deny? Would love to get one of these.

So here's a question for everyone. I want to grab one of these. I know FS is creating a wait list. He has them on order and is expecting them in someone time in December.

I've been doing more research on it and I've come across a lot of people having extractor issues such as FTF & FTE. Has anyone heard, seen, or had any of these issues present in your own?

Have there been a lot of issues with Sig quality?

I have Exeter built P220, P239 and a SIG 1911.

The 1911 can be a little picky about ammo and magazines, but that is fairly typical for a 1911.

The P220 (about 1500 rounds) and the P239 (about 150 rounds) have been fine. Aside from shortening the factory SA trigger resets I wouldn't do anything mechanical to them. So I suppose the trigger reset is the biggest issue. You would have to take it to a smithy or send it to SIG for their factory SRT (short reset trigger) service unless you do it yourself.

But in general I would expect the reset to be good from the factory on $800 - 900 guns. Not what I would call a QA issue though.

20131026_200753.jpg
200 Rounds Saturday....Not a hiccup!
Fit and finish are great...Not crazy about the engraving but.....It was available so I took it home.

Back
Top Bottom