• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig P938

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p938-blackwood.aspx

On the Sig website including pictures
Runs ~$45 more than the equivalent ambi safety P238

Item Number938-9-BG-AMBI
Caliber9mm
Action TypeSAO
Trigger Pull DAN/A
Trigger Pull SA5.0 lbs
Overall Length5.9 in
Overall Height3.9 in
Overall Width1.1 in
Barrel Length3.0 in
Sight Radius3.8 in
Weight w/out Mag16.0 oz
Mag Capacity6+1 Rounds
SightsLow-Profile SIGLITE Night Sights
GripsCustom Blackwood Grips
Frame FinishBlack Hard Anodized
Slide FinishNatural Stainless
Accessory RailNo
FeaturesAmbi safety, Beavertail style frame, Custom Blackwood Grips
MSRP$809.00
CA CompliantNo
MA CompliantNo

I saw this, just saying.......

there is nothing you can do with a “pocket” 9mm that you can’t do better with a legit subcompact gun or a proper pocket pistol in a mousegun caliber. With proper ammo, mousegun .380s can actually reach 11-12 inches of penetration.

http://gunnuts.net/2011/05/18/you-really-dont-need-a-pocket-9mm/

just-say-no.jpg

The one thing I can't get beyond with the 238 is the grip. With my "pinkie" finger hanging onto nothing, I feel unsure of the gun. It looks as though the 938 will have the same problem for me. I'll probably pass on it.

The one thing I can't get beyond with the 238 is the grip. With my "pinkie" finger hanging onto nothing, I feel unsure of the gun. It looks as though the 938 will have the same problem for me. I'll probably pass on it.

Get the 7 round mag with the pinky extension. It makes a world of difference. I have very large hands. I regrip almost every pistol I own to insure comfort. The 238 with the pinky extensions is surprisingly comfortable. One hand on gun second either over first, cup and saucer, grasping my wrist or fetching a mag while firing.

Just ordered the P938 Rosewood model today from Chester Arms, Was gonna get the P238 but after hearing of the P938 I had to have it instead. The wife has had the Rainbow Titanium P238 for a year now and I love it (except for the finish).

Just ordered the P938 Rosewood model today from Chester Arms, Was gonna get the P238 but after hearing of the P938 I had to have it instead. The wife has had the Rainbow Titanium P238 for a year now and I love it (except for the finish).

This is me being jealous. No MA version yet.

Get the 7 round mag with the pinky extension. It makes a world of difference. I have very large hands. I regrip almost every pistol I own to insure comfort. The 238 with the pinky extensions is surprisingly comfortable. One hand on gun second either over first, cup and saucer, grasping my wrist or fetching a mag while firing.

+1...the 7 round mag is a no brainer. I have the Hogue finger notch grips on my 229 and that's mega comfortable, if that gives an idea how big my hands are, and I find the 238 with the extended mag very very comfortable to shoot.

Besides....it's only a .380! :D

Any one know if the 938 is coming to a ma shop soon? I need a pocket gun and this looks like a winner!

I actually was looking into this a month or so ago myself and I called Sig and they said they are working on it but most likely won't be until sometime next year... I dunno if it was fact or if they were just blowing smoke to satisfy my question and get me off the phone but if it is early next year that's only a few months away. I like the P224 also but with the material they used and the fact it is double stack, it is just to big/heavy.

Hmmm that's really cool. Might have to trade my P238 in for one once they're available. I also hope they get the .357SIG 1911's on the roster.

Any one know if the 938 is coming to a ma shop soon? I need a pocket gun and this looks like a winner!

The P938 is likely not approaching what I would consider a pocket gun.

ETA: You probably could do it.... still might be thinner than the P290. [laugh]

-Mike

Last edited:
I just realized I started this thread o so long ago in hopes of getting one of these.

Well I have a p938 in my possession. Unfortunately my favorite holsters that I use with the p238 are not available in the required slightly longer size so I have not yet switched to I as my summer carry.

I should be spending some range time this weekend to get 200+ rounds through it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back
Top Bottom