• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig P938 malfunction

You might need to file the baseplate.

http://sigtalk.com/p238-p938-pistol/29526-p938-7-round-mag-dropping-out-while-firing.html

Common issue apparently. Remind me never to buy a P938 lol.
Lock the slide to the rear.Insert the magazine.
Tap on the bottom of the magazine.
Release the slide.
Fire the gun.

Did the mag drop out? If no, the problem is the fact that you/your wife are not seating them properly.

If yes, contact Sig. Either the mags have been cut wrong for that gun, or the mag release is faulty or the spring isn't strong enough to lock the mag in place....

yona likes this.

Last edited:
that thread was started close to 2 years ago, i'd be wondering if sig acknowledged the problem or not. i don't have a dog in this fight so i'm not going to dig into it but that would be where i'd start. i would have thought sig would have come up with a fix instead of the end user having to modify the magazine so it wouldn't drop out. [grin]

Send it back to Sig. There is an known issue in the magazine catch for some (including mine - since repaired).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this has happened to me but I think the reason is because I might be hitting the mag release... but maybe not? Also when I release the mag the top round pops out of the mag. It just started doing that, after 500 rounds or so in its life.

Back
Top Bottom