• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig p938 looking to purchase

Looking to get a new toy. Looking at the Sig P938.

i don't want the P238.

Want something ideal to carry in warmer months. Carry Sr9c and want to get something a little smaller.

Chances of me finding a XDM 45 is looking slim . Usually the markup is outrageous also.

How much are you guys paying for the 938? I have been seeing prices range from high 600 to 750.

Thanks for all the info.

I have the same EDC (SR9c) and have the exact same mindset about finding something like the 938 for summer carry so this is a good thread for me to follow. I also wouldn't mind an XDs in either .45, or 9mm, but as you mentioned finding one in MA is not so easy, or affordable even when they do show up for sale privately. I'm very excited that the 938 is approved now because I've been holding off on buying a 238 for 2 years now in hopes the 938 would become MA legal.

I just bought one about 2 weeks ago. Have shot it 3 times now and I swear I like it more every time I take it out. Buy one, you wont be dissapointed. I snagged mine for I believe $715ish at my LGS. Perfect for summer carry.

I bought one at Four Seasons Firearms about 2 months ago for $640, they got about 40 of them in and they were gone in a day. You may want to follow them on twitter as they will probably announce on there when they get more or you could give them a call and see if they might know when they will get more in. They're located in Woburn Ma. tel. no. 781-932-3133

Glad to see a bit of positive feedback anyway. How is the felt recoil compared to slightly larger poly framed 9mm models such as the SR9c, M&P, etc.?

Check out KYGunCo.com, they has some models in the low 600s I believe with free shipping and Pullman Arms in Worc will do transfers for $25. If you can wait two weeks or so it works out to be a good deal.

Glad to see a bit of positive feedback anyway. How is the felt recoil compared to slightly larger poly framed 9mm models such as the SR9c, M&P, etc.?

Felt recoil is minimal. Id say less than a SR9c, and less/maybe about the same as a Glock26. Those are the only other compact 9mm guns I have to compare it to. But if you are worried about recoil this gun would be fine as theres not much there at all and is quite manageable. This is my first gun to have a safety (other than my 1911 which isnt carried often) so it does take getting used to, but like said above me if you are comfortable with the 1911 setup the p938 will practically feel like youve owned it forever.

Felt recoil is minimal. Id say less than a SR9c, and less/maybe about the same as a Glock26. Those are the only other compact 9mm guns I have to compare it to. But if you are worried about recoil this gun would be fine as theres not much there at all and is quite manageable. This is my first gun to have a safety (other than my 1911 which isnt carried often) so it does take getting used to, but like said above me if you are comfortable with the 1911 setup the p938 will practically feel like youve owned it forever.

Farce. Recoil is more then my sr9c. But not buy much

The Gun Parlor in Worcester has them on a pretty regular basis, more than anyone else it seems. They are usually $699 or so there.

FS is a bit better on price but I don't understand how Carl works with his distributors or how they work with him, its strange. Carl will get 40 of something that is "hard to get", sell them for a better price than most anyone can offer and then he won't get any more for months upon months. Anyone else notice this? I'm a big FS fan when it comes to ammo stock and (relative to MA) pricing but I'm starting to come to the realization that FS is pretty much only good for that. Firearm stock is subpar on a daily basis compared to *some* other MA shops. Granted most of those other shops will gouge the crap out of you to the tune of $150 more but there is the occasional good guy like the Gun Parlor where they have alot on the shelf for a pretty reasonable price and more consistent shipments of the guns they carry.

The Gun Parlor seems to have a slow and steady trickle of 938's for a slightly higher price, they also seem to get all 938 styles in (that are MA approved) fairly regularly. Its worth following them on FB/Twitter or stopping by. Id say they have 938's on the shelf at least weekly. You gotta act soon after seeing it but, much unlike FS, you can see something online in the morning and it will probably be there in the evening or even the next day. 2 or 3 days probably not. FS just has too much traffic that anything in demand is gone soon after it goes out so you have to get very lucky to show up at the right time or be willing to drop everything and go there. There is a happy medium between stock, pricing and customer traffic at a store and the Gun Parlor seems to be right at it at this early point in its life.

I can't compare to some of the other 9's mentioned because I've never shot them but the 938 is by far the best shooting "pocket 9" I've ever shot. Recoil, IMO, is very minimal. It shoots like a much bigger gun than it is. If you are used to/like the 1911 battery of arms, its a perfect carry gun. I'm not so used to or thrilled with 1911 battery so its a learning curve/conscious effort to have my self in the right mindset to click off the safety and be prepared for an SA trigger pull. Not used to safeties at all, the 938 is the only firearm I've ever used one on. I only own 1 other gun with a safety and thats an FNX 45 and it stays off.

All handguns are MA "legal". Are they arresting me if I have a non list firearm? Don't think so.

You meant to say "compliant" and its not being nitpicky, its an important distinction that confuses people.
I hear you about FS. It's a sh- t show every time I go there. I know they sometimes have better prices on handguns. But the time I drive there, gas and hassle it's sometimes better to buy elsewhere.

I wished he'd I lived in a free state. Just order the damn thing online! But I will keep dreaming until it happens....someday.

Has as anyone shot the XDM 45? Wondering about recoil.

So far good feedback on the Sig.

Thanks guys

The Gun Parlor in Worcester has them on a pretty regular basis, more than anyone else it seems. They are usually $699 or so there.

FS is a bit better on price but I don't understand how Carl works with his distributors or how they work with him, its strange. Carl will get 40 of something that is "hard to get", sell them for a better price than most anyone can offer and then he won't get any more for months upon months. Anyone else notice this? I'm a big FS fan when it comes to ammo stock and (relative to MA) pricing but I'm starting to come to the realization that FS is pretty much only good for that. Firearm stock is subpar on a daily basis compared to *some* other MA shops. Granted most of those other shops will gouge the crap out of you to the tune of $150 more but there is the occasional good guy like the Gun Parlor where they have alot on the shelf for a pretty reasonable price and more consistent shipments of the guns they carry.

Well, thatr's what happens... when you're oveprriced, inventory tends to linger around longer. Actually now that I think of it, Sig might be factory direct. God only knows how they allocate product. They might be able to fill a gun shop like Gun Parlor which probably takes 2 months to sell 10 of those easily while they "turtle" on a 40 or 50 gun backorder that takes longer to fill.

-Mike

My LGS is on par with FS. Usually if he's higher it's maybe 50 bucks. But I'd rather pay 50 more to not have to deal with the BS lines at FS. and not to drive an hour.

I bought one at Four Seasons Firearms about 2 months ago for $640, they got about 40 of them in and they were gone in a day. You may want to follow them on twitter as they will probably announce on there when they get more or you could give them a call and see if they might know when they will get more in. They're located in Woburn Ma. tel. no. 781-932-3133

Same here.

Back
Top Bottom