• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig P938 FTE question

Hey all, it's been a while :)

Had a hiccup with my edc at the range yesterday, the P938. It's had 400 rounds of 115 grain winchester white box through it, and about 40 rounds of the 124 grain gold dot jhp with no problems whatsoever. I was given some (...old looking) boxes of lawman 124 grain tmj at Christmas and used them yesterday, and had 4 FTE over 5 different mags. This seems to be opposite of what I am reading on the Sig forum where people complain of jam ups with anything less than 124 grain. I clean and oil it regularly, has anyone had similar issues?

I've got a P238, which is the .380 version, and a Colt Mustang also in .380. They're both a little particular about the ammo they run.

Given that your 938 previously had no issues, my first thought would be to run some other ammo through it, it may simply not be compatible with your Xmas gift ammo.

I had light primer strikes, FTE & FT Feed, when breaking in my 938. Ammo can be an issue, but also I found that it likes to be cleaned 600-700 rounds vs my M&P. I also saw an immediate improvement by deep cleaning the extractor, cleaning the firing pin, and polishing the feed ramp, I used flitz to a mirror shine with a low speed dremmel, I did that 2 cleanings in a row. My issues all went away. Been happy ever since.

Cleaning the extractor well, picks, brushes, swabs, get in there, will take a while, alot more effort than a quick spray and wipe like the M&P.

So give it a real good cleaning, take it to the range with the problem ammo, see what happens and report back.

my P938 runs just about everything although seems to occasionally FT-extract with some aluminum cased 115gr ammo. case seems to get stuck in chamber and require a massive pull on the slide to remove it. as long as I run brass cased ammo it's fine.....so i just avoid steel and alum cased ammo in the P938 and no issues.

Back
Top Bottom