• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig P938 .22lr target slide conversion kit?

mousegunguy

NES Member
Looking for feedback on the .22 cal target slide conversion kit for the p 938. I found one for around $300. If you own one or have fired one I would like to hear what ya' think of it. Thanks!

I can't help with a review, but my opinion is that while its cool in theory, for $300 you can buy a whole other gun, or quite a lot of 9mm practice ammo for the 938. Maybe once .22 is once again available AND affordable it might make sense, but for now you are just as well off practicing with 9mm inmo.

I have one for a p229. It was finicky at first but it works fine now. My understanding is that they are not actually made by Sig so the quality is not quite to the same level. (Take that for what it's worth.) In any case the quality is not great on them and if you get one like mine you'll have to mess with it a bit to get it to work reliably.

I remember replacing the stock mag springs and followers was the thing that made the most difference. As I recall I also had to clean up some flashing / burrs to get the slide to move smoothly.

Sig sent out e mails with the conversion for 938 on sale, and its on their website under deals & promotions. For about the same price, look at the new M&P compact 22, looks cool!

Why not just buy a Mosquito?

cuz that gun is a POS. i had one and hated it....got rid of it pretty quickly....and yes i polished the feedramp, it was still a POS. it's the only Sig i honestly did not like.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't help with a review, but my opinion is that while its cool in theory, for $300 you can buy a whole other gun, or quite a lot of 9mm practice ammo for the 938. Maybe once .22 is once again available AND affordable it might make sense, but for now you are just as well off practicing with 9mm inmo.

I agree that for $300 could get an SR22 or even a 22/45, however IMO it boils down to how badly I want extra practice with a carry gun. I could see the .22LR conversion for P938 being very useful if the owner wanted to really practice a ton with their carry weapon....in that sense it's totally worth it. but i agree economically there are better ways to shoot 22LR.

the question IMO is basically am I spending $$ to shoot 22LR or to shoot my P938 more often and with less recoil? if the latter then IMO it's worth it.

cuz that gun is a POS. i had one and hated it....got rid of it pretty quickly....and yes i polished the feedramp, it was still a POS. it's the only Sig i honestly did not like.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree that for $300 could get an SR22 or even a 22/45, however IMO it boils down to how badly I want extra practice with a carry gun. I could see the .22LR conversion for P938 being very useful if the owner wanted to really practice a ton with their carry weapon....in that sense it's totally worth it. but i agree economically there are better ways to shoot 22LR.

the question IMO is basically am I spending $$ to shoot 22LR or to shoot my P938 more often and with less recoil? if the latter then IMO it's worth it.

Well I must have a good one because it works perfectly to date. It does require Hi Vel ammo even with the lite spring but it always works so far.

Back
Top Bottom