Sig P365

Probably because some dealers are willing to take the “risk” since they’re both a P365 but one lacks a manual safety. Not like they’re selling the postban 12 round mags with them.
Does a dealer have to report the specific SKU on their paperwork??

Same thing with the Legions. I knew dealers transferring those (before they were compliant) because it’s basically a P226 model and gets reported as a P226.

There's a lot of ways to skin this cat in Mass. Ok, not a lot, but more than one, lol. I may have to go get one. Prefer the no-safety model.

Last edited:
Good luck waiting, I just don't have the patience for that. I need everything yesterday! Regardless if you wait, or pay the extra $100 for one without the safety, it's still cheaper than a G43 after you add a nice set of AmeriGlo night sights to it.

I'll be curious to see which arrives first, the gun or my new LTC. I applied for my renewal 7 weeks ago. I've gotten reasonably good at delayed gratification.

Frank

The takeaway here, is to stop saying X handgun isn’t legal to own/buy in MA unless it’s on “the list”. That’s 100% false. End of story.
Technically this is correct, as I tried to make clear. It is legal to be the buyer and owner. The issue is the seller, and only Dealers not private sales. And this is the law so before you go spreading BS spend some time learning.

And there have been dealers caught selling off list guns. One noted dealer, in order to stay in business, had to agree to recovering the off list Glocks he sold and now has to provide records to the AG whenever she wants. No warrant, no probable cause, no legal right to the records other than the dealer agreeing to this.

But dealers are individuals just like you and me, so if they want to take the risk that's their business. I don't get involved in this because I like the people I do business with and I don't want to see them become the AG's bi@ch.

So go the private sale route and get whatever you want. Or go to a dealer who doesn't care. But know what you are doing.

Bought one this past week and took it to the range for the first time yesterday.

It performed without failure of any type during...
100 rounds of 115 gr. American eagle FMJ
50 rounds Speer Gold Dot 115 gr JHP

I wondered how it would feel shooting seeing as there is about 5/16" slack on the trigger before you get to any meat but it was unnoticeable during actual firing.

Here are a couple things I did notice after 150 rounds...

Primer (striker) drag was fairly significant, I am not worried about it but it is worth noting...
ffiOVET.jpg

Barrel peening was nothing like some photos I have seen on the web but that outside lower left corner of the hood did get a little beat on for the limited use (sorry out of focus)...
HFrHCDw.jpg

Now those two prior items are issues I have heard of before in relation to the P365. This next one is new to me.
The magazine followers are I think unusually scarred up for just 150 rounds of use...
mQhcqyj.jpg

I like the gun and will put my P938 up for a bit and try carrying the P365 with the tested Speer Gold Dots.

:emoji_tiger:

Last edited:
Bought one this past week and took it to the range for the first time yesterday.

I wondered how it would feel shooting seeing as there is about 5/16" slack on the trigger before you get to any meat but it was unnoticeable during actual firing.

Primer (striker) drag was fairly significant, I am not worried about it but it is worth noting...
ffiOVET.jpg

Barrel peening was nothing like some photos I have seen on the web but that outside lower left corner of the hood did get a little beat on for the limited use (sorry out of focus)...
HFrHCDw.jpg

Now those two prior items are issue I have heard of in relation to the P365 before. This next one is new to me.
The magazine followers are I think unusually scarred up for just 150 rounds of use...
mQhcqyj.jpg

I like the gun and will put my P938 up for a bit and try carrying the P365 with the tested Speer Gold Dots.

My drag is about the same, maybe a tad less. I'll look at the barrel. My mags are showing the same indentation and I saw where somebody is selling metal followers due to this.

My mags are showing the same indentation and I saw where somebody is selling metal followers due to this.

Yeah as we know it is normal for followers to get beat up by cartridges and the magazine catch, but the wear seems excessive for my limited use.

Now that I am aware of the issue it was easy to find a thread on Sig specific forum where others discuss the same accelerated wear.

Think I might contact Sig and see what the chance are of a few free followers.

I've got around 1100 rounds thru my December,"!8" 365 with no problems firing 3 different weight FMJ's and 5 different weight and type defensive rounds. I will have to take a look at the followers, my striker drag looks about the same and have not noticed any serious wear on any parts of the barrel. Let us know if you contact Sig about the followers and if they send you some free replacements.

I tried a P365 in the store, feels great, nice trigger, like it better than my G42 trigger. I'm gonna get one.

The grip was long enough with the pinky extension mag. Think I'll get the safety-less version though.

I think since the grip is ok without the extended mag (12 rounder), I will get the regular one instead of XL. Maybe get an XL later, but for carry I think the standard model is better for me.

ffiOVET.jpg

HFrHCDw.jpg

Now those two prior items are issues I have heard of before in relation to the P365. This next one is new to me.
mQhcqyj.jpg

Just took my mag out and inspected it after seeing your follower pic. Mine looked almost identical to yours at first after unloading the rounds, but I noticed that after I wiped it down, it looked better. There is definitely a wear marks there, but the carbon collected around it made it look far worse. After wiping it down, the mark is faint and I can almost not feel it with a fingernail. Wonder if my using a loader that holds down the follower helps reduce wear there. Kind of alarming. Thanks for the heads up.

Sig is planning to offer a kit to convert to manual safety P365. Also the non-safety grip module is listed in the Parts Picker for $40. So you should eventually be able to convert P365s to MS and back, and to XL config and back.

We have just begun shipping the P365 with a manual safety.
We will be offering a retrofit of the manual safety to existing P365 pistols, but there is currently no availability date or pricing for the service or a parts kit to purchase, so please follow us on social media or watch www.sigsauer.com for announcements.

Picked one up today. While I think the front part of the grip has enough room for my fingers, the back of the grip seems a bit short. I might try a grip sleeve.

Anyone found 10-round mag extensions they like? I know NDZ and Shapeways make grip extensions that mimic the 12-round mag.

Picked one up today. While I think the front part of the grip has enough room for my fingers, the back of the grip seems a bit short. I might try a grip sleeve.

Anyone found 10-round mag extensions they like? I know NDZ and Shapeways make grip extensions that mimic the 12-round mag.

The NDZ is ok, but not perfect. I would prefer Sig to offer a 10 round version of their 12 round mag. Their 12 rounder is the perfect size for a spare mag. Easy to reload without pinching your hand.

The NDZ is ok, but not perfect. I would prefer Sig to offer a 10 round version of their 12 round mag. Their 12 rounder is the perfect size for a spare mag. Easy to reload without pinching your hand.

Thanks yeah I agree, maybe they will. I'm also hoping they make a 10 rounder for the XL, then I'll get the XL grip module and put it on my P365, I'll lose the manual safety but I'm ok with that.

Back
Top Bottom