Sig P365

I second that. Huh???
A dealer can't, according to the law, sell a non MA approved handgun.
It's ok to buy one, and it's ok to possess one, as long as you have your permission slip.
So you can buy a non MA approved handgun in a FtF from a private party, just not from a dealer.
This means the gun is not "new", because it has to have already gone through a retail transaction.

I'm pretty sure a sale to LE is exempt.

So a LEO could buy the gun, then decide he made a mistake and sell it in a FtF to anyone with an LTC. But even if he never fired it, it still is not "new".

Add to this that the MA approved P365 has not even shipped yet, and this means no new P365s for MA yet.

Of course I can get one at any of the LGS up here, and 12 round mags.

It's ok to buy one, and it's ok to possess one, as long as you have your permission slip.
So you can buy a non MA approved handgun in a FtF from a private party, just not from a dealer.
This means the gun is not "new", because it has to have already gone through a retail transaction.

So a LEO could buy the gun, then decide he made a mistake and sell it in a FtF to anyone with an LTC. But even if he never fired it, it still is not "new".

Add to this that the MA approved P365 has not even shipped yet, and this means no new P365s for MA yet.

It’s not what you don’t know that gets you, it’s what you think you know, but don’t know.

It’s not what you don’t know that gets you, it’s what you think you know, but don’t know.
I don't see anything but vague comments from you, so please enlighten me.

I'm having a hard time reconciling that Sig is producing a model that is specifically MA compliant, if in fact there is no need for this?

“according to the law” is the operative phrase here. They’re available here ;)

I don't see anything but vague comments from you, so please enlighten me.

I'm having a hard time reconciling that Sig is producing a model that is specifically MA compliant, if in fact there is no need for this?

Can't really address the first part without breaking the 1st rule of Fight Club, sorry.

As for Sig, they do a lot of stupid stuff. Look at HK, they didn't put any stupid safeties or 10 lb triggers on their VP9 for Mass. Sig and S&W interpret the law in unnecessary ways.

Can't really address the first part without breaking the 1st rule of Fight Club, sorry.

As for Sig, they do a lot of stupid stuff. Look at HK, they didn't put any stupid safeties or 10 lb triggers on their VP9 for Mass. Sig and S&W interpret the law in unnecessary ways.
First off I made it clear I was talking about legally obtaining a p365 and I made specific reference to that, so yes someone can illegally obtain one. Seems like a poor hill to die on given that there are legal avenues, but you do what you want, we all have different levels of acceptable risk.

And you comments about the VP9 just show a lack of knowledge. The vp9 has a trigger safety (like a glock), so it has the required safety. As for Sig, I had a conversation with one of their guys about this very issue, 10lb trigger v. safety. They made an internal decision not to go the 10lb trigger route. All the Mfg. that seek MA approval make their own decision how to do it. But they all do it, or opt not to get approval.

And don't go off saying I'm endorsing any particular law. I'm talking about the way things are, not some fantasy of the way they "should" be.

First off I made it clear I was talking about legally obtaining a p365 and I made specific reference to that, so yes someone can illegally obtain one. Seems like a poor hill to die on given that there are legal avenues, but you do what you want, we all have different levels of acceptable risk.

And you comments about the VP9 just show a lack of knowledge. The vp9 has a trigger safety (like a glock), so it has the required safety. As for Sig, I had a conversation with one of their guys about this very issue, 10lb trigger v. safety. They made an internal decision not to go the 10lb trigger route. All the Mfg. that seek MA approval make their own decision how to do it. But they all do it, or opt not to get approval.

And don't go off saying I'm endorsing any particular law. I'm talking about the way things are, not some fantasy of the way they "should" be.

What I'm talking about is completely legal, for the FFL and the buyer. Maybe rather than posting all this incorrect info, go find out how to buy free state guns legally in Mass.

Yeah, Sig chose to 'innovate' and ended up with triggers that discharge when dropped. I'm all for innovation, but maybe get it right before selling the guns?

After you set us straight on the "legal" process for handguns in Mass maybe slide over to the storage/transportation in Mass threads. We could use some help there too.

Ok good now that is all settled...

When is the Sig P365 with manual safety hitting the streets? My wife held a P365 last week and won’t stop talking about. Never seen her so excited over a firearm before.

I showed her the laser so of course she wants that too. Anyone have any experience with the Lima365? They did a good job making it seem like part of the gun. I heard early models had issues with the switch being hard to activate. Is it hard to zero or change batteries?

I've been hearing August, but I'll ask the Sig rep tomorrow.

Ok good now that is all settled...

When is the Sig P365 with manual safety hitting the streets? My wife held a P365 last week and won’t stop talking about. Never seen her so excited over a firearm before.

I showed her the laser so of course she wants that too. Anyone have any experience with the Lima365? They did a good job making it seem like part of the gun. I heard early models had issues with the switch being hard to activate. Is it hard to zero or change batteries?

What I'm talking about is completely legal, for the FFL and the buyer. Maybe rather than posting all this incorrect info, go find out how to buy free state guns legally in Mass.
This. Anyone of us could have LEGALLY bought one of these when they were first released. No need to wait around for the compliance list to be updated. That list is meaningless essentially.

The takeaway here, is to stop saying X handgun isn’t legal to own/buy in MA unless it’s on “the list”. That’s 100% false. End of story.

FYI, I just got off the phone with a dealer in MA who has the P365 in stock brand new (it's even on their website). They claim that they're MA compliant, but with no manual safeties.

Frank
Probably because some dealers are willing to take the “risk” since they’re both a P365 but one lacks a manual safety. Not like they’re selling the postban 12 round mags with them.
Does a dealer have to report the specific SKU on their paperwork??

Same thing with the Legions. I knew dealers transferring those (before they were compliant) because it’s basically a P226 model and gets reported as a P226.

FYI, I just got off the phone with a dealer in MA who has the P365 in stock brand new (it's even on their website). They claim that they're MA compliant, but with no manual safeties.

Frank
All I will say is the version Sig says is MA compliant is not even shipping yet.
Since the law puts the burden on the selling dealer, what this dealer is doing is not your problem.

This. Anyone of us could have LEGALLY bought one of these when they were first released. No need to wait around for the compliance list to be updated. That list is meaningless essentially.

The takeaway here, is to stop saying X handgun isn’t legal to own/buy in MA unless it’s on “the list”. That’s 100% false. End of story.
Nailed it!

Finally made it to the range today to try it. Put a hundred rounds of American Eagle 115, hundred rounds of Remington Range, twenty-five rounds of Critical Defense 115 and twenty rounds of HST 150. No issues. Was able to hit the broad side of the barn. Used three magazines, two stock, and one with a switched out baseplate. Started loading the magazines by hand, although tough, was able to do it. Did switch over to a uplula, as I normally do at the range anyway. Definitely felt like they were going in easier towards the end of my time at the range. Did check some of the primers after shooting, and there is "some" drag. For me, overall I liked it, felt reliable, easy to shoot. Probably add it to the ones I carry depending on circumstances. (currently, in no particular order, 1911 compact, Shield 45, P938, S&W Airweight J frame, and now this). The advantage of this of course is the extra three rounds.

Well, since I'm in no particular hurry to run out and pay a premium for a P365 now, and I kinda like the idea of a manual safety, I put a deposit down today on one of the MA compliant ones (with the safety) at Four Seasons that will likely arrive July/August. I was quoted a price of $499, which I thought was quite reasonable.

Frank

Back
Top Bottom