Sig P365

I am going to wait until Sig fixes the problem with the firing pins breaking that they deny, but will figure out.

FWIW the Kahr PM9 is still smaller, but the 10 round mag makes the 365 very desirable.

That makes sense. FWIW though, I rented a P365 at a local range and stacked my PM9 on top of it for comparison. It is true that the PM is smaller but it is barely detectable. The P365 is a tad heavier though, which is detectible.

Was just at the range yesterday plinking steel with my CM9 and I must say it is an awesome pocket pistol to carry. Not one problem in 300 rounds so far. That being said I have my Sig P250C in .45 acp for carry and I’m going for the Sig P365 as well. Just waiting for a good deal. I figure anyone that carries should carry several. Just like your avatar!

Yeah, my PM9 always surprises me with it's accuracy and reliability. My only complaint is that the spare magazine will sometimes loose a round. I don't carry a BUG often, but you are right, Two is one, one is none.

If anyone cares, here are a few rounds I picked up from shooting today. Lost most in the snow. The primer drag is real, but seems less than the first build guns. Mine was built 12/29/18, so very recent. Funny thing is, on the Aguila 124gr, there is no drag, on the WWB 115gr, there is some. The degree seems to vary shot to shot. On my carry ammo, 124gr HST, there is none as well (not pictured).

20190210_121513.jpg

Thanks for the update

No problemo. Will continue to update as well. So far just shy of 600rds though it with no hiccups. Haven't cleaned it once except when I first got it (it was oily as F). Nothing crazy either; wiped it down, little Ballistol, that's it. I'm in love with this gun.

So, I compared the Shield to the 365 yesterday and there really isn't much difference in size. I almost bought the 365 but didn't.

So, I compared the Shield to the 365 yesterday and there really isn't much difference in size. I almost bought the 365 but didn't.

In the extended mag configuration the P365 carries 4 more rounds of 9mm. 8 +1 for the Shield and 12 +1 for the P365, that's significant to me. The P365 is also +P rated, speed kills.

first observation of a new 365 owner.. The mags are the toughest to load of any brand I've ever loaded. ordered a Makershot speed loader for it but seems to me Sig should include one with the gun like Glock does.

first observation of a new 365 owner.. The mags are the toughest to load of any brand I've ever loaded. ordered a Makershot speed loader for it but seems to me Sig should include one with the gun like Glock does.

That seems to be one of the biggest complaints about the gun, see my review, My P365 Range Trip/Observations Update #3.
I also could not seat the 12 round mags with the slide closed, so called Sig and asked about it. The rep said they will seat but may require "extra force", said just slam it in there, you will not break anything, he also said to leave the mags loaded between range trips and eventually they will ease up a bit. I took this advice and next range trip was able to seat the 12 round mags on a closed slide and the gun functioned fine. I use a Maglula Uploader to load mags, it works great, but I agree that Sig should probably include a mag loader like Glock does. Good luck with your 365, I absolutely love mine!

I’m ok with mags that are difficult to load. If that’s the only drawback. I won’t ever expect to break open a box of ammo and load them under duress. Besides, they are easy to load with the Maglula loader. Otherwise, I think the gun is great they the first 500 rounds.

Give it a few hundred rounds, they loosen up. But yeah, right out of the box they're a little tight.

If anyone cares, here are a few rounds I picked up from shooting today. Lost most in the snow. The primer drag is real, but seems less than the first build guns. Mine was built 12/29/18, so very recent. Funny thing is, on the Aguila 124gr, there is no drag, on the WWB 115gr, there is some. The degree seems to vary shot to shot. On my carry ammo, 124gr HST, there is none as well (not pictured).

View attachment 268906

Somehow not shocked at this, given that a lot of 9mm handguns perform much better with 124gr ammunition....

-Mike

In the extended mag configuration the P365 carries 4 more rounds of 9mm. 8 +1 for the Shield and 12 +1 for the P365, that's significant to me. The P365 is also +P rated, speed kills.
The Shield isn’t +P rated?

After trying one with the 12 round mag I'm thinking of it as more of a 11+1 than a 12+1

After trying one with the 12 round mag I'm thinking of it as more of a 11+1 than a 12+1

I started with 11, put one in the chamber, used a pencil eraser to get 12 in the mag, then inserted the mag for 12 +1. After a while, it gets easier to load the mag by thumbs.

Yes, it is.

I looked on the website, no mention of +P. Every pistol on S&W that is rated +P is clearly noted.

EDIT: The online manual says its ok,

• “Plus-P” (+P) ammunition generates pressures in excess of the pressures associated with standard ammunition. Such pressures may affect the wear characteristics and may result in the need for more frequent service.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom