Sig P365

Crap, now there's another one I'm gonna need to overpay for to get in MA.

I doubt it, when it actually hits street it will be available in MA (via some means) not more than a week or so later... for not much money over GB avg. cost.

-Mike

What sorcery is this?! I'm trying to imagine how they fit 3 more rounds in a magazine pretty much the same size as one for a shield.

This is the gun that was obviously missing from Sig line up and hopefully it was worth the wait to the single stack-striker party. The 10+1 capacity without extendos is a show stopper. I generally wait a 9-12 months before picking up a new model but I might just jump on the "beta-testing" group.
The proprietary rail system is a little dopy, but at least it has a rail (unlike my G43). The p320 subcompact has a standard 1913 rail but I could only find one light that actually fits on it (a crappy veridian). At least Sig will be developing a light/laser specifically for this model.
Want.

Reminds me of a Taurus. Looks very boring and bland to me. To me Sig pistols always have a nice touch of class, this one is lacking that in my eyes. Ten round standard capacity is nice for us MA folks. If I can only buy new 10 round mags there is no reason for me to have that extra grip length of those cc pistols with a 12 round standard cap mag. Maybe the looks will grow on me with time, but for now it's a solid pass.

Reminds me of a Taurus. Looks very boring and bland to me. To me Sig pistols always have a nice touch of class, this one is lacking that in my eyes. Ten round standard capacity is nice for us MA folks. If I can only buy new 10 round mags there is no reason for me to have that extra grip length of those cc pistols with a 12 round standard cap mag. Maybe the looks will grow on me with time, but for now it's a solid pass.

Most of the rest of Sigs product line outside of like this gun and like 3 others are f***ing school buses, though, So I'll cut them a lot of slack. There's going to be compromises to make it actually competitive with its peers. This is a carry gun, not some fancy pants Equinox faglaroid edition super xiectalux shiny BBQ gun that meatheads show off to their friends, lol. Also you didn't read the specs, 10 is native, 12 is extended....

-Mike

Sig will probably need to put a manual safety on it to be MA compliant like they did with the 320. Of course the barrel will need the ma**h*** too.

I need to understand how their mag capactiy witchcraft works. From Sigtalk:
sigp365vg43.png

Well it wouldn't be a new Sig without a few minor issues:

can they claim 10 rounds if on each mag one of the 10 fails to load?

Unfortunately, with at least one round in every magazine on that first day, the pistol failed to completely go into battery. Initially, SIG employees told me I was limp wristing the pistol. As I was wearing gloves and it was very cold, I figured we’d see if that was actually the problem once we were inside on the second day. However, it turned out that all of the press, and a couple of SIG personnel shooting the pistol that day, experienced the same issue.

But he goes on to say he thinks it was the particular lubricant wasn't suited to the cold weather. No issues when they changed lubricants and went indoors.

The failure to go into battery issues went away. In fact, I had zero malfunctions and I fired three times as many rounds in the second day as the first. Based on this, I’d say that the lubricant used the first day was not appropriate for the environment. It’s an important issue which few consider until they are in that situation.

Back
Top Bottom