• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig P365

How do they get 10 rounds in a 1" wide frame?

I looked at a Sig P-365 yesterday and they are small. So, how do they get 10 rounds in that magazine ? According to the dealer unlike most pistols the P-365 was designed around the magazine. All this being said I am not yet a fanboy of this pistol. With my 100% reliable Shield, the pistol I have trusted my life with for the last several years I get 9 rounds verses 11 rounds in a package not much bigger than the Sig. Even though I've heard that the first P-365 were having some problems that is to be expected with any first generation pistol. Now I'm not putting down the little Sig, I think it would make a good second pistol for me, but unless the price point is reasonable I will never buy one. With all the inexpensive pistols out there why would any pay top dollar for this Sig. The dealer also said if the P-365 becomes Massachusetts approved the price will be between $550 to $600. A that price I don't think I will be selling my Shield anytime soon. Has anyone else took a good look at this pistol yet ?

I may have mentioned pages ago I got to fondle one this past June in Mo-zurry (or Misery, aka Missouri). Damned small package. A bit more comfortable than the G43. But the grip (the part that prints) is NOT as thin as a G43.

The cutie at the gun counter at Whiteman AFB was all ready to sell me one. LOL. I forget the price. But she was pretty chill.

I may have mentioned pages ago I got to fondle one this past June in Mo-zurry (or Misery, aka Missouri). Damned small package. A bit more comfortable than the G43. But the grip (the part that prints) is NOT as thin as a G43.

That's a reasonable trade-off for 10 rounds, but I get annoyed when they come out with 'carry guns' with things like a short barrel/slide. The HK VP9sk for example - short slide and long fat grip, if you get the extended, which you need to if you have more than 3 fingers on your hand. Focus on the stuff that matters for IWB - like thin grip - a short slide isn't much help.

The cutie at the gun counter at Whiteman AFB was all ready to sell me one. LOL. I forget the price. But she was pretty chill.

Maybe a millimeter on the width, but the G43 is bigger front to back especially at the palm swell.

Sig Sauer P365 vs. Glock 43 | Size matters | The Loadout Room

Look at the third pic. Tell me that's only a mm. The SLIDE is thinner by a mm. The grip is significantly thicker. Mind you, it adds significantly to the feel and probably stability. But it will be marginally fatter while being concealed.

I was going just by looking at them side by side, but I can break out the calipers tonight. It's a bit deceiving in that pic because of the raised texturing on the Glock.

Actually I went ahead and looked it up:

P365 - .9945 inches
G43 - .957 inches

So difference of 0.0375 inches = 0.9525 mm

Either way they're both super easy to conceal.

Well color me shocked. It SEEMS significantly wider to me. Not crazy-so. I mean, I've concealed a G26 for years. It also definitely makes it more comfortable to hold and likely to shoot.

I called "the guy" today and placed my order for the P365. This will be the first "NIB gun" I've bought in many years. I was never a fan of the Glocks and striker fired guns in general but the size of this gun is attractive being smaller than the 232. I'll most likely give that one to my wife.

Hope I don't regret it.

They are readily available If you know who to call. I got mine 2 weeks ago, put 300 flawless rounds through it last week. I'm in love. Best CC gun I've ever owned. Shoots way better than expected, even off hand (I have a significant left wrist injury). Going to be my MA EDC 365 except in Maine where I can carry whatever without anyone caring about printing etc. Mind you, I'm 5'3" 150lbs. Tried it with a tee shirt, no printing, even bending over etc. 20190207_154544.jpg

They are readily available If you know who to call. I got mine 2 weeks ago, put 300 flawless rounds through it last week. I'm in love. Best CC gun I've ever owned. Shoots way better than expected, even off hand (I have a significant left wrist injury). Going to be my MA EDC 365 except in Maine where I can carry whatever without anyone caring about printing etc. Mind you, I'm 5'3" 150lbs. Tried it with a tee shirt, no printing, even bending over etc.View attachment 268429

Do you find that comfortable, looks like 3:30 oclock? I carry more like 4 oclock or a little further back, thought it conceals better there.

Hard to find down south too--big sellers. The average price I see here is $499, even at gun shows. I like it. 500 rounds so far with zero issues. It's accurate and easy to shoot. I use the 12rd mag--the extension allows all fingers to contact--comfortable to hold and easy to carry. This is the first striker pistol I've shot. The trigger was a little gritty at first but is smoothing out. At some point, I'll polish it a bit. (good youtube videos out there). After a little more trigger time, I can easily see this becoming my everyday carry pistol.

I was at collectors gallery the other day and asked billy about them and he said he will have them in a couple months.

Do you find that comfortable, looks like 3:30 oclock? I carry more like 4 oclock or a little further back, thought it conceals better there.

I carry just about 4 o clock. That photo was a weird angle. Fits perfect. Comfy when sitting standing driving, even laying down. Vedder Light Tuck with Claw

5D332C4E-D843-459A-B691-6E1D0047EFCC.jpeg I just picked up my Glock 43 from George Saati Northeast Gun Works (Hudson, NH) - he milled the slide to mount an old Trijicon RMR02 I had on a Suarez Int’l Narrow Slide Adapter (NSA) and mounted 1/3 cowitness iron sights. I have an Overwatch Precision TAC Trigger kit installed and a Streamlight TLR-6 Light/Laser. It carries AIWB in a Tulster holster I modified to clear the optic.

Only 6+1 (with a 2nd mag in a small IWB pouch) for 13rd carried but it’ll do for me. It shoot quite well for me at 10yd.

You can find them in MA shops for sale, expect to pay retail though ($599). It may be worth it though because when the manual safety version comes out you'll likely be paying $550 anyway at first. I would rather spend the extra $50 and not have to deal with the safety.

I am going to wait until Sig fixes the problem with the firing pins breaking that they deny, but will figure out.

FWIW the Kahr PM9 is still smaller, but the 10 round mag makes the 365 very desirable.

Was just at the range yesterday plinking steel with my CM9 and I must say it is an awesome pocket pistol to carry. Not one problem in 300 rounds so far. That being said I have my Sig P250C in .45 acp for carry and I’m going for the Sig P365 as well. Just waiting for a good deal. I figure anyone that carries should carry several. Just like your avatar!

View attachment 268734 I just picked up my Glock 43 from George Saati Northeast Gun Works (Hudson, NH) - he milled the slide to mount an old Trijicon RMR02 I had on a Suarez Int’l Narrow Slide Adapter (NSA) and mounted 1/3 cowitness iron sights. I have an Overwatch Precision TAC Trigger kit installed and a Streamlight TLR-6 Light/Laser. It carries AIWB in a Tulster holster I modified to clear the optic.

Only 6+1 (with a 2nd mag in a small IWB pouch) for 13rd carried but it’ll do for me. It shoot quite well for me at 10yd.

Are you laying on the floor practicing tactical rolls? [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom