Sig P365

looks like people are having the following issues w P365, all of which look legit:
-snapped firing pins
-failure to go into battery
-lightstrikes, which may be related to the above battery issue

I wonder if some of the battery issues are people accidentally pressing on the slide-release and gumming up the works. There was that one guy that had severe peening between slide and bbl. Although I've seen other guys that have run it with zero issues. (Hickok45 being one - ran a TON of ammo through his.) Even guys that have had lockup issues.

I have confidence that SIG is gonna get this fixed. Because they need to solve it before everyone forgets this gun and their potential sales drop precipitously.

I figure by 6-8 months from now, they'll have the MA EOPS approval AND a good gun and the rest of the country will have bought enough of them so that demand is lower.

The issue is a barrel to slide fitment issue. The area of the barrel where it meets the chamber is slamming against the nose of the slide on the inside of the gun. Its causing peening and failure to go into battery issues, as well as light strikes because it isn't in battery.

As other have said they have halted shipments.

I picked up my P365.2 yesterday. Stripped it, cleaned it and lubed it.
Just came back from the range. I put 100 rounds of Blazer 124g FMJ and 50 rounds of Speer Gold Dot through it without a hitch. The trigger is sweet and the recoil is softer than my other small 9’s. No issue knocking down the steel plates at 15 yards.
I’m very pleased.

Last edited:
I've been pretty happy with my shield the past few years, but Im gonna have to check this out when they hit MA. I just wonder how they'll ruin the MA complaint version?

No need to get rid of your 938. I have one and I love it too. Alloy frame, easy to use, very compact, very accurate for a small gun, never jams or mis-feeds, just a really nice little gun. Much more accurate than my other compact gun, Ruger LC9.

I hear you. My 938 isn't going anywhere. I'll be getting a 365, but I'll be keeping the 938, since it's has turned out to be a nice, lightweight, little woods walker and it wacks snakes very well. I don't like those damn snakes.

Looks like a great little pistol. It seems like Sig has a tendency to rush to market with their latest tech advances though. I will probably wait till fall before buying one. Going to wait till fall to get my P320rx upgrade as well. Hopefully all the kinks will be worked out by then.

I picked up my P365.2 yesterday. Stripped it, cleaned it and lubed it.
Just came back from the range. I put 100 rounds of Blazer 124g FMJ and 50 rounds of Speer Gold Dot through it without a hitch. The trigger is sweet and the recoil is softer than my other small 9’s. No issue knocking diwn the steel plates at 15 yards.
I’m very pleased.

So the updated version is out now?

Got one in and put 100 rounds through it today, great little gun. Fed it 50 rounds of Speer Lawman 147gn, 20 rounds of Federal American Eagle 115gn, and 30 rounds of various reloads(124gn JHP/FMJ) - ate it all. It's a very shootable gun for being so small.

A question for those of you who have managed to get one of these: Does the P365 have a steel frame or a polymer frame? I have seen conflicting info RE the frame. The Sig Sauer website says a stainless steel frame w/Nitron finish so I will assume a steel frame, but I'm just curious.
Thank you.

A question for those of you who have managed to get one of these: Does the P365 have a steel frame or a polymer frame? I have seen conflicting info RE the frame. The Sig Sauer website says a stainless steel frame w/Nitron finish so I will assume a steel frame, but I'm just curious.
Thank you.

I think they're referring to the FCU, the grip is polymer like the 320.

Are these the most expensive current production low capacity mags?

Magazines
mag-365-9-10.jpg

I was number 400 on the order list at the pro shop. I ordered my P365 February 17. I got call it was in on Thursday and I picked it up then. I got super lucky and was able to get the employee discount. Took it to the range today and it is amazing. It is worth the $540 the pro shop wanted let alone the price I got, which now feels like stealing lol.

I had heard there were 400 people in line behind me who had also ordered the gun.

Lots of dealers are backordered on this pup, probably get one when summer actually gets here and the bugs will have been stamped out, etc. Or later, if this gun really
is that good its going to fall into the "shield rape" phenomenon where they can't produce enough guns and its overpriced because of supply/demand, but we'll see how that pans
out.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom