• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig P365

Is there any reason for someone to choose a p320 over this?
More capacity, easier to shoot, optics compatible, can mount a light easily. I shoot my G19 better than my shield. The 365 May have narrowed the gap you’re referencing though.

More capacity, easier to shoot, optics compatible, can mount a light easily. I shoot my G19 better than my shield. The 365 May have narrowed the gap you’re referencing though.

Like the g26 you have the option (in free states) to use all of the full size p320 mags. In mass no-go pogo. Also it is very shootable due to the extra mass.
The p320 subcompact is only light/optics combatible in the sense that there exists a rail that hypothetically one could mount a light/laser. To my knowledge there is currently only option to do so (veridian C5L) which you are probably better off not using.

Was referring to Sigs issues/recalls of new production guns as Squib308 mentioned... who pissed in your cornflakes?
I did while contemplating buying a RDB.

KELTEC-Drink-Urine-Piss.jpg

$600 is asking a lot when ruger and smith offer similar for half the price. I guess in states with mag limits this is maximizes capacity for CC and is worth it to some. Im very impressed with double stack at 27mm wide.

$600 is asking a lot when ruger and smith offer similar for half the price. I guess in states with mag limits this is maximizes capacity for CC and is worth it to some. Im very impressed with double stack at 27mm wide.
They won't sell for that much. If you put night sights and did the trigger on the Shield you'd probably be in for more $$ than the 365 will sell for.

How much of a difference is there really between a P320 sub compact and the Sig P365 not enough to be bothered getting it when you can have 12 different configurations with the P320

I'll wait a while after they become MA compliant before I consider buying one. I don't like to jump on the bandwagon of a new product right out the door. Let the dust settle and all the little quirks get ironed out first. Also, I haven't seen any actual live fire video reviews yet to hear what the experts have to say when they do the side by side comparisons.

I saw this come across the wires a few days ago...it certainly looks interesting. After carrying a 1911 for 25+ years, I bought my first 9mm this past summer, a SIG SP2022, which I love but like my 1911, it is a bit bulky to be carrying everyday. I will have to slide down to Shooter's or Riley's sometime and see what it feels like in my hands.

How much of a difference is there really between a P320 sub compact and the Sig P365 not enough to be bothered getting it when you can have 12 different configurations with the P320

I am sitting with a subcompact 365 and a g43 and based on the image overlap Well see the 365 will be smaller than the p320 in every dimension around 0.25-0.5 length and width although not significantly thinner (only -0.06). The controls look to be more low profiled and geared toward concealment. How much that is worth to you? If you already carry a 320 SC probably this a big enough change to make a difference and justify a jump.
HOWEVER, have a feeling that Sig is going to be fully flushing out this model with all the options with MANY grip frame/slide color combinations (ie p938), with lights/lasers (and perhaps grip frames with modules integrated), models with and without thumb safeties etc.
I think the there target demographic will be the new gun owner which only has one gun so the modularity for different frame/slide size combos or sharing of common magazines is any interest.

I am not giving up my Glock 26 either. I dont need a rail on a sub compact gun anyways, a funky light defeats the purpose of a small concealable pistol, the sig if it ever gets put on the MA roster? will have a horribly heavy trigger and/or a manual safety.

I am not giving up my Glock 26 either. I dont need a rail on a sub compact gun anyways, a funky light defeats the purpose of a small concealable pistol, the sig if it ever gets put on the MA roster? will have a horribly heavy trigger and/or a manual safety.
So don’t get the ma compliant one. I also don’t think this pistol is meant to replace a Glock 26 or something like it. You can carry the normal 10+1 in the Glock and a 17 round spate for a total of 28, which is a lot better than the sig, especially in MA. I currently carry a shield which totals 17 shots. The sig much better replaces the shield with 21 shots than the Glock. My shield also has limited capabilities with respect to lights or lasers. I have heard the tlr 6 is good, but that’s a topic for another day.

They won't sell for that much. If you put night sights and did the trigger on the Shield you'd probably be in for more $$ than the 365 will sell for.

That was my thought. I'd buy a Shield, just for S&G even, but it sticks in my craw that I've got to drop an extra $100 on a trigger when I buy it. Add night sights is another $100. HAVING sights is a plus, but not a deal-breaker. But it'll make the price more palatable.

At about 3am, I woke thinking about this. LOL

It's .3" thinner. An inch shorter front-to-back and .4" shorter in height. Oh, and it's almost a half-pound lighter. (25oz vs 18.)

I was thinking, at 3am, what you were. Then I checked. I'll wait. It's smaller enough to justify me waiting.

My 938 should feel threatened, as much as I love it.
Not a fan of the 365's looks, or the rail, but the 43 I was going to buy isn't a looker either.
The ergonomics of the 365 look awesome too, if you like the sig feel.
No need to get rid of your 938. I have one and I love it too. Alloy frame, easy to use, very compact, very accurate for a small gun, never jams or mis-feeds, just a really nice little gun. Much more accurate than my other compact gun, Ruger LC9.

Fourseaon

"Sig Sauer P365 9mm update:
The nice folks at Sig have submitted this model for MA certification. Depending on how quickly it gets done and the release of “THE LIST” it could take upwards of 6 months (hopefully less) before we see any. Also, Sig Legions and 320’s in .45 are on order and should be arriving any day."

I think they made the magazine first then designed the gun around it so this wouldn't really apply to anything that is currently being sold. Don't think other manufacturers would also design something new around a magazine patented by Sig either. So people are stuck with Sig if they want to squeeze out a few more rounds in a small package.
Like to see where MecGar stands in this. They make all the Sig Mags so I would not be surprised to see that they had a major role in this.

Interested to see how this maganize style gets worked into full size pistols with extra high capacity. Of course we won't be able to benefit from it in Ma.

It's not going to anytime soon. There's likely some "compromise" going on here that may not scale out well, etc. Not to mention in full size pistols you're
not really space constrained at that point.

-Mike

One of my biggest beefs with the P320 was the fact that ground up designed a new pistol and left magazine capacity at 17. If they had gone for 19 or 20, that pistol would have been so much more appealing to me.

They make a 21 round mag if you really want more. After a point the weight probably starts getting a little retarded, and you're not going to
get 20 rounds inside a grip frame without making the whole thing ungainly. Glock probably has one of the more efficient designs out there and they still
only get 17 in the mag.

-Mike

Yeahbut. . . . moar is bedder! LOL

A billion years ago, back when Eastern Bloc magazines were CHEAP, I bought an AK drum and loaded it up. Put it in my AK. Then took it out and emptied it manually. LOL Gosh that thing was stupid heavy. Pretty sure it was a 100rd drum. I think I paid $60 or $70. Even during the AWB, EB mags were dirt cheap.

But I concur. There won't be offshoots. Who, in 45+ states, wants a full-size gun with a 10rd capacity when you could get 15-18???

It's not going to anytime soon. There's likely some "compromise" going on here that may not scale out well, etc. Not to mention in full size pistols you're
not really space constrained at that point.

-Mike

This is what I was wondering...it’s a hybrid size mag so to scale it up I feel like the capacity is going to be lacking such that other pistols would be better choices with more capacity at the same size...I don’t see that serialized trigger ever going into other frames that aren’t out yet...probably would have been better be a one off

Back
Top Bottom