Sig P365: Production Halted

Shipping already resumed.
New recoil spring weight for the FRB issue and additional slide machining to eliminate the peening problem. Plus sights upgraded to xray3 going forward.

Are these coming through massholia yet? I have a connection at sig that could get me a phenomenal price, but it of course would have to go through an MA FFL.

Mike

Nowadays almost every first generation pistol has some issues. Sig P-320 and the new Ruger Mark 4 to name just a few. The pressure on gun makers to produce their pistols fast and cheap so that someone might unseat the king, meaning Glock. If and when that does happen it will not be the result of sloppy workmanship or pushing safety aside as many gun makers have done in the past. It seems like everyone but the gun makers know that quality takes time and never comes cheap. Hey ! There are plenty of cheap pistols on the market. How about building pistols like they use to, you know like those all German Sig's. Years ago I bought my all German Sig P-228 & 225 and have fired thousands of rounds through them without a single problem. I wish I could say the same about some of the newer pistols I've bought.

You know, I'm going to buy one of those guns that don't have to go back to the factory for a fix. Like a Shield. Or a XDs. Or a Glock. One of them perfect-the-first-time safe ones. ;)

I've watched a ton of videos on the P365. High thumbs looked like a culprit in many of them.

The only pause I have is that everyone seemed to have no issues with 124gr bullets and problems with 115's. Will a stronger recoil spring increase 115 problems in other ways??? Time will tell.

Are these coming through massholia yet? I have a connection at sig that could get me a phenomenal price, but it of course would have to go through an MA FFL.

Mike

Not on the stupid list here yet, not that I would care anyways. But if you're looking to do it the laze way, not happening.

-Mike

Nowadays almost every first generation pistol has some issues. Sig P-320 and the new Ruger Mark 4 to name just a few. The pressure on gun makers to produce their pistols fast and cheap so that someone might unseat the king, meaning Glock. If and when that does happen it will not be the result of sloppy workmanship or pushing safety aside as many gun makers have done in the past. It seems like everyone but the gun makers know that quality takes time and never comes cheap. Hey ! There are plenty of cheap pistols on the market. How about building pistols like they use to, you know like those all German Sig's. Years ago I bought my all German Sig P-228 & 225 and have fired thousands of rounds through them without a single problem. I wish I could say the same about some of the newer pistols I've bought.

It has nothing to do with unseating glock and everything to do with the fact that the post sandy hook gun owner, as a whole, is way more willing to accept schloque product than the market was 10-15 years ago, so what you're seeing now is the inevitable outcome of a lowering of standards in the industry. People have been putting up with "quality slipping" since the Obama admin so the manufacturers are running with that notion, on commodity stuff. S&W, Glock, Sig, others, have taken big shortcuts in overall QC since back then.

-Mike

Not on the stupid list here yet, not that I would care anyways. But if you're looking to do it the laze way, not happening.

-Mike

Unfortunately if I get it through my connection at sig they'd probably only send the whole gun to a dealer. I can ask though. Looks like it'll have no problem making the list.

Mike

I have found my dozens of NH Made Sigs to be among the finest firearms I have personally owned and sold at a retail level. EVERY manufacturer has issues, but saying that the company is systematically flawed is garbage.

IMHO sig has gone up and down in QC in the past decade or so. Several years ago a lot of the guns coming out of NH were pretty friggan bad. I remember
talking to a guy at an MA gun shop that was basically like "Yeah every shipment there would be at least one or two guns that were pretty much broken right in the
box, you could tell just by hand cycling the gun that it was never going to work." I think they've generally come forward a bit from back then.

It's not much of a push to suggest that nearly every major manufacturer has had some MAJOR issues in the past decade or so. All you can really do these days
on any kind of a commodity handgun is take it out and shoot the piss out of it to see if you got a good one or not. Not that you shouldn't do that
anyways, but the old days of opening a box and being bored by the reliability because of the high QC level on a product are pretty much long gone, unless its an
HK, CZ, Walther, Tanfo, or something produced in relatively limited numbers.

-Mike

Sig has been a good company to deal with. I did buy a 320 Compact last year. I sent it back to Sig for the voluntary recall and got it back in a week.
Sig is shipping the improved P365 now and I picked up a newly minted P365 yesterday. It has the new Xray3 sights, spring and barrel mods. I'm glad I waited.
Haven't fired it yet. Maybe this weekend.

I've only sold a few firearms. The only two I sold because I just didn't like them were newer Sig designs.

Love their old designs. Love their older guns. But they have issues IMHO.

Sig used to stand for quality. I don't see it anymore.

IMHO sig has gone up and down in QC in the past decade or so. Several years ago a lot of the guns coming out of NH were pretty friggan bad. I remember
talking to a guy at an MA gun shop that was basically like "Yeah every shipment there would be at least one or two guns that were pretty much broken right in the
box, you could tell just by hand cycling the gun that it was never going to work." I think they've generally come forward a bit from back then.

It's not much of a push to suggest that nearly every major manufacturer has had some MAJOR issues in the past decade or so. All you can really do these days
on any kind of a commodity handgun is take it out and shoot the piss out of it to see if you got a good one or not. Not that you shouldn't do that
anyways, but the old days of opening a box and being bored by the reliability because of the high QC level on a product are pretty much long gone, unless its an
HK, CZ, Walther, Tanfo, or something produced in relatively limited numbers.

-Mike

This is not the first time Sig Sauer pulls this kind of of shit for the new models. I won't touch any Sig unless it's a legacy model

I received my P365 last week. Put about 200 rounds through it so far, all good. The P365 with a 12-round mag is smaller than the Shield with its 8-round mag. It will be my new pocket pistol (assuming that it runs flawlessly for another 300 or so rounds)

Last edited:
Sig sucks because they treat their employees like shit. Very high turnover rate as a result of laughable wages, borderline forced overtime and the fact that everyone is hired as a temp with no guarantee of permanent employment. Also they conduct random searches to see if your stealing shit (no trust).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom