Sig P365 owners

er... OK, why does anyone care about this? Lots of guns do this without any problems at all.
Keyholing is when the striker hits the primer and when retracting, drags along the striker face. This leaves a pronounced initial hit, then a slighter, but still very visible drag mark in the primer. I believe this is my Shield 9mm on the left and P365 on the right (been a while since I took the picture)

20181103_125544.jpg

Lots of micro 9's keyhole primers. However, it was a concern on the first batch of P365's because they keyholed very drastically and the metallurgy of the strikers wasn't up to snuff, leading to several reports of broken striker tips. Sig improved striker shape, slide striker hole (beveled it), and supposedly improved the hardening of the striker itself in the silent 2nd gen release. This picture is of my 2nd gen P365. So still happens, but supposedly less concern of breakage (supposedly).

My almost 6 year old Glock 43 has keyholed since day one. My "gen 1" P365 does the same. Neither has had an issue with thousands of rounds through both. YMMV

I think the actual number of units with issues was relatively small compared to the first gen production run. However, handguns are like parachutes. Even the news of 1 issue is alarming, as you don't want to be the one to find out you have the same issue when it counts.

I said I loved my G43 w/RMR but the P365 (w/ manual safety) I picked up from SO is so very sweet! I put some Talon pebble rubber grip tape on, filled in the leftside rail slot with JBWeld putty and put some grip tape over that too, for better thumbs forward grip (it was tearing my thumbnail off). I got the TacPak with 3x12rg mags and carry with a 10rd mag. If Leopoldo comes out with a DeltaPoint Micro red dot, I’ll add that, but plan to keep it very small and compact.

I’ve already got a collection of OWB, AIWB and bellyband holsters for it, and like the Concealment Express IWB and SmartCarry carry pouch. I just got a PHLster Enigma and Skeleton holster rig and it’s the best, far and away. It wears under cargo pants deep cover or high with an untucked shirt. It’s fine with gym shorts and untucked T-shirt. I hiked 5mi with it under cargo shorts and rode mountain bike with a padded liner and shorts over. The Enigma will take some tweaking but will be my most versatile and comfortable holster.

207CC1BE-5BFF-45EC-8FF6-F44D2BB4CB32.jpeg

I said I loved my G43 w/RMR but the P365 (w/ manual safety) I picked up from SO is so very sweet! I put some Talon pebble rubber grip tape on, filled in the leftside rail slot with JBWeld putty and put some grip tape over that too, for better thumbs forward grip (it was tearing my thumbnail off). I got the TacPak with 3x12rg mags and carry with a 10rd mag. If Leopoldo comes out with a DeltaPoint Micro red dot, I’ll add that, but plan to keep it very small and compact.

I’ve already got a collection of OWB, AIWB and bellyband holsters for it, and like the Concealment Express IWB and SmartCarry carry pouch. I just got a PHLster Enigma and Skeleton holster rig and it’s the best, far and away. It wears under cargo pants deep cover or high with an untucked shirt. It’s fine with gym shorts and untucked T-shirt. I hiked 5mi with it under cargo shorts and rode mountain bike with a padded liner and shorts over. The Enigma will take some tweaking but will be my most versatile and comfortable holster.

View attachment 515035
now to make it even better get a longer pinky extender - there are several out there, so check them all out before buying.
View: https://www.amazon.com/Pearce-Grip-Ext-Sig-365/dp/B07RPZW6PP
View: https://www.amazon.com/TACwolf-Extension-Fits-Sauer-P365/dp/B08RHGXMWB

Have a brand new Sig P365 with manual safety. Got it right before going out of work. Deciding what to sell next. Who's using a P365, and have you had any issues with it?

If I don't sell it, I'd sell my Glock 26. I like that the Sig is slimmer and has a manual safety, but I've been hearing rumor of a lot of problems with them still. If I'm going to sell it, I don't want to bother shooting it. The Glock has always gone "bang", plus mags are cheaper. It's just "fat".

The only other threads I'm seeing here are about it's introduction, 2 years ago. I believe this is a 2020 version.
I believe that Sig already worked out all those problems. Far too many first-generation pistols have problems which is why I NEVER buy a first-generation pistol. All the recent reviews I've seen have been positive.

I just bought myself a p365 for my birthday, put a couple hundred rounds through it and I love it. Gonna be my carry gun for when concealment matters or when I have to cross the border into enemy territory.

View attachment 515035
1C4CDB71-2596-46B0-ADC3-BBBA61B53FCB.jpeg

1c4cdb71-2596-46b0-adc3-bbba61b53fcb-jpeg.515217
1*0UcPEJrnK35bFMVrC4Pm9A.png

I swore I’d keep my P365 OEM with a 10rd mag, but have a threaded barrel incoming - just a little more barrel length won’t hurt or reduce concealment much. I’m thinking to get the slide milled to take a Shield RMSc 8moa/glass red dot w/o iron sights. In optic-down drills using one of SIGs training P365s w/o iron sight, it was still pretty easy to hit COM at 10yd by indexing slide, red dot window, shooting. It turns out a pinky extension on the 10rd mag is almost the same as the 12rd mag, so I’m running that now.

But no laser/light, tripod fore grip, 15rd mad with 2rd extension or tritium iron sights - no sir - gonna keep it OEM…with a few mods 😉

I swore I’d keep my P365 OEM with a 10rd mag, but have a threaded barrel incoming - just a little more barrel length won’t hurt or reduce concealment much. I’m thinking to get the slide milled to take a Shield RMSc 8moa/glass red dot w/o iron sights. In optic-down drills using one of SIGs training P365s w/o iron sight, it was still pretty easy to hit COM at 10yd by indexing slide, red dot window, shooting. It turns out a pinky extension on the 10rd mag is almost the same as the 12rd mag, so I’m running that now.

But no laser/light, tripod fore grip, 15rd mad with 2rd extension or tritium iron sights - no sir - gonna keep it OEM…with a few mods 😉
I said the same thing about mine lol now it has an armory craft flat trigger. Also, I found the armory craft 10rd pinky extension is slightly longer than the sig extension and it makes a huge difference, well worth the $15 or whatever it cost

I tried the XL version at the range. Not for me. Not quite enough grip (yeah, I could add the longer mag) or girth. I'm used to shooting small 9's (S&W Shield, Kahr PM9, Glock 43) but even the slightly bigger XL doesn't do it.

View attachment 515035
WTH kind of holster is this? lol If that’s an AIWB I’m almost afraid to ask about the tie down loop (ball noose?) and what you’re feeding thru it before cinching it up tight. Whole lot of stuff going on there. lol

what is it with you guys selling one gun for another? I have a g26, I bought a p365, I still use them both, never even crossed my mind to sell one for the other lol my p365 has about 7-800rds through it, been flawless. My only complaint is that when I shoot a lot with it the corner of the grip chews up my palm a little, but it takes about 150rds to get there. The original sights are good, the original trigger is fine, really nothing worth changing.

Back
Top Bottom