Sig P365 owners

Have a brand new Sig P365 with manual safety. Got it right before going out of work. Deciding what to sell next. Who's using a P365, and have you had any issues with it?

If I don't sell it, I'd sell my Glock 26. I like that the Sig is slimmer and has a manual safety, but I've been hearing rumor of a lot of problems with them still. If I'm going to sell it, I don't want to bother shooting it. The Glock has always gone "bang", plus mags are cheaper. It's just "fat".

The only other threads I'm seeing here are about it's introduction, 2 years ago. I believe this is a 2020 version.

With the hundreds I’ve been selling the past year haven’t had one single complaint nor have any come into the shop for repairs

we fix far more glocks than we do Sigs at the shop , it’s very rare to see a busted Sig come through the door
In your experience would you say the same is true for the p320's? Not trying to start a "thing", it's a serious question. My 226 is my favorite handgun and when the p320 came out and I really wanted one. But as time went on a lot of the ND issues I was seeing online kind of turned me off the Sig striker fired platform.

Love my 365XL. For me, it’s the perfect size. I will say however that I think I’ll be removing the Romeo Zero and going with iron sights. While I enjoy the red dot and my crappy eyesight appreciates it, I don’t like the idea of it not working if I were to need it to. Twice now at the range, I’ve had the battery die. Iron sights don’t do that.

Love my 365XL. For me, it’s the perfect size. I will say however that I think I’ll be removing the Romeo Zero and going with iron sights. While I enjoy the red dot and my crappy eyesight appreciates it, I don’t like the idea of it not working if I were to need it to. Twice now at the range, I’ve had the battery die. Iron sights don’t do that.
Does it not have iron sights that co witness with the red dot?

Does it not have iron sights that co witness with the red dot?
It does, but it is difficult to train for it failing because the dot does not cowitness well, meaning it does not line up with the sites. So training for failure when the dot is working is very distracting. I’d rather just have something I know I can count on. The forearm itself I’ve had zero failures with and I am very confident in its ability to go bang when asked to.

I carry the exact same 365 that you have and I’ve shot several hundred plinking and self defense rounds through it with no problems what so ever. I also have a G26 and I like carrying the 365 much more. Slimmer, lighter and easier to carry.

The 365 is great to carry. Im always surprised at how well it shoots too, because it feels almost too small sometimes but it never seems to be an issue

I replaced my Glock 26 and 43 with a P365 and P365XL. I’ve put hundreds of rounds through both with never an issue. I sold the 43 since I never loved it and the 26 I’ll keep since I have a bunch of 17,19 and 26 mags.

I swapped the curved trigger in my P365 with a flat one to match the XL and I like it a lot better.

I put a small gas peddle on mine recently. Made a huge difference on my control and my feminine (evidently) grip. Pride cometh before the fall, I'd rather have reliability than pride.

I replaced my Glock 26 and 43 with a P365 and P365XL. I’ve put hundreds of rounds through both with never an issue. I sold the 43 since I never loved it and the 26 I’ll keep since I have a bunch of 17,19 and 26 mags.

I swapped the curved trigger in my P365 with a flat one to match the XL and I like it a lot better.
That was kind of a thing with the G26, too, was the ability to use larger mags (that are cheap when compared to Sig mags). Still, if everyone is running them with no issues, I might as well go fire up the Sig and sell the Glock. The biggest benefit to the Glock is taking it all apart. I could do 95% of it prior to taking the Glock Armorer's course, plus all of the aftermarket parts.

I’ve put almost 500 rounds through my P365. No issues. that being said, I like my S&W Shield better. I shoot better with it and it just has a better feel to my hand.

Have a brand new Sig P365 with manual safety. Got it right before going out of work. Deciding what to sell next. Who's using a P365, and have you had any issues with it?

If I don't sell it, I'd sell my Glock 26. I like that the Sig is slimmer and has a manual safety, but I've been hearing rumor of a lot of problems with them still. If I'm going to sell it, I don't want to bother shooting it. The Glock has always gone "bang", plus mags are cheaper. It's just "fat".

The only other threads I'm seeing here are about it's introduction, 2 years ago. I believe this is a 2020 version.

Selling a working tested gun is dumb unless it's literally a situation where you absolutely need the money or you have so much duplicity in your lineup that you can't justify keeping it around. Although if you were going to dump a g26 now would be the time considering they're basically made out of unicorn tears at this point especially if you have at least a Gen 4....

Selling a working tested gun is dumb unless it's literally a situation where you absolutely need the money or you have so much duplicity in your lineup that you can't justify keeping it around. Although if you were going to dump a g26 now would be the time considering they're basically made out of unicorn tears at this point especially if you have at least a Gen 4....
At the point of needing the money. Luckily, it is a Gen4. I think the only time I've ever had a Glock NOT work is when I once bought one used and someone had "tweaked" the extractor, and when working out west where we kept chambering the same ammo for the next shift (which resulted in bullet setback).

It depends on what other guns you have. If just those 2 keep the Glock. If you have service size pistols keep the Sig.

Funny side note, Glock is showing wrong spelling in spell check. One of the corrections is block.

You’ll get a couple hundred more for your Glock. I have both the Glock sits in the safe most of the time, but if we are headed to the “you can only have one gun” road. I’d stick with the Glock every time over the 365. Reliable platform for decades. Not that hard to conceal and hi cap mags if you want them.

You’ll get a couple hundred more for your Glock. I have both the Glock sits in the safe most of the time, but if we are headed to the “you can only have one gun” road. I’d stick with the Glock every time over the 365. Reliable platform for decades. Not that hard to conceal and hi cap mags if you want them.
Maybe, maybe not in New Hampshire. Glocks are cheap here, compared to MA. People on Armslist ask stupid prices for them, and then wonder why they don't sell. LOL. Seems to be a fair number of P365's for sale, and when people ask about buying them their friends try to "friends don't let friends by Sigs". Some of it seems to be their customer service...or lack of.

Maybe, maybe not in New Hampshire. Glocks are cheap here, compared to MA. People on Armslist ask stupid prices for them, and then wonder why they don't sell. LOL. Seems to be a fair number of P365's for sale, and when people ask about buying them their friends try to "friends don't let friends by Sigs". Some of it seems to be their customer service...or lack of.

ahh yes I didn’t notice the NH thing. Good for you then. Keep whatever you shoot better. FWIW I would imagine anyone having issues with the 365 still has the early ones they put out, gen 1 you could call it. Seems rather than up their quality control they just release things to market and let the customers work out the kinks. My wife and I both have one neither one has had a malfunction. But as I said, if I could only have one it would be my subcompact Glock.

Man that is quite a vicious circle this hobby has got you in. NES has endured tales of loss and and gain for years now only to have the cycle repeat itself yet again?

Or is this just another not so subtle way to start a P365 vs. G26 thread..?

But seriously if cash is all you need how about some pawnshop like arrangement? I get a little weepy when one sells off their collection. Unless it’s to me of course...

haha, don’t tell BuckFaker, but I love my 938. Doesn’t get carried much these days but it’s smaller and lighter than 365, if it held 10. You would see both my 365s in the classifieds.
We've been down that road before lol. I just like that it feels like a mini-1911 and its convenient to carry. The trigger is great but there are some unfortunately down sides like weird magazine ejection issues where a bullet will be pulled from the magazine and loose and then you have to eject the round in the chamber. It shouldn't be a big deal, but it feels like you're doing extra mental gymnastics when you eject a mag when you should just be able to eject the mag and rack the slide and be done with it.

Mine still keyholes primers, but I believe I have the silent release gen 2 with improved striker design and chamfered pinhole, so I'm not too worried about it. For the record, my similarly sized gen 1 Shield also keyholes primers. I believe (although, I'm not certain) that because the safety models were released later, they should have the improved design.

Other than that, near flawless function. The only other thing I've noticed is that the gun likes to return to battery when slapping in a new mag. Seems like the mag catch is just barely catching after last round. I'll have take it out one of these days to check for wear, but it is relatively new after I installed the XL grip a few months back. I've actually read forums where some people claim this is a "feature", but I don't buy it.

We've been down that road before lol. I just like that it feels like a mini-1911 and its convenient to carry. The trigger is great but there are some unfortunately down sides like weird magazine ejection issues where a bullet will be pulled from the magazine and loose and then you have to eject the round in the chamber. It shouldn't be a big deal, but it feels like you're doing extra mental gymnastics when you eject a mag when you should just be able to eject the mag and rack the slide and be done with it.

Have you tried sending it back to Sig for repair?

Back
Top Bottom